Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DX08 and 09 are next on my hit list after I get Nick Fury and complete the Avengers.

DX09 is great. Prepared to be wowed in person. Pictures don't do it justice. I'm need a DX08 as well.

I'm not into building the Avengers line, not because they aren't awesome, mostly because I'm more into Batman figures and Star Wars stuff. Nick Fury looks awesome though. Same with Hawkeye.

Loki is the only figure I have from the film.

As much as I hate exposing my hot toys figures to dust, hanging him from the ceiling is a must! I am still waiting for mine to come!

Hanging from the ceiling is a great way to display the weathervane, it's very eye catching!

It's called natural weathering. ;) The best best, is to try and keep the room (house even) as dust free as possible. Regular cleaning is about the only way to do that unless your place is hermetically sealed. I've also found that getting rid of carpets helps tremendously.

While much of my display space is behind glass, there are going to be a number of open air shelves, plus of course Luke on the weather vane!

Natural weathering, that's how I'm going to describe my Jabba & Throne display now! I think the dust adds to the effect of Jabba's palace.

Should anyone be interested...

Link below..

RORYMODBESPINLUKE_zpsfae1c2bf.jpg

Last edited:
The likeness is OK on both figures, and is slightly off like with nearly all Hot Toys sculpts

Incidentally, the facial sculpt on the new Sideshow Echo/Hoth Luke looks, at least in proto form, to be quite superior to Hot Toys Bespin Luke.

I know I'll probably be flamed for this, but I received my HT Luke yesterday, my first Hot Toys ever. And while I think it's an amazing figure I wasn't as blown away as I felt like I should be after reading thru all these pages.

1. The scale bothers me a little. I only have SS Boba but Luke has that much thinner (in body mass) look to Boba. I know Boba's armored up, but Luke seems too small. A lot of peoples pics show that Luke blends well with other SS figs, but on my shelf Luke and Boba look a little off.

2. I think the sculpts are really good, but I have quoted pixelpiper as I agree the new SS Hoth proto looks more Hamill to me, making these seem somewhat less accurate.

If I was planning to only have one great 1/6 figure Luke would probably be it right now, but I already have Boba, Vader pre-ordered, and as mentioned that SS Hoth Luke looks dead on.

So I'm kinda torn as whether or not to keep it or sell it and get two other SS figs I want.

Has anyone else felt like this??? :monkey2

Not exactly. But I couldNT pull the trigger in this. I did buy a loose head for my Luke custom and I can see what your saying. It's probably the best out there but it's still not perfect.

Edit. Missed not of couldn't.

Last edited:
I know I'll probably be flamed for this, but I received my HT Luke yesterday, my first Hot Toys ever. And while I think it's an amazing figure I wasn't as blown away as I felt like I should be after reading thru all these pages.

1. The scale bothers me a little. I only have SS Boba but Luke has that much thinner (in body mass) look to Boba. I know Boba's armored up, but Luke seems too small. A lot of peoples pics show that Luke blends well with other SS figs, but on my shelf Luke and Boba look a little off.

2. I think the sculpts are really good, but I have quoted pixelpiper as I agree the new SS Hoth proto looks more Hamill to me, making these seem somewhat less accurate.

If I was planning to only have one great 1/6 figure Luke would probably be it right now, but I already have Boba, Vader pre-ordered, and as mentioned that SS Hoth Luke looks dead on.

So I'm kinda torn as whether or not to keep it or sell it and get two other SS figs I want.

Nope none of us, just keep it and still get Hoth Luke!:lol:hi5:
Yea the scale is a tad small but it's still the best Luke ever made and the SS version will not look like the proto. Will it look good? Yes probably but the paint apps will be a step or two under HT imo.

Well, I knew going in before I bough my dx07 that the likeness isn't 100 percent. I wanted it for the two figures, the giant weather vane, etc.

Yes, though if you're not happy might as well give it a happy home and purchase a couple of figs you want.

On the Hoth figures. Yes, the Prototypes look really good. I'll wait to see what the actual HS that people receive looks like first before I can give it the crown of "Best Luke likeness"

Nope none of us, just keep it and still get Hoth Luke!:lol:hi5:
Yea the scale is a tad small but it's still the best Luke ever made and the SS version will not look like the proto. Will it look good? Yes probably but the paint apps will be a step or two under HT imo.

I guess I better take my Luke out and put him next to some SS figures cause He doesn't seem small to me. Not to mention, isn't he supposed to be a boy still?

Never felt that way, i like SS but there figures have always seemed a bit on the bigger bulkier side. While i admit the Hoth Luke looks great, that is merely proto which usually looks much better than production as with the case from SS.

SS figures have gotten better in the past year but nowhere near what HT is doing. These new Hoth figures may be the new SS standard but i'll wait and see how they look when they release probably some time next year.

You will find Boba is bulkier because of SS scale, i suggest Medi ROTJ Boba rather than SS but that's a whole nother debate. I fyou plan on mixing scale with HT and SS, than you may not have much success, even the new Vader has inaccuracies when it's been 4 years since their last one.

Bottom line, right now IMHO, SS isn't in the same league as HT, until the newer human figs release and we see in hand pics, i'll stick to HT for my 1/6th needs and SS for non human figs....GOOD LUCK!

