Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Being a huge BL fan I couldn't be happier. I think everyones dissatisfaction with this piece speaks to a couple issues in the collecting community: first off props to HT doing WTF they want. As a collector I won't complain, since I can't make any of this stuff myself. I have to wait for HT to produce it.
Second: what's with the complaining about which figure comes out next. If you want a Superman so bad, start a production company and make it yourself. I'm a bit embarrassed to read through some of these posts. People love to complain that much is obvious here. To those complainers, I challenge you to do better. My two cents.....

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Arnie is doing what we all will do: abandon a sinking ship.

Been trying to get my hands on a GOD EB with the deluxe wooden stand, Forbidden Planet in NYC had one in the display case for more than a year and the cheapest they marked it down to was about $395. 10% off for being a student would've helped too. Alas, I never took the plunge and look at me now! Seriously considering this as my BL piece-the SSC EX with the extra rubber body is a pretty good deal.

Figure is just too dope not to preorder. Preordered the EX version, love the extra regular body!

Would the head fit on the slim body?? I wonder if there the same height?

what's with the complaining about which figure comes out next. If you want a Superman so bad, start a production company and make it yourself. People love to complain that much is obvious here. To those complainers, I challenge you to do better. My two cents.....

:lecture:lecture:lecture:duff:duff

I think everyones dissatisfaction with this piece speaks to a couple issues in the collecting community: first off props to HT doing WTF they want. As a collector I won't complain, since I can't make any of this stuff myself. I have to wait for HT to produce it.
Second: what's with the complaining about which figure comes out next. If you want a Superman so bad, start a production company and make it yourself. I'm a bit embarrassed to read through some of these posts. People love to complain that much is obvious here. To those complainers, I challenge you to do better. My two cents.....

Amen to that my brotha!

:duff

Would the head fit on the slim body?? I wonder if there the same height?

I guess it would fit, don't think hot toys would change their peg system just for this figure, IMO.

My dilemma with this figure is that I would prefer a non-BD Lee but the only way I can get a non-BD body for nude posing is by up-selling to the exclusive.

What I really want is not two figures, but a versatile single figure. The BD head can really only go with the BD body, and the non-BD HS can't be posed nude with the BD body. Why oh why Hot Toys did you not make the BD the exclusive?

I know for the money the exclusive is a good deal - two figures @ 110 etc - but this becomes one expensive figure with 40-50 bucks shipping. If Superman wasn't on the horizon I'd be able to justify spending the clams on this beauty... but as it is, I'm going to have to pass :(

Do you think HT will take on any more Lees, especially with Arnie Kim now in their stable?

My dilemma with this figure is that I would prefer a non-BD Lee but the only way I can get a non-BD body for nude posing is by up-selling to the exclusive.

What I really want is not two figures, but a versatile single figure. The BD head can really only go with the BD body, and the non-BD HS can't be posed nude with the BD body. Why oh why Hot Toys did you not make the BD the exclusive?

I know for the money the exclusive is a good deal - two figures @ 110 etc - but this becomes one expensive figure with 40-50 bucks shipping. If Superman wasn't on the horizon I'd be able to justify spending the clams on this beauty... but as it is, I'm going to have to pass :(

Do you think HT will take on any more Lees, especially with Arnie Kim now in their stable?

I for one would think they will, the one and only BL sculptor is within their ranks, it would be a shame not to squeeze some more juice out of Arnie, and money out of our pockets. XD

I think there'll be another BL fig from HT. But really, the clean body version is only $20 more! It's worth it IMO--if you're even considering getting this fig, you might as well get it!

Well, it's not REALLY only $20 more when you factor in other things:

- Alter Ego has him for $180. Sideshow's regular is $200, $220 for EX.
- Sideshow may charge tax in your state, which is about another $20.

Alter Ego regular - $180 + shipping
Sideshow EX - $240 + shipping

So he can be up to $60 more for the extra body. Still going for it though.

Well, it's not REALLY only $20 more when you factor in other things:

- Alter Ego has him for $180. Sideshow's regular is $200, $220 for EX.
- Sideshow may charge tax in your state, which is about another $20.

Alter Ego regular - $180 + shipping
Sideshow EX - $240 + shipping

So he can be up to $60 more for the extra body. Still going for it though.

If you want to complicate things unnecessarily, you can go by that formula. But it only applies to you and other Californians.

I'm a Californian too, but I won't whine about tax. You compare the price of Sideshow's offering with tax included versus Alter Ego's, but they charge tax too. Are you forgetting their are other states in the U.S.?

Also, there's no point in presenting the cost of Alter Ego's regular edition against the cost of Sideshow's EX version because that's apples and oranges. Alter Ego will never get the EX, so only a comparison of prices for the regular versions is valid. In that regard, yes, Alter Ego is the way to go.

However, I'm from California (As you are too), so shipping from Alter Ego (based in Ohio) costs more for me. An average of $4-5 more, actually. I was quoted $7.40 for shipping from Sideshow, and it usually stays that way. So really, it's not so bad buying from SS.

Yes, and also consider trying to get the body later on. Most likely you will be spending the same amount of money, if not more. These bodies will become very expensive later. All the customs you will be able to do.

I see.

I thought Alter Ego was located in one place and Sideshow had multiple? I guess that's really the reason I brought the tax thing up.

I was under the impression the shipping wouldn't stay that low, good to hear!

But I would like to keep in mind I said "up to", so it of course can vary depending on people's location.

Last edited:

What happened to all the "movie-acurate" talk that goes on here?

The battle damaged body is the iconic & accurate part of this figure.

So why is everyone not fond of it?

Im personally going to display mine with shirt on. Im not feeling the visible joints on the arms because that gives it a toy-ISH look (imo)

fellas i just pre ordered him from sideshow he's costing me $227.00 for the ex shipped to ct. this body will be 60 or more on ebay, you all know this so he's worth the extra money of the ex from sideshow imo.:lecture

I never saw Enter the Dragon but holy crap this figure looks great, I know nothing about these figures but I ordered the exclusive and that extra body looks worth it.

I already preordered! So excited!. I can see the BL body going for $100+ on ebay.

Back