Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know what, I wouldn't be surprised if things just stayed quiet now and then all of a sudden the release dates been pushed back again!

Yeah, I doubt at this late stage they can reverse anything. They will take a major bath, though, if the figures are as bad as in those pics. Personally, I'd welcome another delay if it meant we were getting the same quality as the proto. If this figure sucks, we probably will not see another Bespin Luke (my favourite iteration) for a decade, if ever.

It didn't include shipping in my notice, but I would guess around $20, which would make the grand total around $320.

Yeah, I'm in Maryland so i could see it being around $320. I like the EX but I don't need it. Especially since I can get it from AEC for $286 or whatever it is.

Do you know what, I wouldn't be surprised if things just stayed quiet now and then all of a sudden the release dates been pushed back again!

No way.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

If you look at each feature of the face, the you can tell the sculpt has not changed. The softer features are likely due to the camera being used and not the sculpt itself. The paint is obviously different, but that is not as disappointing as the downgraded fabric. Making a new costume will be more difficult than a custom touch up or repaint.

Hm, maybe it is the same sculpt, just with crappy paint, like some of you are saying. And yeah, at $300.00, there will be very few of us willing to get it custom painted and outfitted, I'm guessing.

It's the exact same sculpt:

lukenoooo.jpg

I think he's just overlaid the proto on the dodger.

"Yeah, I'm in Maryland so i could see it being around $320. I like the EX but I don't need it. Especially since I can get it from AEC for $286 or whatever it is"

It'll be about $345 for me. Cancellation on Flex pay is $90.

If it's bad I'll just have to follow through then part it out. I think I could probably make $150 on the extra figure and $50 on the EX head. $145 for a Bespin Luke aint the end of the world.

It's the exact same sculpt:

lukenoooo.jpg
Dang, that settles that. Thanks, Mr.Tanker.

Really see what Rorywan is talking about with softness on this one. Loss of definition and crummy PERS (along with dodgy paint/pics) is just kicking the crap out of this figure.

It'll be about $345 for me. Cancellation on Flex pay is $90.
Already looked into this. If the figure had an NRD, that's all you pay, even if you flexed it. I'm fine losing the $30.00, if it comes to that. Duty, taxes and shipping will cost me $100.00 easy and that's a premium I'll only pay if the figure meets expectations.

Last edited:
Already looked into this. If the figure had an NRD, that's all you pay, even if you flexed it. I'm fine losing the $30.00, if it comes to that. Duty, taxes and shipping will cost me $100.00 easy and that's a premium I'll only pay if the figure meets expectations.

I will have to check but I was certain I read the small print and it was NRD + $30 for each charged flex payment, which would be 2 for me.

= $90.

If not then I'm fine to eat the $30.

EDIT: You are correct I didn't read the paragraph below stating the NRD takes the place of the Flex charges. Good news.

Haha, yeah, maybe not. Just the outfit looks so cheap compared to the proto. Seems like they must've been pinching pennies somewhere.

EDIT: You are correct I didn't read the paragraph below stating the NRD takes the place of the Flex charges. Good news.
Yep, takes out a lot of the stress with potentially cancelling. This has taught me a lesson, though. Don't think I'll be using Flex after my current pre-orders are paid due to these fees. Better just to have it on a one-time charge but be able to cancel it without a fee if the production piece sucks.

Back