Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just noticed that a lot of the custom Jedi Lukes are being displayed with the leather belt on over the vest. Did Luke wear it like that in the film? I can't remember if he did or didn't. I want to say he didn't, but I'm not sure.
Yep - during the Rebel briefing sequence.

As the meeting is about to conclude - & Luke walks in, you seem him with the belt on in that scene.

It's quick - but freeze the scene & you'll see it. :wink1:

I'm pretty sure you can't ship Bespin luke from the US to the UAE for $20. ;) $95 (with insurance and tracking) actually sounds very reasonable - I'm surprised it's not closer to $150.

I'm pretty sure you can't ship Bespin luke from the US to the UAE for $20. ;) $95 (with insurance and tracking) actually sounds very reasonable - I'm surprised it's not closer to $150.

It probably doesn't include custom fees yet..

Yeah, shipping usually costs me quite a bit. It's still cheaper than buying from the one or two local stores that sell these 1/6 figures at a 150 - 200% mark up.
Still can't complain. I got myself into this abyss of a hobby.:lol:lol

It probably doesn't include custom fees yet..

Yeah, that should set me back another $50 'ish.

I recently opened my dX Luke and he is amazing. Haven't messed with battle damaged version yet, but the regular one rules. Only annoying thing was that the magnet on holster strap fell off... And the I superglued the wrong side on at first lol. The magnet on the head also fell out pretty quickly but it's not a big deal. The paint and clothing are flawless.

I can't wait to get the new Vader release to go with it.

I'm not sure it matters what kind of glue they used, what's happened is they didn't apply it correctly or in sufficient quantity. ;) I have some rather nice Weldbond "white glue" that I think works amazingly well for all sorts of materials.

Despite these magnet issues, this is the most impressive HT release I own (out of 6) and also easily the best DX of the three I have - the others being DX12 Batman and DX05 Indiana Jones. Maybe it's seeing two complete figures when you first open the box. ;)

I'm not sure it matters what kind of glue they used, what's happened is they didn't apply it correctly or in sufficient quantity. ;) I have some rather nice Weldbond "white glue" that I think works amazingly well for all sorts of materials.

Despite these magnet issues, this is the most impressive HT release I own (out of 6) and also easily the best DX of the three I have - the others being DX12 Batman and DX05 Indiana Jones. Maybe it's seeing two complete figures when you first open the box. ;)

Some hate against the DX12 but I really like it. I'm not nitpicky. I really like my luke set, but I'm a huge Batman fan so it's tough to choose. I don't have DX05 yet. Soon. My favorite DX is DX09, Keaton Batman

I got around to putting up the weathervane on the ceiling today. Can't believe I haven't done it before, such a unique diorama to include.

As much as I hate exposing my hot toys figures to dust,

It's called natural weathering. ;) The best bet, is to try and keep the room (house even) as dust free as possible. Regular cleaning is about the only way to do that unless your place is hermetically sealed. I've also found that getting rid of carpets helps tremendously.

While much of my display space is behind glass, there are going to be a number of open air shelves, plus of course Luke on the weather vane!

Last edited:
It's called natural weathering. ;) The best best, is to try and keep the room (house even) as dust free as possible. Regular cleaning is about the only way to do that unless your place is hermetically sealed. I've also found that getting rid of carpets helps tremendously.

While much of my display space is behind glass, there are going to be a number of open air shelves, plus of course Luke on the weather vane!

Tempting to hang it from the ceiling. I'll probably just put it on it's stand in a cabinet when I get one.

Back