Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ANH saber= endless possibilities. Still in love with the BD one.
5429_10208472647923170_3889903295814323149_n.jpg

Has anyone else besides me found that this figure is one of the hardest to make look good in a pose. That picture is great and I would like to see the whole pose, if that's possible.

Has anyone else besides me found that this figure is one of the hardest to make look good in a pose.

Apart from the head sculpt, the figure looks great and poses relatively well, IMO. He's also too tall, but if you have him next to Vader it's not really much of an issue.

I agree he poses well... But its finding a satisfying pose that I am talking about. I just can't seem to find one.

I just noticed this this evening while comparing with the sculpt of the ANH Luke. Does anyone else's clean sculpt have this little brownish marking just underneath the inside of the left eye? I looked at the sculpt on my BD figure and it wasn't on there, and it doesn't look to be any sort of scratch. It looks like it's part of the paint, as if it's some sort of facial marking, but just found it odd that it's on this sculpt and not the BD one.

image.jpg

Eh, I like this figure. Glad I got it for a good deal.

Same here. If I had to keep only one SW figure/set as of right now, this one would probably be it. I got mine a few weeks ago about $200 more than what they were first selling for, but also at the same time roughly $200 less for what the majority of them seem to be going for now.

Hey everyone, I'm new to collecting sideshow and hot toys figures and have a few questions. I've been looking at the bespin Luke and only see fairly marked up examples on eBay. Do the companies often re-issue figures or should I be safe in buying one off of eBay? I don't want to buy a marked up example then find that they are going to re-issue the same character. Also is there a 12 step program for breaking the collecting habit? thanks.

Personally I wouldn't pay the inflated e.Bay price on the DX-07. HT will not re-release that exact set, but rumor is that we may get a Dagobah Luke that would possibly have some similar outfit options. Although none of that is confirmed, I'm confident enough that we'll get some kind of Bespin 2.0 that I sold my set a while back.

Already high-ish aftermarket prices on DX07 skyrocketed after Hot Toys announced their new SW line and the Disney hype hit. There is rumour and speculation that we may see HT release a Dagobah training version; HT has done Version 2.0 in the past (someone correct me if I'm wrong) on other figures -- what seems fairly certain is that they won't release the DX07 set as-is again. That was a one-off.

Think about what you want. I'm sure they'll give us some form of ESB Luke (myself and many others are dying for Snowspeeder Luke) down the line, but that could take some time.

Personally, I think the marked up prices for DX07 are too much at this point, even for a discontinued figure, but that's a personal call.

The set is excellent; but the BD likeness is far better (albeit very specific) than the non battle-damaged or "clean" version.

If I were you I'd save an eBay search and hope for an auction or deal to come up. Patience in this hobby pays off, often enough.

You could watch the boards here too.

As for the habit -- COLD TURKEY or you're doomed. Only half-joking. ;)

I got mine for about $517 on eBay, which some will say is still a bit too high, but I really wanted this set and that was the cheapest I'd personally seen it in awhile, so I pulled the trigger. Anything higher than that is too high for me, and I usually see him listed on eBay usually anywhere between $650 - $800. Way too high.

That being said, I will say that this set is my personal favorite SW figure/set, and my second overall favorite HT figure in general. At first I preferred the clean version of the two figures included in this set, but the BD version is slowly taking its place as being the one I like more of the two. This set comes with so many options, several stands/bases and a myriad of accessories. It also has the PERS (which really isn't a big deal to me, but some really like it) in both figures, so you can move the eyeballs up, down, left or right.

Like others stated, I'm pretty confident that HT will release another Luke when they start releasing ESB figures, and I'm guessing they will probably do some sort of Dagobah or Bespin 2.0 version. However, being that it won't be a DX, it won't come with the same amount of accessories and options as you get in this set. Though I'm sure it will look great, it'll just be a lone figure, have one stand/base and probably no PERS (if that appeals to you). Some have sold theirs in anticipation of the inevitable "2.0" version, but others that have this set seem to really like it, myself included.

Take your pick. :)

It's an excellent set and will always command a higher price than anything yet to come because it was a DX release. You'll never see the same packing and items in a set again, including two complete figures. The likeness on either is equally bad and they're based on the same work with the battle-damaged having only minor differences in expression (open mouth for instance). What people normally attribute to better likeness is the expression and swapping of the hair pieces.

If you just want a Luke in Bespin/Dagobah fatigues, then wait (but you may wait a couple of years). If you want this specific set with the awesome Bespin antenna display stand and two complete figures, then go for it. Pay up to $500, but don't go higher.

Pay up to $500, but don't go higher.

This is my recommendation as well.

When I was looking for him, this was pretty much my ceiling price also. I ended up doing $517 because I wasn't going to let a mere $17 stop me when the rest of the prices I've seen were upward of $650.

If you can snare this set for roughly $500 given what you get with it, go for it.

Back