Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll beak down mine. I've been afraid too until now but here goes...

Head -45
Head repaint - 90
shoes- 20
sidebag - 30
belt/holster/whip- 110
gun- 5
pants- 60
shirt- 65
jacket- 148
misc-idol-hands-base - 15
Body -45

Total arond $630 - $640 so the estimate is correct.

I also put a lot of my own time and efforts into it

= best 1/6 Indy in existence (that I've seen) imo :lecture

Where can I see pics of it?

Shazam! :hi5:

indy3e.png

indy4.png

indy5.png

when I did my custom Streets of Cairo Indy years ago I sculpted over the joints because of the same gripe... looked great... I imagine that if or when HT does a TOD Indy they will be using the same body that came with the HT Wolverine or Prince of Persia release.. which is actually what I used for my TOD Indy... still has visible joints but does not look too terribly bad..

Hm, yes I've heard some rumors about the possibility that they use these bodies for the TOD Indy. And if a figure comes with extras like a watch or a wrist band you have a good chance to cover the joints. The new Sarah Connor is a good example how good it work. But for characters which don't have those you've bad cards.

It would be interesting how well it worked to sculpt over the joints. Was the figure still poseable or was it a statue since then? :wink1:

If so I could buy directly the Indy PF :lol And I don't like PF's so much because of the lack of variability...

Ray,

Awesome custom Indy! Great reduced PF head scuplt plus excellent paint job. Love how Kato's KOTCS jacket looks on it as well! Just awesome!

I'm not judging others. Whatever does it for you in this life :)

But holy ____ at some of the 1/6 jacket costs quoted here.
You can get a full size jacket for some of the prices people are quoting !

I'm not judging others. Whatever does it for you in this life :)

But holy ____ at some of the 1/6 jacket costs quoted here.
You can get a full size jacket for some of the prices people are quoting !

:lecture

My 1/1 Wested was $150 :lol

Nobody is forcing anybody to pay 'X' for a jacket etc so if you are happy to pay it then it really does not matter :dunno

Nobody is forcing anybody to pay 'X' for a jacket etc so if you are happy to pay it then it really does not matter :dunno

:exactly:

I see the irony some are pointing out, but my love for this hobby (and this particular character) overshadows it.

Yeah I'm not putting anyone down. As I stated, whatever makes people happy !

I just have no experience in custom 1/6 stuff and was surprised to see some of the prices listed.

But its all good.

Yeah I'm not putting anyone down. As I stated, whatever makes people happy !

I just have no experience in custom 1/6 stuff and was surprised to see some of the prices listed.

But its all good.

Sorry I wasn't being overly defensive also :monkey3

The time and effort that goes into 1/6 custom pieces is unreal so that unfortunately comes at a high cost but that doesnt seem to put alot of us off :lol

I'll beak down mine. I've been afraid too until now but here goes...

Head -45
Head repaint - 90
shoes- 20
sidebag - 30
belt/holster/whip- 110
gun- 5
pants- 60
shirt- 65
jacket- 148
misc-idol-hands-base - 15
Body -45

Total arond $630 - $640 so the estimate is correct.

I also put a lot of my own time and efforts into it

Thanks Ray you just answered my PM I was gng to send ! It is an incredible figure, I want one to !! One more question where did you score the body ?

So to just take this in a different direction for a minute... ( and hopefully not spark too much nastiness :) )... in a perfect world.. where HT carried this line out a little bit.. what would be the absolute must have secondary characters for your collection.. limiting the wish list to... say.. five figures.... (mine would be, Marion, Sallah, Shorty, Willie ( I know.. but if you have Indy and Shorty you gotta have her too) and Mola Ram...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back