Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like everything about the Bespin Dx but the head sculpt. As such, I passed when it was released and decided to wait for an eventual 2.0. However, when Hoth Luke came out I decided to cobble together my own Bespin Luke using the hoth head and hot toys outfit. I personally think it looks more like Hamill as Luke, though I have never seen the Hot Toys head in person to compare them.

The belt, boots, and weapons are from the Sideshow figure. The body is a knock-off HT slim. With all the upcoming releases, I needed to put this together this on a tight budget but I really like how it turned out.

(Yes I know it looks silly with the two lightsabers. I was fiddling with poses and forget to take the one off his belt)

Gee, I always thought the HT sculpt was stunning on DX Luke. My favorite Hot Toy

image.jpg

Has anyone heard any more news or rumors regarding a possible 2.0 of Bespin Luke?

I really need this guy in my collection, but dont have any need for the two pack or the aftermarket price it comes with. Yikes.

Looking forward to specifics on this one as there were a few things I was never fully happy with, with the DX. I sold it while the demand is there and am gambling on a 2.0 I'll be more satisfied with. And Jack, before I pull the trigger on single Chewie, you're sure you haven't heard anything about an ESB version? ;)

I didn't think a Bespin Luke 2.0 was a real possibility, but if it is, then count me the **** in. ;)

:lecture. Quoted for emphasis cause you took the words out of my mouth.

Spill the beans, Jack. What do you know about Luke 2.0? You being serious or pulling my leg?

I don't think he can get too specific but it was hinted we might see a more Degobah themed figure, which opens up a lot of cool possibilities for outfits (X-Wing jumpsuit would be pretty cool). I'd love a better tailored clean Bespin outfit, too.

I don't think he can get too specific but it was hinted we might see a more Degobah themed figure, which opens up a lot of cool possibilities for outfits (X-Wing jumpsuit would be pretty cool). I'd love a better tailored clean Bespin outfit, too.

Im hoping for a clean Bespin outfit.

Yeah, the sculpt and PERS are mostly why I decided to sell. (It was actually your post detailing how your PERS had disintegrated that was the final nail in the coffin for this figure. I read that and then posted my for sale thread about 10 minutes later. :lol Just figured it'd be my luck to finally display the set properly in a year or two and then have something like that go wrong. I didn't want to have to worry about it.) Also really disliked the fabric they chose for the outfit. Awesome set altogether but it still fell short of the prototype in a lot of ways. I'm OK with idealized Mark Hamill but ANH Farmboy looks much better, IMO, so I have high hopes for a Degobah/Bespin 2.0.

And Jack, before I pull the trigger on single Chewie, you're sure you haven't heard anything about an ESB version? ;)

Interested in the same Chewie info. For the same reasons. I think the current one can be futzed enough to look good but the face color is still keeping me from clicking the buy button.

So no overlap with the 1.0 release? No Cloud City Luke? Not that it really matters anyway, unless we get an awesome ESB Vader.
I think if they did a big release, they could include the Degobah outfits and Bespin. You never know, maybe it'll be a more-or-less straight reissue of a clean Bespin Luke, similar to what they've done with the Arnie Terminators (I know none are an exact reissue of a previous release but basically iterations on the same theme). I don't think Jack's gonna elaborate, though, so all we have is speculation until HT releases some pics.

Interested in the same Chewie info. For the same reasons. I think the current one can be futzed enough to look good but the face color is still keeping me from clicking the buy button.
I posted earlier in the Han thread that I was holding out for an ESB Chewie and Jack advised to get this one now, so he's pretty much confirmed that there are no plans he's aware of for a 2.0 Chewie. I was just wanting re-confirmation ;), lol, b/c I really wanted a closed mouth, smiling Chewbacca (and yeah, like you mention, some minor things like better colouring or what not). Once these are in stock I'm going to grab it while it's still around, though. Have a feeling once they sell out that they may not be very reasonable on the aftermarket.

Yeah, the sculpt and PERS are mostly why I decided to sell. (It was actually your post detailing how your PERS had disintegrated that was the final nail in the coffin for this figure. I read that and then posted my for sale thread about 10 minutes later. :lol Just figured it'd be my luck to finally display the set properly in a year or two and then have something like that go wrong. I didn't want to have to worry about it.) Also really disliked the fabric they chose for the outfit. Awesome set altogether but it still fell short of the prototype in a lot of ways. I'm OK with idealized Mark Hamill but ANH Farmboy looks much better, IMO, so I have high hopes for a Degobah/Bespin 2.0.

I'm still getting over the shock of that. It looks fine again but I had to pull the head apart entirely to get in there and fix it. Wish I would have taken pics, but it was SERIOUS.:lol

I guess you have to acknowledge that these figures really are like scale models and they are not built to last. And by last I mean more than a few years.

I think if they did a big release, they could include the Degobah outfits and Bespin. You never know, maybe it'll be a more-or-less straight reissue of a clean Bespin Luke, similar to what they've done with the Arnie Terminators (I know none are an exact reissue of a previous release but basically iterations on the same theme). I don't think Jack's gonna elaborate, though, so all we have is speculation until HT releases some pics.

My vote goes to Snowspeeder jacket and Dagobah training with backpack. They'd be crazy not to do that - make a great DX to go with Yoda.

I'll keep waiting for a T2 Arnie that nails the likeness. I only want to buy one and have only seen T1 Arnies that nail the likeness. The DX T2 one looked like Arnie at the age of 17.:dunno

I posted earlier in the Han thread that I was holding out for an ESB Chewie and Jack advised to get this one now, so he's pretty much confirmed that there are no plans he's aware of for a 2.0 Chewie. I was just wanting re-confirmation ;), lol, b/c I really wanted a closed mouth, smiling Chewbacca (and yeah, like you mention, some minor things like better colouring or what not). Once these are in stock I'm going to grab it while it's still around, though. Have a feeling once they sell out that they may not be very reasonable on the aftermarket.

It's the complexity of assembly that you'd think might sink a second Chewy, but then again, they've done it and learned so why not? Wonder if he's been a hot seller or not. I guess that's really the final word on a V2.0.

Back