Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. I pre-ordered 11-17-11

And when I see people that have pre-ordered a month ago getting their shipping notice makes me raise my "Bull **** Flag". I mean, shouldnt these be processed and shipped out based on the order in which people placed these orders?

SS ships UPS within the US. And yes, some times UPS Takes awhile to send out the notice, but I usually get the email usually some time in the middle of the night (I see it in the morning when I get up) and this morning nothing.

Yeah that would be my logic too, fulfill the longest outstanding orders first.

My e-mail came through from fedex yesterday evening, then through the night I got 3 e-mails from SS to say my order had shipped, why I needed 3 e-mails I do not know.

Hmm, they've given me a $25 off voucher as a thanks? Now I'm debating whether to cancel my order for Batman from the UK seller I ordered from and re-order it through SS and apply my $25?

Trying to work out the variables of postage is just dumb and also impossible. I highly doubt a giant warehouse with thousands of products works off a "he bought it first" basis.

There will be numerous workers with numerous lists working to get these things out the door. They may even clump them together by area or by carrier to ease the job. They don't radio to each other asking if they shipped Johnny's before Johns because he paid two months ago. :cuckoo:

rw1-1.jpg

Nice thread derailment :hi5:
Talk about a great idea for a custom fig. Raquel was all kinds of sexy back in the day.

Trying to work out the variables of postage is just dumb and also impossible. I highly doubt a giant warehouse with thousands of products works off a "he bought it first" basis.

There will be numerous workers with numerous lists working to get these things out the door. They may even clump them together by area or by carrier to ease the job. They don't radio to each other asking if they shipped Johnny's before Johns because he paid two months ago. :cuckoo:

Well lets look at it this way. Why should they fullfill first orders first? I'll tell you why. Lets say They have XXX amount of orders. And they recieve XX amount of stock. If for some reason SS runs out of stock, and if those that pre-order first, like back in NOV, get a dear John letter because they didnt have enough stock and that they need to wait till a second shipment, SS has a huge problem on their hands.

Any company should honor orders based on time of order. This is not an entitlement issue, this is just common courtesy as a seller/company.

Im sure they have a database showing the order in which these were ordered, and should just be packing and shipping going down that list.

Well lets look at it this way. Why should they fullfill first orders first? I'll tell you why. Lets say They have XXX amount of orders. And they recieve XX amount of stock. If for some reason SS runs out of stock, and if those that pre-order first, like back in NOV, get a dear John letter because they didnt have enough stock and that they need to wait till a second shipment, SS has a huge problem on their hands.

Any company should honor orders based on time of order. This is not an entitlement issue, this is just common courtesy as a seller/company.

Im sure they have a database showing the order in which these were ordered, and should just be packing and shipping going down that list.

:goodpost:

THIS!

SS will just release backorders from their system in date order, from oldest to newest, these will then transfer through to the warehouse system for picking/packing.

It makes no sense that people who only ordered like last week have had their orders shipped already.

I worked in warehousing for years and that's how it works. Not collectibles mind you but I don't see how that would make a difference. Oldest orders get shipped first then you work your way up to the present date. Its more than courtesy its fairness. And its keeping customers happy, especially your long time customers.

I don't have much a say either way because I didn't order from SS but it is odd that newer orders are getting filled first.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Yep, Flexpay'ed mine back in Nov of '11 and still no email. Their site says "shipping soon". I certainly hope that people that just ordered do not receive theirs before the rest of us who preordered back in 2011. If that's the case, I'd say that's sh&tty business practice on SS part.

THIS!

SS will just release backorders from their system in date order, from oldest to newest, these will then transfer through to the warehouse system for picking/packing.

It makes no sense that people who only ordered like last week have had their orders shipped already.

Very true. Wheres the incentive to pre-order? These hardly ever pre-sell out anymore. I cant even remember the last time one did.

I worked in warehousing for years and that's how it works. Not collectibles mind you but I don't see how that would make a difference. Oldest orders get shipped first then you work your way up to the present date. Its more than courtesy its fairness. And its keeping customers happy, especially your long time customers.

I don't have much a say either way because I didn't order from SS but it is odd that newer orders are getting filled first.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Seriously, what is SS's excuse for this? NONE. ZIP.

Back