Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Yeah. I was just confused because the other one has flaps... not really necessary either since it could stand on its own. Damn Hot Toys and your confusing ways!

I didn't realize film over the side mirrors started at the slot corners. Done. I remember some people saying they were afraid to pull it off because they started to see silver on the film... that's normal, I had some silver on the top and bottom of the peels, but it didn't tear any silver off of the actual mirror for me.

Some of them are REALLY stuck. If you take off the film (no matter how carefully) it will ruin the mirror. Happened to me and I had to replace it. It's a very common problem. You shouldn't lose any silver on the protector.
Out of the 3 Mirror backdrops I have to peel. 1 was completely faulty, 1 was perfect and came off easily and the 3rd ended up being perfect, but it was a nail biter!. Barely came off.

I'm surprised more folk on here haven't discussed this, perhaps a lot of DX owners haven't peeled them yet?

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Yeah, everyone should check it, I always check every little thing to make sure I can get a replacement from my seller... wait too long and you probably won't able to.

You think the longer it stays unpeeled... the stronger it'll adhere to the mirror?

Very possibly. But I guess the main issue, as you correctly pointed out, is that if left too long there is no way to send it back to be replaced.
This is one of mine, and I removed the protector like I was defusing a bomb, very carefully, it just wouldn't come off. I think the protector was applied before it had dried or set or something and stuck.

photo-13.jpg

Last edited:

Very possibly. But I guess the main issue, as you correctly pointed out, is that if left too long there is no way to send it back to be replaced.
This is one of mine, and I removed the protector like I was defusing a bomb, very carefully, it just wouldn't come off. I think the protector was applied before it had dried or set or something and stuck.

photo-13.jpg

Kinda looks like Bruce has just smashed the mirrors in order to break the illusion.

That is some awful damage Rory, I see what you're on about now. I just went and checked mine, they've been wrapped in the film since end of April when I took delivery. The film peeled off fine, no shards peeled off the mirrors at all thank goodness. It seems to me that the film is not adhered to the panels but somehow vacuum fit or shrink wrapped to them. If this is the case I would guess that the damage is already done by the time it leaves the factory, and leaving it for one week or one year wouldn't make any difference to the amount of peeling you'd get. Thanks for the heads up on checking these guys, I'm glad I know one way or the other the condition of these parts, and thankfully my set is all good.

Nice shots Tyler! Congrat on your DX04! Such a magnificent figure!

Oh god...try email to Hot toys hope they can replace it Rorywan...:monkey2
Kinda looks like Bruce has just smashed the mirrors in order to break the illusion.
:rotfl

Mine while remove the protector.

you can see me(yourself) like this after removed it.

In the end I have the same problem at the middle one like you but just a very tiny small spot.

I think it stand up on its own 'cuz this one have more weight to stay still than the dungeon.

And Nice shot Tyler :clap

Last edited:

I bought a new one with stand on ebay after the disaster. It was perfect thank god!

That is so weird, none of my side panels had protectors on, just the middle!?
Or am I going crazy?
:panic:

You're crazy. They all have protectors, just take a pair of tweezers or something and gently scrape away at a corner. It will peel off!

You're crazy. They all have protectors, just take a pair of tweezers or something and gently scrape away at a corner. It will peel off!

Indeed. I am crazy. Sorry didn't notice that until now!
They aren't really any shinier underneath though! I think maybe I was so distracted by the center section, I didn't even try the side panels.
:slap

Last edited:

Indeed. I am crazy. Sorry didn't notice that until now!
They aren't really any shinier underneath though! I think maybe I was so distracted by the center section, I didn't even try the side panels.
:slap

:lol:lol:lol

Just removed the protective wrap on my dio. No problems with it at all(thank god)
The side sections are slightly more reflective once the protective wrap is removed. Barely noticeable really but it looks more mirror-like, which is good.

Recieved my extra body from a fellow bordie, and i just thought i would share some pics.

005-16.jpg

006-12.jpg

009-5.jpg

Awesome. I actually had no intention of using the sneaking suit when i first saw it announced, but as i had the EX thought i may as well use the extra body with it, and i actually really love it.

Great pics lambo :rock
Thanks man:hi5:

Awesome. I actually had no intention of using the sneaking suit when i first saw it announced, but as i had the EX thought i may as well use the extra body with it, and i actually really love it.

Yeah man i was surprised of how well the cat suit looked on bruce lee. I felt that the cat suit look is under rated.

Last edited:

Thanks man:hi5:

Yeah man i was surprised of how well the cat suit looked on bruce lee. I feel that the cat suit look is under rated.

Yeah definitely. As i said, i really didnt expect much from it, but as soon as i saw it on the body i realised how good it was. I was gonna use the extra body to customise a GOD version, but now id rather keep the sneaking suit on. Just looks so good. I think i like it probably equally as much as the standard kung fu trousers/topless/scarred look.

Oh god...try email to Hot toys hope they can replace it Rorywan...:monkey2

:rotfl

Mine while remove the protector.

you can see me(yourself) like this after removed it.

That's exactly what I meant by some silver. There's silver on the edges of the film, but none of it was ripped off from the actual side mirror.

That's exactly what I meant by some silver. There's silver on the edges of the film, but none of it was ripped off from the actual side mirror.

Same here. Silver on the edges of the film, but everything was fine on the actual "mirrors".

Back