Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, just a question. I saw in some pic in this thread the antenna of bespin that is include in the set glued to the top panel of the Detolf, as if the antenna was hanging... anybody knows how can I place the antenna without damaging it? Thanks you!

I'm not sure where you live, but I bought mine off of Mandarake in Japan. They have several used ones, the site is confusing because if you search for something it will look out of stock and then you click the item and scroll down and then some of their different shops will have it in stock for varying prices. And then also they'll have different listings with different stock for used items. The site is confusing but they have great deals on items; they'll lower the price for 'box damage' and you'll have to look over the item to figure out what they're talking about. lol I feel bad for the Japanese who sell their stuff to them!

I truly feel like I got a steal. The box was fine, some of the inner cardboard stuff was bent. That's the only flaws I see on it, figures were used but them and accessories are in perfect condition. I paid $350 shipped to the US; and about $75 of that was shipping, the box they sent it in was 2.5x the size of the set.

Mandarake is a great spot, I got a Classic Predator there when I went to Japan. It was 100 less than retail. Mainly due to conversion rates at the time.

I did have to spend 10 grande to goto Japan first however...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took lower legs from a HT slim body, they just pop out above the knees, and popped out the lower legs of the DX. Swap them out and Luke is shorter. The pegs are different so I did have to modify the boots a bit but they can be easily swapped back if reselling is in your future. I took a small drill bit by hand and scraped just a bit off the top of where the plastic inside the boot connects with the peg allowing the standard ankle pegs to fit right inside the boot.

Last edited:
Hi guys, just a question. I saw in some pic in this thread the antenna of bespin that is include in the set glued to the top panel of the Detolf, as if the antenna was hanging... anybody knows how can I place the antenna without damaging it? Thanks you!

Also it comes with a base that you can just stand the antenna in if you don't want to screw anything in. Obviously you wanna make sure it won't fall, but I didn't realize how it worked exactly until I got mine. The top of the antenna rotates also so you can mount it to a sidewall.

I took lower legs from a HT slim body, they just pop out above the knees, and popped out the lower legs of the DX. Swap them out and Luke is shorter. The pegs are different so I did have to modify the boots a bit but they can be easily swapped back if reselling is in your future. I took a small drill bit by hand and scraped just a bit off the top of where the plastic inside the boot connects with the peg allowing the standard ankle pegs to fit right inside the boot.

Hmmm might have to do that. Have any pics of your Luke?

I really think this guy would look better on a shorter body, but too scared to try it lol

Be careful doing anything with this figure. The little plastic clips break very easily - one of mine broke even just undoing and redoing it once.

Hmmm might have to do that. Have any pics of your Luke?

Yes.
d6a7a0d02ef564fec8338d56c17833b3.jpg

Pic of the original untouched battle damaged Luke next to my modded Luke.
a3458cf112acd0c43f846a6f529606df.jpg

81181ee16a752a7a1c755b8d211d8c75.jpg

4e185dc1ca0d81ed3197def260b24b84.jpg

fb236410fe5ddfd8b0e41003419e1616.jpg

b5bb0e1c3c038b144e75fecf0a36e68c.jpg

2e74dbae2014fb38e63f50af0ab1b88f.jpg

b1e5afa100277081ffd5ccfc2bd91877.jpg

9ca8eb8fdfc126991f2169dd41fa6c9a.jpg

4a12f893bebae84f24a70a7c5de4be0b.jpg

fae9f7988f78ab44271d0e0a0d2414d2.jpg

f22f1d091b7c1b0a2278809838f857e6.jpg

ef8f4df0df7a15ac463afa7de9badb0c.jpg

92d48cb7becaf08a5be58762ed8b594b.jpg

Thanks TB! I still need a Snowspeeder Luke. I was waiting like everyone else, that didn’t get one, to order once it started shipping with some rewards points that hadn’t converted yet but I was too late.

I don’t have any desire to add the sequel trilogy Lukes to the mix. I’m just not feeling those movies, designs, or figures that much.

Thanks TB! I still need a Snowspeeder Luke. I was waiting like everyone else, that didn’t get one, to order once it started shipping with some rewards points that hadn’t converted yet but I was too late.

Someone was just mentioning popcultcha has had one pop up for about $320 shipped to the U.S. That's not much beyond what it was if you had POed it (and way below what its been going for on eBay,) but... that original price was crazy, so not much consolation.

I don’t have any desire to add the sequel trilogy Lukes to the mix. I’m just not feeling those movies, designs, or figures that much.

You are a little limited with TFA or TLJ Luke looks...:lol

homeless-man-makeover.jpg

Someone was just mentioning popcultcha has had one pop up for about $320 shipped to the U.S. That's not much beyond what it was if you had POed it (and way below what its been going for on eBay,) but... that original price was crazy, so not much consolation.

The price was holding me back in the first place so you are right, no consolation.

You are a little limited with TFA or TLJ Luke looks...:lol

homeless-man-makeover.jpg

BWAAHAAHAAHAA! Nice one.

About a month ago I acquired this from the second hand market. The seller didn’t bother to dust any of the contents before FORCING the damn figures back into the foam. The horizontal straps for the boots on both figures were pealed back in the process and the lightsaber holder on both figures belts have fallen off. Fortunately one of the tiny metal tabs was loose in the box and I was able to find it. The back pouch on the clean version was broken at the top, and the gun holster on the battle damaged version was detached from the leg strap.

Frustration aside, I was able to repair the boots with a little Elmer’s glue stick, applied very lightly. The rest is a crap shoot. That being said I really dig this figure. My favorite even though it’s sooooo delicate.

Oh, AND the hair piece on both figures has come unglued from the magnets holding it down. Lol.

About a month ago I acquired this from the second hand market. The seller didn’t bother to dust any of the contents before FORCING the damn figures back into the foam. The horizontal straps for the boots on both figures were pealed back in the process and the lightsaber holder on both figures belts have fallen off. Fortunately one of the tiny metal tabs was loose in the box and I was able to find it. The back pouch on the clean version was broken at the top, and the gun holster on the battle damaged version was detached from the leg strap.

Frustration aside, I was able to repair the boots with a little Elmer’s glue stick, applied very lightly. The rest is a crap shoot. That being said I really dig this figure. My favorite even though it’s sooooo delicate.

Oh, AND the hair piece on both figures has come unglued from the magnets holding it down. Lol.

Standard! lol.

It is a great figure though, all that aside.

Back