Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok did another PS manipulation. Not the best but i did fix the hat and expression a bit. Oh and the collar on his jacket.

72q0dj.png

This is so weird...like an optical illusion. :lol

The changes are so subtle that the pics look pretty much identical...but one looks like Harrison For and one doesn't!

Looks WAYYYYY better.
Hot Toys definitely need to be shown this edit.

I agree, looks a lot better. I was initially skeptical about the hat shape making such a difference but will happily admit to being wrong about that.

I think though that just showing HT a manipulated photo isn't enough. The person who did the manipulation needs to provide them with a list of what has been changed. While it's the topic of endless sitcom jokes and the basis of some pretty nasty racism, there is some neuro-cognitive basis to people from a different race to the one you grew up in "all look the same to me". We grow up learning to look at the things that are different on people's faces to tell them apart, but these areas of difference are not the same for every race. HT's Asian sculptors are brilliant, but when sculpting a caucasian face they might not be concentrating on the same areas a caucasian person would use to tell that person apart from another.

Seriously awesome Josh!

The subtle face changes and fedora change make this absolutely on the money!

Has this been posted on the HT FB page? It needs to be done

I think I may be the only one that is glad we aren't getting a smirking Indy.

Trevor's sculpt, as good as it is aways had a really wierd half smile. It looked like he just farted or something.

No I also want a serious Indy.

But I love the PF expression. Hes got that sort of relieved happy look like he just got the idol and he's free and clear but he's just turned and started to realise the boulder is about to drop.

Over on Indy site the Raider, someone pointed out that the expression on the above picture matches Indy from when he got a whack off Marion - the line "I never meant to hurt you." Seriously take a look! HT will tweak it as well as his accessories too, but there is no one look to go by, same argument as the T2 T-800 and his ever-changing hair. Sean put up a great collage of his hair throughout the film.

I like the expression just needs to be tweaked to look more like Indy as Josh has shown in his photochop

What changed??

I can see the eye shape is modified, the nose and smile are crooked. But the hat, all I can see is the brim is curled up just a little bit.

That's all that's wrong with the hat??

The hat now goes straight up and doesn't taper in smaller.

Brilliant job, Josh! Looks great now and I would have no reservations about plunking down my hard earned cash for this!

Hopefully HT will fix it to this level!

Hmmm, I think I know what the problem is, that right hand, the one holding the whip. It's not the right color, and it vaguely resembles a vintage Hasbro "Kung-Fu Grip". The ones where the rubber would deteriorate and poor Joe would be left with a kung-fu knub. That's the issue here.

But the hat, all I can see is the brim is curled up just a little bit.

That's all that's wrong with the hat??

The taper on the hat was atrocious.... the Raiders fedora has a very distinct stovepipe shape.. sides should go straight up... the photoshop correction gives it a much much more authentic Raiders feel... they HAVE to fix this.. or it is inexcusable... you cant jack up Indy's hat and call it a good Indy figure... not for this kind of money

I expect HT to say in their press release that they are revising the sculpt. It's not bad, but it doesn't grab me by the balls like the Hemsworth sculpt did. Instant Thor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back