Hot Toys DX Iron Man Mark III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it might be the Mark IV, just for the fact it shows the 2 icon in the upper left corner of the picture....

:confused:

I'm pretty sure it's not the Mark IV. I'm thinking It'll be released before IM 2 during the hype wave before the film comes out and probably before the reveal of the IM2 figures. Capitalize, HT, capitalize.

I'm looking forward to this if it's a battle damaged Mark III especially if it means there's an Iron Monger coming. It makes too much sense to do one if you're going to do the other, know what I mean? I'm not sure it even needs to be a DX to warrant a release.

People who own the regular Mark III, what's there to be angry about? This is the battle damaged version! Be happy!

DXIronMan.jpg

I like teasers!

Based on that image, I'm going to say it's Mark 3 featuring:

- Interchangable damaged and undamaged chest piece
- 5 Interchange able hands
- 3 Interchangable portraits (Stark reveal with PERS, clean, BD)
- LED display base
- Mark 3 v1 light features

Going by that one photo anyway.

I find it odd that they'd include an undamaged chest piece because it's not like the battle damage is limited to only that area in the the film. He was banged up all over the suit during the final battle.

Of course, this is all guess work based on a blurry pic.

My guess would be either subtle damage on the other areas or none at all and using a BD head and chest, that way you can market it to more than just folks interested in a BD version.

IM DX is probably going to be around $200 without shipping and tax, this package would have to be very appealing to sell for that price, are people with the clean Mark 3 going to drop $200 just for battle damage? However, they might go after an improved figure that can be clean and battle damaged and more.

My take on DX is that the figures made in it are able to offer variety in looks, Joker has 2 costumes, Batman has gear for his various looks in the film, Iron Man being able to be clean and damaged would be fitting.

:lol you guys act like the Mark III will not be shown in part 2

:lol you guys act like the Mark III will not be shown in part 2

It might not. It is damaged at the end of the first movie. I'd imagine the replacement isn't another Mark III, but the Mark IV.

ironman2x-large.jpg

So I think it will technically present, but not active.

Awesome, just got the first one, I'll pick this one up too. I wanted a battle damaged version anyway, and an open helmet head. Hopefully it has the moving eye system.

Thank God it's the Battle Damaged Version. I would be pretty piss-off if it's another revised edition of their previous fig. It begs the question of why cant they do it right the first time.

The display stand appears different from the usual, which makes me think this will be labeled a DX even more. At first I thought it looked like an oval shape, but there's something sticking out further in the back. Wonder if it's designed to look like an environment or flooring from the film? Rooftop of the Stark Industries arc reactor building?

Will this sculpt work being attached to the body? IMO, it appears a little "too crushed" to appear a head is still inside.

If that is the case, what head sculpt would be displayed on the figure assuming the crushed helmet is resting beside the figure?

Gunmetal or Mark III sculpt?? Is the helmet with lifted face mask able to be constructed (aka Medicom Darth Vader) revealing a Stark sculpt underneath for displaying?

I love teasers :wacky

seems fairly obvious that this DX will be a battle-damaged version. in which case, that's a very smart move by ht. they might have realized they've been pi$$ing off their loyal fans and customers by doing dx stuff that's so close to the original versions. by making it visually different enough, the iron man dx qualifies as a legit standalone version, and not just a simple rehash (read: shameless cash-in).

personally, i'd wait for iron man 2 the movie to come out. wanna see the mark4 (or 5) armour design, then see what ht's equivalent output is like. i was never really happy with the toy-like paint on the mark3 armour. it diminished a brilliantly-engineered figure. so if they improve on that front, i just might get it...

I'd rather keep any comments aside first, at least before pics of it are out anyways.

But I'm kinda excited bout this piece:chew

Well, I'm glad that they're putting out a new one. I always think it sucks that these hyped-up pieces take forever for pre-order and you wait to see if it turns out well, and then by the time it comes out every retailer is sold out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back