Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally brought out the Cloud City stand that the set came with - almost forgot it was even included. Looks very nice with it. One thing I forgot: the hook for the lightsaber on the belt pops off really really easy.......

I'm still very happy with my Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker. I've had none of the trouble others have complained about. I will say that it is one of those figures that tends to look a lot better in person than it does in pictures (especially with my poor photography skills). I picked this up when it first came out and has been proudly displayed ever since (The battle damaged one is still in the box). He is a little too tall, but because I display him alone I never really notice. I understand that the new ANH Hot Luke will be shorter and I have wondered if it might be cool to get an extra one and use it to swap out the body, not only making him the right height but also providing a light up light saber. Maybe this is what I will do with the battle damaged Bespin Luke I still have in the box. Of course a 2.0 version will save me the trouble, but honestly I would want a ROTJ Luke before another Bespin. I think a deluxe ROTJ Luke should come with everything needed to accomplish every version we see Luke wear in the movie. The figure should be as we see him in the duel at the end, but also come with robe like vest, his cloak from Jabba's palace, and his Endor gear (poncho and helmet). He should come with a LED Lightsaber, blaster he takes momentarily at Jabba's and both gloved and ungloved right hand and the exclusive can be a battle damaged right hand. So that's what I am hoping for when it comes to a future release, but in the meantime I'll keep enjoying one of my favorite figures...
View attachment 213685

That's a great picture, Jaymas.

I recently started searching for this figure, and I found a brand new one today on eBay for $517 from a reputable International business seller with excellent feedback that apparently wheels and deals a lot of HT figures. That is the cheapest I have seen one, as I know these can get pretty pricey.

I hope I'm correct in thinking that is a good price for this figure brand new.

Having some Cold Cathode saber fun.
IMG_8421.jpg
IMG_8412.jpg
IMG_8411.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8359.jpg
    IMG_8359.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 223

I recently started searching for this figure, and I found a brand new one today on eBay for $517 from a reputable International business seller with excellent feedback that apparently wheels and deals a lot of HT figures. That is the cheapest I have seen one, as I know these can get pretty pricey.

i paid $520 a couple of months ago after a long search.

Thanks man :duff

If I didn't have it all ready I think I would pay that much for it - especially because it comes with two figures. It's still my favorite figure even among the new Hot Toys figures coming out now. Plus, if you get the Hot Toys farmboy Luke I understand the Saber arm fits on the battle damaged Luke.- I haven't tried it yet myself, but it makes Bespin Luke feel even cooler knowing this can be done.

Thanks man :duff

If I didn't have it all ready I think I would pay that much for it - especially because it comes with two figures. It's still my favorite figure even among the new Hot Toys figures coming out now. Plus, if you get the Hot Toys farmboy Luke I understand the Saber arm fits on the battle damaged Luke.- I haven't tried it yet myself, but it makes Bespin Luke feel even cooler knowing this can be done.

You're wecome. :duff

Yeah, seeing also that it essentially comes with two figures, I felt that was a good price. Based on what I've seen, it seems to come with the most accessories I've ever seen in a package. Whenever I've seen this listed, I always seem to see them going for around $600-$700, so I figured $517 for a new one was good.

I also do indeed have ANH farm boy Luke on PO, so out of curiosity, what do you mean by the "saber arm" exactly? Does Bespin Luke not include a hand accessory/option where he's able to wield the activated saber? Or do you mean the hilt of the saber that comes with the ANH Luke also fits in the hand of Bespin Luke to make him look cooler being that the saber that comes with ANH Luke has the LED light up function?

View attachment 233368
Definitely my favourite,just need to swap out lightsaber with farmboy

Great picture! :clap

I also do indeed have ANH farm boy Luke on PO, so out of curiosity, what do you mean by the "saber arm" exactly?

I mean this...
1432459247_2251872_z.jpg

Bespin Luke does not come with a light-up Saber, but apparently this arm with the permanently fixed lightsaber which comes with farmboy Luke will fit on the battle damaged Bespin Luke figure so he can also have a light up saber.

Ah, ok I gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

I was aware that Bespin Luke's saber does not have the LED light-up function, but I was also under the impression that the light-up saber that comes with ANH Luke is separate from the arm, like Bespin's. However, it makes sense that it's attached to a forearm being that it requires batteries to power it and the attachment provides the necessary room for the battery compartment.

Cool to know though that this light up saber/arm attachment fits on the BD Bespin Luke though.

I mean this...
View attachment 233375

Bespin Luke does not come with a light-up Saber, but apparently this arm with the permanently fixed lightsaber which comes with farmboy Luke will fit on the battle damaged Bespin Luke figure so he can also have a light up saber.

And it is the correct saber for the figure. For some reason the ANH has the Bespin lightsaber with the board instead of the calculator strip. So it's perfect for the Bespin Luke and for the accuracy nuts.

And it is the correct saber for the figure. For some reason the ANH has the Bespin lightsaber with the board instead of the calculator strip. So it's perfect for the Bespin Luke and for the accuracy nuts.
true that - so it actually works better on the Bespin one.

Back