Bottom line, right now IMHO, SS isn't in the same league as HT,

That's kind of unfair as far as 1/6 figures in general go, maybe exclusively applied to human head sculpts, but that does look like it's about to change too. The masked figures have been great, and apart from the underlying body, are very much in the same league as HT - costuming, armor and accessories.

I'm excited about SS's future. I feel that HT has already peaked (but not their prices). ;)

I guess I better take my Luke out and put him next to some SS figures cause He doesn't seem small to me. Not to mention, isn't he supposed to be a boy still?

It's not to a point where it really bothers me. Not like Medicom next to SS.
Well he is around 21 in ESB isn't he, so I would say he isn't a boy. Just not a big guy :lol

That's kind of unfair as far as 1/6 figures in general go, maybe exclusively applied to human head sculpts, but that does look like it's about to change too. The masked figures have been great, and apart from the underlying body, are very much in the same league as HT - costuming, armor and accessories.

I'm excited about SS's future. I feel that HT has already peaked (but not their prices). ;)

Peaked? Maybe, but there's still improvements in sculpting and likeness accuracy that can be made in 1/6 in general I feel, so I guess I can't really say any company has every peaked. Hot Toys days as being the top of the 1/6 companies may be slowly coming down. Who knows? A lot of great companies making stuff out there. The Absolutely last thing I want is a monopoly. SSC does a great dob with creatures and Armors, and hopefully with the Hoth figures they step up their human Head Sculpts. Honestly, they were due anyway. SSC prices are slowly going up and are almost at HT level.

There's a great thread on the General forum about the nature of the market if anyone is interested.

I just put my weathervane together and have a few questions.

Are the lights on the end ofthe three screw in rods suppose to work? Mine don't, unless I'm doing something wrong. Also, the blue lights are EXTREMELY faint, like harely noticeable even with the room lights off. Is this a common issue?

I just put my weathervane together and have a few questions.

Are the lights on the end ofthe three screw in rods suppose to work? Mine don't, unless I'm doing something wrong. Also, the blue lights are EXTREMELY faint, like harely noticeable even with the room lights off. Is this a common issue?

The three lights on the rods do not light up. I also had some issues with both the blue light and the blinking red lights being faint. Unscrewing the battery compartment and futzing with the batteries a little fixed it for me, but for some reason if I leave the lights on for more than a minute or two, the red lights become very faint again.

Peaked? Maybe, but there's still improvements in sculpting and likeness accuracy that can be made in 1/6 in general

Thats all got to do with artistry. The specific artists, their talent and vision, plus some art direction. There's no denying that the artists working for Hot Toys are very talented, but the results from figure to figure vary by a wide margin, even from the same artist. That's true everywhere, including SS, where the latest great sculpts come from Trevor Grove, who has done some amazing and not-so-amazing work in the past.

HT are at the top of their game and I'm confident they'll maintain that peak level for a long time, but I don't think we're going to see anything remarkably different or ground-breaking from them in the next 3 years. SS on the other hand are coming from behind, so they have had to make up a lot of ground.

Thats all got to do with artistry. The specific artists, their talent and vision, plus some art direction. There's no denying that the artists working for Hot Toys are very talented, but the results from figure to figure vary by a wide margin, even from the same artist. That's true everywhere, including SS, where the latest great sculpts come from Trevor Grove, who has done some amazing and not-so-amazing work in the past.

HT are at the top of their game and I'm confident they'll maintain that peak level for a long time, but I don't think we're going to see anything remarkably different or ground-breaking from them in the next 3 years. SS on the other hand are coming from behind, so they have had to make up a lot of ground.

True. I guess my point was, in my humble opinion I don't feel HT has peaked just yet. They are just starting to do more 1/6 vehicle work, and Just getting the 1/4 line off the ground. That being said, I think the days of them blowing everyone else out of the water in terms of Head Sculpting and Paint Apps is done. I agree, SSC is got to make up a lot of ground, however, I've always been impressed with the license selection. They are the only people who can do 1/6 figures if i'm not mistaken, and the only reason Hot Toys can, is cause they are associated with SSC. So I feel that's worked well for them the last few years despite them lacking in more natural looking face sculpts compared to Enterbay and Hot Toys. I'll always support SSC no matter what. They've done some amazing stuff, and I love dealing with their customer service more than most places.
Hope that makes sense. First week of semester, and I'm on a ton of energy drinks :)

The three lights on the rods do not light up. I also had some issues with both the blue light and the blinking red lights being faint. Unscrewing the battery compartment and futzing with the batteries a little fixed it for me, but for some reason if I leave the lights on for more than a minute or two, the red lights become very faint again.

I'll try that. I can see that it's on but JUST barely. I've actually since taken out the batteries. It's funny, I don't want to keep batteries in there or really use the lights, but damnit I want them to work!

You can always hard-wire the antenna so that you can turn it on/off from a switch along with other lighting. ;)

My BD Luke is now permanently out of the package, woohoo! I've got him in a temporary pose on the ceiling mounted antenna right now. Tomorrow I'll need to take him down to fix the hair magnet and a small stud that fell off his holster - which I only noticed because I felt it hit my leg when it dropped off tonight as I was replacing his forearm.

Back