Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get your act together HT. Preorders will disappear if you don't update it. DX Bruce Lee had an update soon after the specs.

I'm not familiar with HT's history, but has a Hot Toy's figure ever been canceled after significant fan disapproval or low pre-orders, such as with some recent (and some past) Sideshow items?

Don't think so. Sometimes they release a figure after criticism anyway, like Dastan. I hope they tweak Kevin Flynn too, but it probably won't happen.

Indy will most definitely be revised. I'm hoping to see some statement on HT's Facebook page along the lines of

"Due to our loving fans, we went back and redo the Harrison Ford headsculpt. Mr. Ford is one hard face to capture, as well we have redone all the clothing of Dr. Jones to make it perfect collectible!"

Indy will most definitely be revised. I'm hoping to see some statement on HT's Facebook page along the lines of

"Due to our loving fans, we went back and redo the Harrison Ford headsculpt. Mr. Ford is one hard face to capture, as well we have redone all the clothing of Dr. Jones to make it perfect collectible!"

Im pretty sure that wont be the wording or even close to it.:lol

"Due to our loving fans on SideshowFreaks, who are our only customers in the whole world, and whose opinions provide the definitive yardstick by which all our creative decisions are measured and made, we went back and redo the Harrison Ford headsculpt. Mr. Ford is one hard face to capture, as well we have redone all the clothing of Dr. Jones to make it perfect collectible!"

corrected :)

seriously though...why on earth did they release proto pics when the head sculpt looks nothing like HF....why not just say HS pending...

seriously though...why on earth did they release proto pics when the head sculpt looks nothing like HF....why not just say HS pending...

If you look at the bottom it says prototype shown, final product may be slightly different.
And to say it looks nothing like Ford is a matter of opinion. I see Ford in the sculpt, but I do acknowledge that it needs some tweaks, which I am sure given the release date, Arnie Kim is working on.

179484_488154417343_58690437343_6403158_259248_n.jpg

If you look at the bottom it says prototype shown, final product may be slightly different.
And to say it looks nothing like Ford is a matter of opinion. I see Ford in the sculpt, but I do acknowledge that it needs some tweaks, which I am sure given the release date, Arnie Kim is working on.

179484_488154417343_58690437343_6403158_259248_n.jpg

I agree--- I see Ford as well, but just not enough (along with the hat :horror ) to accept it. I'm hopeful that with some tweaks it'll be turned around as well--- There's so much potential there that it'll be a shame if a HT opportunity is wasted.

To be perfectly honest, I would be happy with the sculpt as is. Looks like Ford to me and HT promo pics always pale in comparison to display pics and final in hand pics.

However, it is the rest that needs to be heavily tweaked to me, the dreadful hat, the jacket, colouration on belts, those shoes!

Besides, hopefully Adam will come through with the Indy he may do. :pray:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back