Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well some angles it looks great. However this isn't the original hot toys hair, it's an eBay knock off recast hair. I wanted to try it on that first before permanently altering the real one.

I actually discovered the knock off hair is SMALLER than the real one so I think that's why it looks weird. I'm going to mod the real one tomorrow and it should look noticeably better

New poses (phone pics)

bad676fd06719d277ad7a4cd323c925e.jpg
e26135cc1dd271585d990e38f486ee93.jpg

Anyone tried putting the BD head on X-Wing Luke? Wonder how it'd look..

I’ve wanted to do that but the BD head has a neck attached and X-Wing Luke does not. I think you’d have to do a full body swap to get it to work.

Well some angles it looks great. However this isn't the original hot toys hair, it's an eBay knock off recast hair. I wanted to try it on that first before permanently altering the real one.

I actually discovered the knock off hair is SMALLER than the real one so I think that's why it looks weird. I'm going to mod the real one tomorrow and it should look noticeably better

Can’t wait to see how it looks.

Comparing my two Lukes, the ROTJ head is clearly a bit larger than the Bespin one, so I can see how that might make the hair look small on his head.

The thing to do might be to wait for the inevitable undersized KO heads to show up on ebay, which should work a lot better with the Bespin hair.

Overall, I don’t think this is a figure that is in dire need of 2.0 treatment quality wise. The set comes with a myriad of accessories and display options, the sculpt is already pretty solid and I can’t envision HT getting it leaps and bounds better based on their track record with Luke sculpts, the outfit and its tailoring are good, and the material of the boots I think is better than the recent Hoth Leia release. The belt is indeed a little flimsy though, so they could upgrade that.

A 2.0 I think would essentially just serve as a second chance for those who are priced out for this set on the secondary, and would probably include an LED saber arm (though you can already do that with the BD figure of this set), no PERS, and perhaps more Dagobah themed accessories.

I did that with my clean version. I just snipped the threads holding the cuff together and placed tiny magnets to open and close it easily.

Back