Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like others, I wish they would do a 2.0 version of this Bespin Luke. Personally, it's my favorite representation of the character. Growing in power, on the fence between the dark and the light, with great learning and development over the course of the film, plus an excellent and emotional twist reveal at the end.

A lot of people forget, or weren't old enough to have seen it at the time, but it was truly a surprise twist when Vader told Luke that he was his father. On top of that, there was no confirmation of any kind, and that scene when Luke is on the Falcon, and Vader says, "Luke", and he responds "Father" wasn't shown in the theatres.

We had a couple years to think about it, doubt it, debate it, etc., before ROTJ came out. It was a really powerful ending to the film...

Oh really? When was that added? I never knew (and I was one of those tiny kids renting ESB on VHS until the magnetic band wore out).
If feels very integral to the movie. The immediate confirmation that Luke had actually searched his feelings and found the relationship to "feel" true.

It's the same with TLJ right now.

I love my ANH Chewie... guess I was one of the lucky ones, so all I needed was to futz/comb the fur....
View attachment 447309

Lucky one because other people had... what problem? Bad/falling hair? Dead eyes? Dead mouth?

Not the same. Not in a million years.
m.

attachment.php

Luke still hanging in there.....

Oh really? When was that added? I never knew (and I was one of those tiny kids renting ESB on VHS until the magnetic band wore out).
If feels very integral to the movie. The immediate confirmation that Luke had actually searched his feelings and found the relationship to "feel" true.
Lucky one because other people had... what problem? Bad/falling hair? Dead eyes? Dead mouth?

m.

If I remember right, the first time I saw that scene was on VHS, but after Return of the Jedi had come out. NOT having the scene in ESB makes the film more interesting, and also makes more sense when Luke is having the conversation with Yoda and has to ask him flat out.

I was one of the lucky ones with ANH Chewie, because my fur wasn't overly dark, so all I had to do was futz it. I haven't heard of any other QC issues. Just some people got ones where the fur, particularly on the face, was very dark and didn't look right.

I'm parting out DX07 Luke BD, anybody interest?

0a5fb9d2ebf959e93bd4f9545964d253.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's still a part of me interested in picking up the belt and weapons. At least for trying it with the SSC Snowspeeder figure. Or eventually piecing together a non-BD version. Message me with how much you're looking for. Cheers.

If I remember right, the first time I saw that scene was on VHS, but after Return of the Jedi had come out. NOT having the scene in ESB makes the film more interesting, and also makes more sense when Luke is having the conversation with Yoda and has to ask him flat out.

I was one of the lucky ones with ANH Chewie, because my fur wasn't overly dark, so all I had to do was futz it. I haven't heard of any other QC issues. Just some people got ones where the fur, particularly on the face, was very dark and didn't look right.

Well..... He asked Yoda for confirmation. He was not certain, even if he felt it was true.
I do feel that the scene adds a lot of intensity to the moment, as the Falcon tries to escape Vader's grasp. Granted, it does not leave much room for speculation...
m.

What's up with those white areas on the boots?
m.

Yeah, I asked and he said it happened gradually. This is the key issue with HT pleather - Hasbro pleather seems to go even fifteen years before it starts getting sticky or crumbly. This release is a bit more than six years old, and some HT pleather has gone off in just a few years, but still depressing to see the pleather go. I've seen the Luke holster/belt "go off" too. It's possible this figure was kept in a pretty humid/hot climate so maybe that accelerated the process on the boots and belt.

Obviously it happens, but to be fair I’ve never seen that on DX07 before — just the belt coming part as the glue fails.

Makes you stop and think, though.

Obviously it happens, but to be fair I’ve never seen that on DX07 before — just the belt coming part as the glue fails.

Makes you stop and think, though.

Yeah, neither have I but it kinda freaks you out what is possible under the rght conditions. Also, one of my HT Besp Lukes is set up in an action pose with the boots quite significantly bent/angled. I may want to change that.

Same thing happened to parts of the boots on my dx.. i'm more careful when moving his boots as the pleather feels like it has gone brittle due to the humid weather here.

Back