Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was pricing '63 Corvettes the other day and was apalled by the markup as well...

I used to know a guy in Atlanta who owned/owns one, it was red when he bought it, he had it painted blue. That was about six years ago though. Lost touch with him after I moved away from Atlanta. I was only there for seven months. Bet he still has it. Said it was his dream car, don't remember his reason why though.

I used to know a guy in Atlanta who owned/owns one, it was red when he bought it, he had it painted blue. That was about six years ago though. Lost touch with him after I moved away from Atlanta. I was only there for seven months. Bet he still has it. Said it was his dream car, don't remember his reason why though.

If it was the split window version they are pretty rare and thus pricey which is what I was getting at with this Luke granted to a much lesser extent. It's been sold out several years and is still pretty desirable thus the eBay prices. It's value would drop if they ever make another Bespin Luke figure, and they might. But I think this will always hold pretty high value. It's a DX Luke, a very cool set, and the first Star Wars fig ever made by Hot Toys.

On a side note it's pretty cool you knew a guy with that particular car, but I'm cringing at the thought of repainting it a different color!

I still think it's pretty insane to be honest, I just don't see how anyone could pay a thousand dollars for this.

13skhbQ.jpg

HEMXwvb.jpg

KaANx52.jpg

I had this idea forever ago and finally did it a few weeks ago. Saved 2 shelves in the detolf! The only thing that stinks is you have to take 1 of the rods out unless you had it stick out like a foot from whatever you're hanging it from.

I still think it's pretty insane to be honest, I just don't see how anyone could pay a thousand dollars for this.

Fortunately when I got mine while it was already sold out and I had to pay a secondary market mark up it was not anything too crazy...as far as the current prices go...it may be crazy that someone would pay these amounts for an action figure in general but if one is willing to this is definitely the set to spend it on. Two figures...the weather vane...the Vader / Luke head...I would say that this is arguably Hot Toys' greatest accomplishment.

Agreed. Sculpt likeness debate aside (I personally think it’s a pretty good likeness), I think it’s arguably HT’s greatest release, considering all that it includes.

The figures I also think still hold up very well next to recent figures. They don’t look antiquated.

I think it’s arguably HT’s greatest release...

Wow... that's a big statement. I don't have one in mind that's better. Just surprised to think of this as HT's best offering.

HT 'best' makes me think DX Jack Sparrow... Nicholson Joker... uh... I know there's more... I'm trying to think of ones that don't need any upgrades and are just about perfect out of the box. Bespin Luke needs a shorter body, doesn't he?

Ah, let me rephrase that.

I don’t think it’s their greatest figure, just arguably their greatest release in terms of a total set, all things considered. As a figure alone, there’s certainly a myriad of figures ahead of it that are better. However, figure aspect alone, it’s still pretty decent and I think does still hold its own with recent releases. With everything the set included though and at the price it was originally retailed at, that’s unprecedented now these days, even for DX standards.

As an overall set, I think it’s arguably one of their best ones, all things factored in.

There are ways to get this figure decently "cheap" (compared to the set prices) if you can settle for just having one version.

I really wanted the Battle Damaged Luke while the clean version didn't do much for me, so a year or so ago I bought the set for $500 and sold off anything I didn't really want to display. I sold the clean Luke, the weathervane, and the box all separately and recouped most of my cost. Ended up costing me around $50-70 for BD Luke total after I made the money back on the stuff I sold. You may not be able to get as sweet of a deal, but I'm sure you could still do the same thing. There seems to be demand for all parts of this set still.

I don’t think it’s their greatest figure, just arguably their greatest release in terms of a total set, all things considered. As a figure alone, there’s certainly a myriad of figures ahead of it that are better. However, figure aspect alone, it’s still pretty decent and I think does still hold its own with recent releases. With everything the set included though and at the price it was originally retailed at, that’s unprecedented now these days, even for DX standards.

As an overall set, I think it’s arguably one of their best ones, all things factored in.

I agree. Its was the pinnacle of what you get in a single release. The sculpt is good, not the best, but when compared with everything else they threw in there is a great release....

Only other 3 that compare to me are

Joker
JS
And Robocop.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

This! After reflecting I think it is definitely their best release of all time. It may not be the best individual head sculpt or tailoring or likeness or any of that (even though I think all of these areas are excellent on this set) but as one order and one box that shows up at the door and gets opened up and what you get inside...Hot Toys has never done better in my opinion.

Back