Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I´ll definitely try to get the EX version, but if Hot Toys decides to launch an Elizabeth Shaw (from Prometheus) earlier than October, it really would be a hard decision... at least for me...

...So is anyone planning on using this Luke as a base for a Jedi Luke? I love the Bespin look, but my favorite version is Jedi Luke.

Hamill's face changed too recognizably between ESB and ROTJ for me to look at this sculpt and think anything but "ESB", regardless of what outfit he's in. Plus, ESB Luke is by far my favourite. Don't know that I'll even pick-up a ROTJ version when one comes out.

Hamill's face changed too recognizably between ESB and ROTJ for me to look at this sculpt and think anything but "ESB", regardless of what outfit he's in. Plus, ESB Luke is by far my favourite. Don't know that I'll even pick-up a ROTJ version when one comes out.

I guess I'm funny in a way, because I don't want his face to look like it did in ROTJ. I like the more attractive, youthful, yet more experienced look he has in ESB over any of his other looks. It's like my go to Luke look, it can work with any outfit in my mind. Hopefully I can track down an outfit that fits the body and looks good.

That said, I really do like the Bespin outfit, it's just we're getting two of it so I thought I might get a bit creative with my display. :huh

I agree. That man did not age well.

He was in a major car accident between ANH and ESB and had a lot of reconstructive surgery on his face because of it. I believe all the Hoth stuff and was written in to explain his altered look between the movies and because of it he did not age normally(looks wise) .... just saying ....

Last edited:
Yeah, which is why the $15 off coupon from May would have been great, but I just zonked out and forget. Does Sideshow usually do a July 4th coupon?

Don't forget if you use any other promtion (like $15 off) you also loose the Reward Points... and in this case they equal $15 :lol So really if you want the exclusive you will be getting $15 off or back and still have to pay for shipping.

The exclusive piece is worth the cost of shipping, for me anyway. Still I'm not going to rush to get him unless he's nearly sold out, just going to wait and see if a coupon comes out.

I feel the same way, the Vader/Luke head is a key piece for me and one I will not miss out on.

Don't forget if you use any other promtion (like $15 off) you also loose the Reward Points... and in this case they equal $15 :lol So really if you want the exclusive you will be getting $15 off or back and still have to pay for shipping.

I feel the same way, the Vader/Luke head is a key piece for me and one I will not miss out on.

So, if you use a coupon you lose all the points? Not just the portion of the coupon? That sucks. I was looking at my points balance last night and realized that my last Waxxer and Boil box set wasn't on my pending list and was going to call SS about it today, guess that answers that. :banghead:banghead:banghead

Yep, basically Sideshow will only allow one promotion/discount at a time. So you can only get free shipping, use a gift code/card or get reward points.

That's why I never buy anything with RP unless I can cover the entire cost... that way I don't loose any additional RP in the process.

So, if you use a coupon you lose all the points? Not just the portion of the coupon? That sucks. I was looking at my points balance last night and realized that my last Waxxer and Boil box set wasn't on my pending list and was going to call SS about it today, guess that answers that. :banghead:banghead:banghead

It does blow. You should be able to use coupons on tax and shipping since you don't get points for those.

^^^ You are absolutely correct and I am in full understanding that this is the exact reason you cannot use the points towards shipping, however; I would make more purchases through SS if this were the case. After paying CA taxes and shipping it is better for me to use other sellers where I don't have to pay taxes and shipping is usually cheaper.

Yeah, if I lived in CA I'd almost never buy direct from Sideshow unless it was a 100% must have exclusive.

Yep, basically Sideshow will only allow one promotion/discount at a time. So you can only get free shipping, use a gift code/card or get reward points.

That's why I never buy anything with RP unless I can cover the entire cost... that way I don't loose any additional RP in the process.

Ok, I'm done calling Sideshow, I'm gonna PM you next time I have a problem. You've got a much better grasp on their policies than I'll ever have. :1-1:

Yup. I haven't grabbed him yet, had to run to baseball game I forgot about, but I'm looking at him now. If I do this, lol, it will mean committing to 12" SW figures. It's always tough to commit to a toy line at first.

Yup. I haven't grabbed him yet, had to run to baseball game I forgot about, but I'm looking at him now. If I do this, lol, it will mean committing to 12" SW figures. It's always tough to commit to a toy line at first.

Im committed to 12" SW, but only to a degree.

A. I will only get figures from the Original Trilogy.

B. It will only be the core characters.

C. No Droids outside of C-3PO and R2-D2

D. Aliens will only be character designs I liked as a child. Example: Gammorrean Guard, Hammerhead, Jabba the Hutt, etc.

E. No Bounty Hunters outside of Boba Fett

I think that about covers it :lol

With SW you really do need to set limits or you will be screwed.

Back