Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:dunno I am not getting it, why does everybody seem to be bashing this thread, I think the conversation has been fine apart from the odd post, there seems to be alot of constructive talk between members so I am just not getting all the bashing

There is still some good in this thread but there is an air of elitisms that is quite prevalent. But it's still a solid thread. But you can't have your good without your ******, right?

when I did my custom Streets of Cairo Indy years ago I sculpted over the joints because of the same gripe... looked great... I imagine that if or when HT does a TOD Indy they will be using the same body that came with the HT Wolverine or Prince of Persia release.. which is actually what I used for my TOD Indy... still has visible joints but does not look too terribly bad..

:dunno I am not getting it, why does everybody seem to be bashing this thread, I think the conversation has been fine apart from the odd post, there seems to be alot of constructive talk between members so I am just not getting all the bashing

Maybe some don't like it that we don't think it's an Epic fail, and others don't like it that we are not thinking this is the best figure likeness ever made? Who knows? I'm somewhere in the middle, I can see Harrison in the sculpt, but I will admit that there could be changes made to improve it even more.

To me this looks like a Halloween Adventure mask of Indy.

It looks too fat like it could be worn over the real Indy's head and like its sort of flimsy and hollow. Not even Boots paintjob can save it. Big time no thank you, if you like it so much, simple answer, use this head instead of Hot Toys. No need for another, You have three options from Trevor already guys. That thing, the PF shrunk down or the German Disguise head. I want someone else's take this time.

I have Boot25's repaint of my Indy PF in front of me right now and its definately Harrison, but the 1/6 Raiders is just as off in differant ways as Hot Toys current proto.

And as for the people who think Sideshows only needs a few minor adjustments out of the box consider this :

Base Sideshow Indy - $90

Head repaint - $80-180 Depending artist

Body Replacement - $15-40 Soldier Story or Sculpted neck Hot TOys

Jacket Replacement - $50-250 Sov's or Katos w/e you choose

Belt Replacement - $150

Whip Replacement - $100

Shoe Replacement - $30 if you can find them

$600 if your lucky

I'd like someone else's take too. Trevor does a damn good Harrison but so far HTs looks like a step down instead of a step up, and when you sift through all this _____ing a complaining all any of us really want is a high quality Indy figure. The company that produces it and artists that sculpt or paint it really, really don't matter to me. Playschool could put out a high quality Indy and, assuming it looks good, I'd buy it. To me HT doing Indy just gives more hope of getting a really solid Indiana Jones figure... now we all just have to pray that they nail some of these inaccuracies. This thread is a ____ing mess right now but if even some of our comments are acted upon it's a win for us all.

And as far as putting a good Indy together, yeah, it's super expensive.... SS's version will be no where close top HT's once it's all said and done.

Alot of the comments here may want to be redirected to HT FB page so they might have a chance of actually being seen.

Call me crazy, but with a simple body replacement, I found the SSC Indy more than adequat.

Cost me $32 for the body. Now that SSC came out with the pro 1.2 you can greatly improve the figure for $15.

The idea of paying $300 or more to upgrade a figure just seems outlandish to me. I'm sure those that did have a superb figure, but...wow, just something I can't fathom. In the end its still only 12" tall. I could never justify investing that into 1 item, especially since I have 100 or so other figures.

Last edited:
The idea of paying $300 or more to upgrade a figure just seems outlandish to me. I'm sure those that did have a superb figure, but...wow, just something I can't fathom. In the end its still only 12" tall. I could never justify investing that into 1 item, especially since I have 100 or so other figures.

I hear that loud and clear. These are still just toys to me. OCD is not something I find enjoyable. While a great Hot Toys Indy would be nice to have, buying a new body and doing some minor paint adjustments may well be more than satisfactory.

Call me crazy, but with a simple body replacement, I found the SSC Indy more than adequat.

Cost me $32 for the body. Now that SSC came out with the pro 1.2 you can greatly improve the figure for $15.

Hmm. Good idea, Prog. Will Indy's outfit fit on the 1.2? I know it's a bit taller than the 1.0. Have all the 1.2s been tight-jointed?

I used a HT Narrow for my jacketed Indy. But for my Map Room Indy I am using the 1.2.

I can't remember if I used a Beachhead or Firefly body (from Toy Anxiety), but yes it fits pretty dang good on the taller Pro body. The Beachhead has sorta a ratchet system on the legs, but both are pretty tight.

When you lay them out Sideshow at $90 - HT at $200 - Perfection at $6-700 All the sudden it doesn't seem so bad. I know some people are having there minds blown by the pricetag but to alot of us its just the, albeit unfortunate, typical 2010 market price.

Oh I don't think the price tag is blowing anybody's mind. Not when some of us are buying pieces like the iron man figures or pf. What I think many of us are saying/feeling is that for the price this will most likely cost the sculpt and jacket should be better. Which I expect HT will do as usual.

Last edited:
Maybe some don't like it that we don't think it's an Epic fail, and others don't like it that we are not thinking this is the best figure likeness ever made? Who knows? I'm somewhere in the middle, I can see Harrison in the sculpt, but I will admit that there could be changes made to improve it even more.

Absolutely, I love this figure but who wouldnt want it improved and tweaked until it is damn near perfect! I can't recall anybody that said they like this say it was perfect, we all know it needs some tweaks to improve an already nice figure into a fantastic one

did Hot Toys already throw out a price tag for this?

I just don't like blind bashing on HT or Sideshow. One is not absolute.

I'd like someone else's take too. Trevor does a damn good Harrison but so far HTs looks like a step down instead of a step up, and when you sift through all this _____ing a complaining all any of us really want is a high quality Indy figure. The company that produces it and artists that sculpt or paint it really, really don't matter to me. Playschool could put out a high quality Indy and, assuming it looks good, I'd buy it. To me HT doing Indy just gives more hope of getting a really solid Indiana Jones figure... now we all just have to pray that they nail some of these inaccuracies. This thread is a ____ing mess right now but if even some of our comments are acted upon it's a win for us all.

And as far as putting a good Indy together, yeah, it's super expensive.... SS's version will be no where close top HT's once it's all said and done.

:lecture

I'll beak down mine. I've been afraid too until now but here goes...

Head -45
Head repaint - 90
shoes- 20
sidebag - 30
belt/holster/whip- 110
gun- 5
pants- 60
shirt- 65
jacket- 148
misc-idol-hands-base - 15
Body -45

Total arond $630 - $640 so the estimate is correct.

I also put a lot of my own time and efforts into it

And it shows. That figure is excellent. But that kind of expense (on an action figure, albeit a work of 1/6 art) is not the kind of money a person would lay down on a mass-produced piece.

Head -45
Head repaint - 90
shoes- 20
sidebag - 30
belt/holster/whip- 110
gun- 5
pants- 60
shirt- 65
jacket- 148
Body -45

That's....that's really something...

Head -45
Head repaint - 90
shoes- 20
sidebag - 30
belt/holster/whip- 110
gun- 5
pants- 60
shirt- 65
jacket- 148
Body -45

That's a true labor of love, and I hope my comments do not come across as derogatory. I have two one-off kitbashes that cost more than anything Hot Toys has produced (not that much...gulp), and they are my favorite figures.

You must be very happy with your Indy. And yes, pics. What you've shown so far is pretty amazing. Would love to see more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back