Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

So are you saying there is a first release in HK with no stand, then a second release in HK with better painted sculpts a stand, as well as a second release in the U.S. with better painted sculpts but no stand?

Honestly, I can't tell about the eyebrows because, due to lighting, it is hard to say how it would stack up to mine. Mine seems to have "bushy" eyebrows, but I can't tell for sure without the other to compare it to. I think mine has the slightly poofier hair, though.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Looking at the vid I don't see a difference. These are all hand painted so variations from piece to piece will happen.

I'm not saying anything other than I don't think we got the first batch.

I dug back into previous pages and looked at some of the photos by people who got it in HK early... the differences are a bit more clear with painting. I also see what he was saying about the hair... it doesn't hug his face as tightly as the newer versions that (what looks like) we got.

But I guess we won't know for certain until someone posts clear hi-res pics.

I think you guys are drawing TOO MANY CONCLUSIONS TOO FAST... Unless there really is a side by side good quality picture of both 'so called' batches, id say its just an imbalance in paintjobs, or just a 'mind thing' of having a 'newer' figure... we all know there are slight differences in paintjob from EACH figure off any production line...

Yeah... getting a bit too hysterical. I'm going to go calm down!

This is one of HT's best-ever figures.

IMG_7446-1.jpg

Man oh man, this had me freaked out all afternoon. I did try and order a regular version as soon as I got home! :rotfl

now those are waitlist too... sheesh, anyway, I have an ex - I don't even know why i was worried... but this whole episode reminded me about this photo I saw... this paint is way different than mine.

but this whole episode reminded me about this photo I saw... this paint is way different than mine.

Its got more to do with the balancing in the picture than paint probably, increase the contrast and fiddle with the colour hues and even your's can look like that...

Hey guys, i really wanna get a Game of Death suit to use with the DX Bruce. Does anyone have any advice on what suit to use? I hear the Enterbay one stains the bodies? Does anyone know anything about the custom one on ebay being made by mytoys_box?
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-6-Bruce-Le...ltDomain_0&hash=item3a654ed201#ht_3537wt_1139

Cheers.

I just got one of these in the mail and I was surprised how good it is. The weave of the fabric is not as coarse as expected and the collar is not as large and goofy as some other customs I've seen. Some minor paint bleed from the dying process is evident at first but is not so apparent when on the figure. And you get the EB sneakers, which bring the overall look up a notch from the molded sneakers you find in some custom sets. And they throw in a custom jade bracelet.

I got this set because even though there are bound to be a lot of parted out suits from the GoD, there will be sod all sneakers up for grabs. I'm guessing that the cost of picking up a parted out suit and sneakers from the GoD set will be around 80-100. At 40 bucks I'm pretty happy with this set.

Whether it stains or not I won't know for a while - but I think this is a gamble regardless of whether it's a custom suit or an EB one from what I've read.

Those custom suits are really tacky, and will ruin your DX Bruce's awesomeness/finishing look... try a parted out Enterbay Nokia GoD suit OR wait for the parted out suit from Enterbay's new GoD... I Know Ill part the non-battle damaged one for sure...

100% disagree. It's the Enterbay suit that will stain the figure so avoid that. Myself and Pixeltwin both have this on our figure and he looks great - no stains either. Plus, after putting this suit on my spare HT body and clean head, I don't feel at all bad about canceling the upcoming Failbay GoD figure as with the Exclusive body, spare head and generic suit, I have a great representation of Lee already from GoD.

That is quite a gamble. I wouldn't take the odds of betting on the horse I know had a broken leg (the EB suit).

100% disagree. It's the Enterbay suit that will stain the figure so avoid that. Myself and Pixeltwin both have this on our figure and he looks great - no stains either. Plus, after putting this suit on my spare HT body and clean head, I don't feel at all bad about canceling the upcoming Failbay GoD figure as with the Exclusive body, spare head and generic suit, I have a great representation of Lee already from GoD.

Yes but the downside is that you have saved yourself over 300 bucks.

I thought the staining was between the vinyl body and the clothes only, cant say how itll react with the HT Lee body. ALSO we never know if the customs will start to stain too...

I remember someone saying that the first thing to do to stop staining is to wash the clothes in slightly warm water before putting them on the figure... No matter what I dont think you can really compare with the tailoring and finishing of the EB suit with its drawbacks to the custom made ones...

Yes but the downside is that you have saved yourself over 300 bucks.

True, as well as the opportunity to own the worst looking rubber body to hit the market in quite a while.

I thought the staining was between the vinyl body and the clothes only, cant say how itll react with the HT Lee body. ALSO we never know if the customs will start to stain too...

Safe bet this is a no stainer. And as far as quality goes, I'd say the generic's comparable.

I remember someone saying that the first thing to do to stop staining is to wash the clothes in slightly warm water before putting them on the figure... No matter what I dont think you can really compare with the tailoring and finishing of the EB suit with its drawbacks to the custom made ones...

Cold water and vinegar. And again, the tailoring on this custom suit is superb. They even used a small zipper for the back.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8agDO5IIzqw"]YouTube - Hot Toys DX04 Bruce Lee Information Video[/ame]

hey friends,chek out this video..there are deferens of two realeses of dx4????:horror

He stole my idea!:lol
But yeah, thats what I did to mine a few years ago and I dont have any stains.
Just make sure to let them fully dry 1st before putting them back on.

True, as well as the opportunity to own the worst looking rubber body to hit the market in quite a while.

Safe bet this is a no stainer. And as far as quality goes, I'd say the generic's comparable.

Cold water and vinegar. And again, the tailoring on this custom suit is superb. They even used a small zipper for the back.

Didnt know about that one.

YouTube - Hot Toys DX04 Bruce Lee Information Video

hey friends,chek out this video..there are deferens of two realeses of dx4????:horror

If you're saying that the "normal" version's face sculpt (the set that doesn't come with the spare body) is sharper and better than the exclusive version - I have to agree.

I saw the former at a friend's place and it looks better than the "exclusive" set I got! Darn, looks like I will have to get the "normal" version! LOL! Anyone else notice the difference?

Last edited:
Back