Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Trev did not really nail Han until Stormtrooper ANH...

picture18hj.png

I guess my problem with that one, and maybe I haven't been looking in the right places, is that I have never seen even a repaint that does it much justice. It looks awesome in those photos, yeah. But on the figure, even with the few repaints I have seen, it just doesn't do it for me.

The Stormtrooper SS sculpt I am fond of though. But hey it's a "smirking sculpt" and I have a weird fascination with that.

Darren Carnall's repaint is the best imho:

20100121_11+%28Large%29.JPG

As is his Indy:

indy+048+%28Medium%29.jpg

After the response the head received alone, I would have gone back to the drawing board immediately and called a meeting with Yulli and Arnie Kim. I wouldn't mind the new girl that did Taylor and Barnes either to do it. She's on a roll.

Thats what she said

He looks like my grandma. :lol
Someone please shop some gray hair and glasses onto this guy. :pray:

lol^^^^

while I liek Tev's attempts, like alot of sideshow sculptures they're alittle caricature-ish.

it seems like they force their facial features too much for a likeness.

Darrens Indy is just beautiful! Was that a personal piece or does a boardie here have that?

Darrens Indy is just beautiful! Was that a personal piece or does a boardie here have that?

It's a personal piece bud, I tried to get my Indy in line with him a while back but he's got a year long backlog :( I asked him to let me know if he ever considered selling his, he said it was very unlikely :lol

so where is the "star wars teaser" in this thread?

btw, will the eyes be moveable? since its a DX i would expect that.

That looks very nice... what's the recipe?

with the exception of one of my belts and holsters, that looks like all Sideshow clothing and bag with a repaint ( NICE repaint) on the head..

I still say this one looks great unpainted, but loses the likeness when someone attempts to paint the eyes. Even great painters like Carnall can't seem to bring the Ford out in him, IMO.

I've definitely seen that a lot - an unpainted sculpt that looks absolutely dead-on, turned into a painted sculpt that looks pretty good or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back