Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, what are the production sizes on HT figures usually? I get the impression that they are fairly limited. I'm wondering if this Indy will be just as limited as regular HT figures or if because it's in conjunction (kinda) with SS that it will be a larger production size than normal. Anyone know?

Hot Toys doesn't publish edition sizes, the best guess anyone could make is if Sideshow distributes them, they usually get a decent number so you can use their ES as a minimum, but you really can't figure out a total. Which is nice, it also leaves figures open to be produced in second production runs. I think it's better that way, I collect to own stuff I want and enjoy having, all an ES on pieces means is if it's a low production run, I feel lucky if I can get one.

I think it will help to see official photos, most of the good shots of the figure from the show are using camera flash and not the display lighting which is very unflattering to the figure.

Good link Puay thank you

The more I look at that sculpt the more I definately see young Indy

I'm glad we haven't seen official pix yet. Good chance this means they're perfecting things.

After the response the head received alone, I would have gone back to the drawing board immediately and called a meeting with Yulli and Arnie Kim. I wouldn't mind the new girl that did Taylor and Barnes either to do it. She's on a roll.

Hot Toys doesn't publish edition sizes, the best guess anyone could make is if Sideshow distributes them, they usually get a decent number so you can use their ES as a minimum, but you really can't figure out a total. Which is nice, it also leaves figures open to be produced in second production runs. I think it's better that way, I collect to own stuff I want and enjoy having, all an ES on pieces means is if it's a low production run, I feel lucky if I can get one.

Thanks Maul. My concern was in how quickly these will sell out. Particularly with the questionable likeness and hat, I'm not 100% with it. But if I decided to wait for in-hand pics to make a final judgement, I may miss out altogether if it's one of HT's regular small runs!

Oh, who am I kidding! I'll probably order it no matter what!

Well a safe bet would be to place an order with a site that doesn't charge cancellation fees, there will be in hand pics from the HK before it ships in the US.

Yeah Mad Old Jim, you could pre-order him at Bigbadtoystore. They don't charge a cancellation fee and it's very easy to cancel through them as well.

After the response the head received alone, I would have gone back to the drawing board immediately and called a meeting with Yulli and Arnie Kim. I wouldn't mind the new girl that did Taylor and Barnes either to do it. She's on a roll.

I agree. Kim is overrated, his Bruce Lee work is amazing but his Ford is lackluster.

His Han Solo is ok, but nothing amazing.

gud2js_20051006190103_4621694_1.jpg

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31151

Right, and you can see a lot of similarities bewteen his old sculpt of Indy & Han and his new one. Bleh, give me Trevor's Indy anyday.

Then your set because you have 3 Trevor Indy figures, enjoy. :nana:

Plus that Han Solo and his Indy are 5 years and older.

Look at Mk.3 Stark and Mk.4 or Mech Test and tell me that sculptor hasn't improved.

Then your set because you have 3 Trevor Indy figures, enjoy. :nana:

Plus that Han Solo and his Indy are 5 years and older.

Look at Mk.3 Stark and Mk.4 or Mech Test and tell me that sculptor hasn't improved.

You got me, look this isn't a bigger ____ contest I am just not pleased with the first sculpt. I am going to pick up the HT Indy, I just think others could have done a better job. The photoshop job by small studios was a big improvement. I think HT Indy is about 80% the way there. I have confidence that they'll be able to pull it off. Nice use of the smileys btw. :pfft:

Things are bound to get a bit touchy with this figure and any Indy figure, it's not too often you get 2 companies so closely making the exact same thing in this hobby to make comparisons, usually there's a fair ammount of time in between and certain variations are to be expected. In this case, you have two figures with attributes that can be seen better or worse than those of the other. It's find to share thoughts on that as long as people are civil to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back