Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

OK, now all the disappointment from Superman and Terminator fans has died down I guess there's still a bit to be said about the EB vs HT Bruces.

Three things stand out for me:

1. the EB Bruce looks a bit out of proportion with HT 1/6 figures. EBs BL headsculpt is bigger than T-800 and King Leonidas - in fact it looks bigger than my DiD and Soldier Story sculpts too! Nobody has noticed this?

2. Bruce Lee was one ripped dude. I don't agree that the body sculpt is absurdly overdone. This guy didn't have an ounce of body fat on him, which I think the HT version celebrates nicely - maybe a bit of artistic flair was applied, but not as much as some are making out.

3. This Bruce Lee will be close to half the cost of a FoF and many times cheaper than the GoD, ETD and WoD figures. For my money, EB is not many times better than what is shown in these proto pics.

After thinking about whether I can afford another Bruce Lee when I forked out for a cobbled-together EB FoF, the answer for me is now :yess::yess::yess:

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

2. Bruce Lee was one ripped dude. I don't agree that the body sculpt is absurdly overdone. This guy didn't have an ounce of body fat on him, which I think the HT version celebrates nicely - maybe a bit of artistic flair was applied, but not as much as some are making out.

Agreed. I'm pretty sure HT went for Bruce's flex pose. As you said, the guy had no fat on his body, and when he did one of those isometric flexes you could see every single muscle striation.

Kinda wished it was CR Supes.

But ah well. This looks like a pretty cool figure, it has it's pros and cons, but since I have limited amounts of ze monies :p I'll have to pass on this guy.

But you did alright this time Hot Toys, but please try to do something next time that has not or rarely has been done.

Its a really awesome Bruce sculpt and worthy of the DX treatment. I feel like it is being scrutinized just because it is not Superman. Hot Toys could have revealed an Alien Queen and it would get negative comments aswell.

new pic:

ap_20100730082417310.jpg

The 2nd headsculpt really is good enough for me.

great. the dx is a figure of someone that's been made many times over, and made better, by another company. pat yourself on the back for being the follower now instead of being the lead.

head sculpt doesnt look like bruce(ok kinda look like him, but it's not him), but that body sculpt has to be the worst most cartoonish body sculpt i've seen yet made by ht. congrats, ht.

O

I think it is absurd. It's too sharply defined, even if they were going for the flexed look. Just look at the chest. They should really tone down the muscle definition, make it subtler.

38976_415467212343_58690437343_5080611_930179_n.jpg

And then there's this
ap_20100730121310526.jpg

thats an amazing figure i love the movie and i love the figure

For those making the argument that HT shouldn't have done BL because ETB has been doing it well is like saying Nokia and other phone manufacturers shouldn't have taken a stab at making mobile phones because Motorola was making good mobile phones already.

See how absurd that argument is?

Theres nothing wrong with the figure, the main problem is why they'd bother. You'd have to pull a rabbit out of your ass to do better than EB's attempts. Thats it. No other reason to complain. The only thing I can see as a positive is maybe the lower price. Assuming it will be of course.

For those making the argument that HT shouldn't have done BL because ETB has been doing it well is like saying Nokia and other phone manufacturers shouldn't have taken a stab at making mobile phones because Motorola was making good mobile phones already.

See how absurd that argument is?

Sorry but what an "absurd" example. You're now comparing apples to oranges.

Theres nothing wrong with the figure, the main problem is why they'd bother. You'd have to pull a rabbit out of your ass to do better than EB's attempts. Thats it. No other reason to complain. The only thing I can see as a positive is maybe the lower price. Assuming it will be of course.

Soooo, they shouldn't try?

Soooo, they shouldn't try?

Try shutting down their small competitor? Sure. Theres absolutely no other reason for this release. What is this revenge for EB announcing Prison Break figures? Lame. Just my opinion.

I think it is absurd. It's too sharply defined, even if they were going for the flexed look. Just look at the chest. They should really tone down the muscle definition, make it subtler.

exactly. the lines are too sharply defined, and are symmetrical from left to right, making it look less like a real muscle and more like a sculpt that should exist only in a toy made by mattel or hasbro. that is waaay below ht's standard.

Sorry but what an "absurd" example. You're now comparing apples to oranges.

Economic principle is the same, so it's not absurd. If I have to explain this to you, might as well read up on Economics 101. So, how absurd is my example exactly?

Consumers and businesses are governed by supply and demand, regardless if your're talking about mobile phones, apples, oranges, 1:6th scale models, services, toys, etc. they're all products. Still absurd?

The more companies produce a certain product, the more choices there are for consumers. This generates competition among the companies, which will net better prices and products in the long run, not overnight.

Try shutting down their small competitor? Sure. Theres absolutely no other reason for this release. What is this revenge for EB announcing Prison Break figures? Lame. Just my opinion.

Oh, I'm sorry, when did HT become WalMart? This is a much more absurd argument. HT didn't start out big. Entrerbay is small, because they seem to not be handling things too well in a business perspective. Look at how "aggressive" enterbay is acquiring licenses. Yes, it's like the department that handles that is in a coma. Look at how "aggressive" ETB churns out products.

Last edited:
Back