Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People who want an accurate figure.
:rotfl

people with taste and an eye for detail and accuracy :huh

Action Figures, no matter how expensive, are pretty tacky for starters...
:dunno

Besides, it's a prototype...
every HT release we see the same crap, over and over...

"Doesn't look like it"
"Pass HT sucks"
"Hair is 1/inch too thick"
"Wasted opportunity"...

:lol

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/dmtjhsTxb7E?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/dmtjhsTxb7E?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

With eveything they announced, the changes we already saw to Spidey, and the fact that Monger was there in an even more rudimentary capacity, I'd say were worrying for nothing this early.

But its either this or When are we gonna see an early ____ prototype to tear to shreds so take your pick.

I still have total faith that many of the issues we see will be remedied but damn, this has to be as far off the mark as I've ever seen a HT proto, with the exception of figures they weren't granted likeness rights for, of course.

Even the movie Indy isn't consistent with his outfit throughout the movie, and even worse throughout the series...
There's no ONE accurate Indy...
Besides, it's just a collectible toy, expensive, but a toy nevertheless... just saying!
:peace

Dude, each of us write thousands of posts about toys here on this board. Sure, they're just toys, but obviously toys are pretty damn important to all of us, lame as that may sound.

I still have total faith that many of the issues we see will be remedied but damn, this has to be as far off the mark as I've ever seen a HT proto, with the exception of figures they weren't granted likeness rights for, of course.

Dude, each of us write thousands of posts about toys here on this board. Sure, they're just toys, but obviously toys are pretty damn important to all of us, lame as that may sound.

Toys are pretty important to me too!
But what I mean is that, people go into panic mode over a couple of proto pics EVERY time... you'd think we would've learned by now that the final figure will look a lot better... that's all! :peace

Toys are pretty important to me too!
But what I mean is that, people go into panic mode over a couple of proto pics EVERY time... you'd think we would've learned by now that the final figure will look a lot better... that's all! :peace

Understood. Hell, I normally make fun of people that are doing what I'm doing. It is predictable and tiring but damn, I just want a perfect Indy.:panic:

Understood. Hell, I normally make fun of people that are doing what I'm doing. It is predictable and tiring but damn, I just want a perfect Indy.:panic:

I hear you FLOSI. Like you, if I had to sell my entire 1/6 collection, only Indy would remain. That's why my Indy has been IP for a year and a half, getting him right is that important to me. If I didn't have a great backup to HT's figure almost completed, I would be a lot more vocal in this thread.

I hear you FLOSI. Like you, if I had to sell my entire 1/6 collection, only Indy would remain. That's why my Indy has been IP for a year and a half, getting him right is that important to me. If I didn't have a great backup to HT's figure almost completed, I would be a lot more vocal in this thread.

:exactly::goodpost:

There's nothing to apologize for.
HT can sift the crap posts (which are many) from the legit criticism in this thread.
The only thing worse or more disingenuous in this forum are the ones _____ing about the prototype critiquers.
They'll reap the benefits of the modifications in the final figure but continue to bemoan the lack of faith of fellow members in HT to "eventually" get it right.
All the while its the very "criticisms" that lead to HT getting it right or better in the first place.

I think it really depends on the character itself. Certain figures need to be perfect because they're just too iconic to be anything but. The Superman thread will be the same way once the first set of pics hit.

I was one of the people who thought the T2 T800 sculpt was off... I love my figure and I display it with pride but I still think the head looks more like Arnold but not enough like Arnold in T2, and that's damn near a perfect figure but I just can't help it because T2 is such a huge iconic film for me. Sometimes 'damn near perfect' still seems pretty far from. In this case the Indy proto is no where close.

Yup, so far the reigning champion of Harrison Ford likeness', Trevor Grove, isnt close to being dethroned. HT should just pay him to do another one for them. How could anyone be unhappy with that?

Trevors sculpts + HT paint ops= 1/6th nirvana.
:pray:

Yeah, Trevor really nailed him.

179ef334.jpg

I love Trevor's sculpt too, but I don't see the point of constantly comparing it to HT's effort unless there are some suggestions for how HT could use the example of the SS sculpt. Trevor's sculpt is the best so far, but it isn't perfect. I think with some work the HT one could be even better

I think the point of referencing Trevor's sculpt is that HT should just let him do it.

I have decided I will be custom building mine :)

I will use parts of the HT DX, mfisher equipment and Sovereign Studio

Going to cost overall more but like you say Dane this is the figure to go ''all out'' on :)

Now where to get this SS Jacket :cuckoo::lol

Last edited:
I love Trevor's sculpt too, but I don't see the point of constantly comparing it to HT's effort unless there are some suggestions for how HT could use the example of the SS sculpt. Trevor's sculpt is the best so far, but it isn't perfect. I think with some work the HT one could be even better

Well without even getting into the geometry of the face right now, I'd say the HT fedora lacks the character of Trevors. Its too stiff and flat in the brim and the back doesnt tapper downward like Indy's. Trevor did a great job of making his hat look worn and conform to Fords head rather than put on straight out of a hat box.
Trevs hat brim dips in the front and arches back to the rear most noticeably on the viewers left.
Then on the (viewers)right side, the brim it almost looks like its catching a gust of wind and forcing it upwards a bit.

Obviously Indy and his hat didnt always look the same through out the movie but Trevor was great at isolating the little things that added up to almost an iconic perfect sum.
HT needs to isolate more little things and the rest will fall into place.

Right now the HT hat looks like the Toys McCoy or even the Medicom hat. Technically correct but artistically wrong. That makes all the difference imo.
(Actually look at Dinolasts signature above me, the HT hat doesnt look any where near as dynamic)

As far as the face goes, the darkness of the eyes is off putting. Harrison has hazel eyes not dark brown.
Maybe its the poor lighting at the show but it looks alot like Mark Wahlberg and the eyes dont help.
Trevor did well in capturing what I can only describe as Harrisons right upper lip sneer or "Elvis lip".
Again, Trevor isolated the important Indy trademarks. Dont see it as much in the HT version.
Finally the face to hat ratio seems to be off in the HT version, his face looks too square and compact.
Again it might be the non professional shots taken at the show but thats the vibe I get.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back