Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Jedi.. (I de-nerded his hair slightly)
1_zps343c032e.jpg

That's stunning man. :thud:

These latest pictures really show how far off Hot Toys sculpt is - and it's got nothing to do with PERS. The eyes are probably the most accurate part of this head sculpt, but the nose, lips, cheeks, brow line, eye brows, chin, texture… Not so much. Every part of the sculpt is off to some degree, but the essence of Skywalker still comes through.

Still a great set of figures and I'll be displaying both of my versions without any mods* or head swaps. *except a cold-cathode lit lightsaber, but I consider that an accessory rather than a figure mod. ;)

When I first got the figures I'd agree with you, well to an extent. After owning them for awhile I'd have to say I think they did a pretty good job. I will say this, the prototype still looks better IMHO

Looks like he's wearing Medicom gear, at any rate, looks sharp!

Indeed! How did you get the clothes to fit so nicely, Rory? Is that the SSC outfit, or the Medicom one? I've noticed Medi clothes tend to be more form-fitting on regular 1/6 scale bodies, often making them look more natural than looser-fitting outfits.

That's stunning man. :thud:

Cheers man! :duff

That looks sweet. Kind of like a Evil Luke Skywalker :)
All my figures end up looking kinda dark and evil. :lol

Looks like he's wearing Medicom gear, at any rate, looks sharp!
Mixture of Medi/SS and HT. Mostly Medi, I like the fit better on that body.

Looks good Rorywan.

Now cast it. :lol
:lol your so funny.... (actually I haven't a clue in hell how to cast stuff) Painting, sculpting etc is what I do.

Indeed! How did you get the clothes to fit so nicely, Rory? Is that the SSC outfit, or the Medicom one? I've noticed Medi clothes tend to be more form-fitting on regular 1/6 scale bodies, often making them look more natural than looser-fitting outfits.
Medi mostly. SS Light Sabre, Medi outfit (wet treat it before putting it on, re colored/treated cloak) painted the boots, modded and painted a HT belt. Made a gloved hand, sculpted jedi-nerd hair, and did a tiny amount of repainting on face.

Last edited:
Is it just me or are his shoulder joints messed up? I cannot get his arms up over is head for any sort of good looking over-head saber stance nor can I get a very good looking arm with blaster out straight at eye level pose going. The jacket doesn't help, it bunches up weird and pushes his arms back down but it seems to be the joints themselves, really odd.

I agree with the sculpt being quite far off but it still looks like Skywalker somehow and I like the PERS (since I can't get him to aim his blaster or hold his saber the way I want them he can at least look in the right direction for where they end up).

Is it just me or are his shoulder joints messed up? I cannot get his arms up over is head for any sort of good looking over-head saber stance nor can I get a very good looking arm with blaster out straight at eye level pose going. The jacket doesn't help, it bunches up weird and pushes his arms back down but it seems to be the joints themselves, really odd.

I agree with the sculpt being quite far off but it still looks like Skywalker somehow and I like the PERS (since I can't get him to aim his blaster or hold his saber the way I want them he can at least look in the right direction for where they end up).

Yeah something sounds messed up with your joints. I don't have any issues.

I dig this small set up. Where did you get the X-Wing helmet. Is that one of those Tomy things I hear people talk about form time to time?

Thanks buddy. It's temporary while I decide to go open air or another Besta for him and his Dad!

Yep thats the Tomy Helmet. I got it for like $25, maybe a bit too much but I like how it displays.

Thanks buddy. It's temporary while I decide to go open air or another Besta for him and his Dad!

Yep thats the Tomy Helmet. I got it for like $25, maybe a bit too much but I like how it displays.

I just looked in ebay and they had one for $75 bucks. :lol So I think you did OK.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

lol yea guess I did.
That one has been on for awhile too. Save the search and have it email you when one pops up.

Yeah something sounds messed up with your joints. I don't have any issues.

After I read your response I did some investigating and took the jacket off. The arm joints were swiveled around weird and I can now get the arms higher, however I am not too crazy about these shoulder joints in general. I then put the jacket on and while he can maintain these poses now, the jacket bunches up severely at the shoulders and does not look very cool. I squished the shoulders of the jacket down a bit and have an alright pose for now but still not thrilled with the way he poses.

After I read your response I did some investigating and took the jacket off. The arm joints were swiveled around weird and I can now get the arms higher, however I am not too crazy about these shoulder joints in general. I then put the jacket on and while he can maintain these poses now, the jacket bunches up severely at the shoulders and does not look very cool. I squished the shoulders of the jacket down a bit and have an alright pose for now but still not thrilled with the way he poses.

Hmmm, I don't think I tried to raise his arms above his head. From what I've heard Hot Toy's True type bodies are the best so it's surprising

Back