Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've noticed that the EX does not have Free Shipping while the standard does as was the case with Superman...so is that going to be the trend from now on? The cost of an exclusive is "hidden" in a shipping cost?

It certainly seems that way.

Angolz - normally the cheapest seller - has this on their site for $323 !? Why would they have it for above retail ? :D

I haven't preordered this yet. Is it anywhere that has no NRD?

If not, I'll wait until it ships and nab it off eBay. There will be plenty of these around for a long time.

I haven't preordered this yet. Is it anywhere that has no NRD?

If not, I'll wait until it ships and nab it off eBay. There will be plenty of these around for a long time.

Yes BBTS (bigbadtoystore) has it cheaper and no NRD.:clap

So I've noticed that the EX does not have Free Shipping while the standard does as was the case with Superman...so is that going to be the trend from now on? The cost of an exclusive is "hidden" in a shipping cost?

Because if Sideshow offered free shipping on exclusive versions everyone would buy their HT figs from Sideshow and retailers would be pissed. I already know that retailers are pissed that Sideshow is offering free shipping on HT stuff as it is.

The fact of the matter is, people are having trouble affording HT figs, so they're going to secondary retailers to buy their stuff, and it's squeezing the hell out of Sideshow's profits, so because of their distribution deal with HT they're not allowed to discount the product, so they offer free shipping instead. That's all there is to it.

Well...so sad I have to pass on this one (or these figures) way too expensive for me this time... congrats to all of you guys who can afford it!!...

Because if Sideshow offered free shipping on exclusive versions everyone would buy their HT figs from Sideshow and retailers would be pissed. I already know that retailers are pissed that Sideshow is offering free shipping on HT stuff as it is.

The fact of the matter is, people are having trouble affording HT figs, so they're going to secondary retailers to buy their stuff, and it's squeezing the hell out of Sideshow's profits, so because of their distribution deal with HT they're not allowed to discount the product, so they offer free shipping instead. That's all there is to it.

This makes no sense. Sideshow doesn't discount any distributed product, it's always MSRP and at times usually higher. The exclusive items are limited (even if they aren't posted) so even if it's at 1000, that is 1000 worldwide compared to the glutton of people who already would go elsewhere anyway. Not to mention going by that logic since they offer Free Shipping on all Non-Exclusives then people wouldn't be going to ADs at all, even in reality even on items with Non-Exs people seem to be running to whomever they want to buy it.

Hot Toys Star Wars - Luke Skywalker Bespin Version (HT Hong Kong Window Display)

Working1901.jpg

Maybe, but vader Luke looks more like Hamill than the regular Luke hs to me, and I don't think It's just the pers throwing it off. I dunno, I could be wrong :dunno

Definitely the same sculpt. For one thing, HT wouldn't sculpt a completely different head just to stick it in a Vader helmet as an EX.

And, yes, PERS changes the look of a sculpt but also you're seeing just a partial face there, not the head as a whole.

Yeah man, the HT headsculpt is pretty bad :cuckoo:

LukeComparison.gif

Back in my day, we got heads sculpted out of Play-Doh, and WE LIKED IT!!!

Back