Hot Toys DX Anakin Skywalker (EP3)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just very peculiar. He speaks with such enthusiasm about Star Wars and yet the HT line so far amounts to.....one figure.

Well he did use the word "accelerate" which gives the impression that there will be some movement soon. Fingers crossed for an Anakin reveal soon, then onto the one everyone wants, HT Han.

Why can't they just make multiple SW figures simultaneously? At least one OT and one PT to please everyone.

The wait has been just silly. They've made one announcement in the last year that has interested me. One. They used to be a cool company but now it's all flavor of the month lameness. I want more 1966 Batman kinda stuff and less Barney Ross 2.0. You know?

It really has been a huge letdown. It's funny how they get this major license and only do one thing with it.

Right now the only figures I have on pre-order are RoboCop and Batman and Robin.

Come to think of it... RoboCop and Batman and Robin would be a hell of a movie.

I hope they announce it soon. Mad to see the sculpt, looking forward to the pic, you just know they'll do one of him with the hood up entering the Jedi temple to kill kids.

If it is a double figure offering like Bespin Luke was, it would be awesome to have both the AOTC and ROTS versions in the same set. Two distinct head portraits and all of the relevant accessories for both versions.
Sounds like too much to hope for maybe, but considering it will be the one time this character is produced in this line, it would be a helluva thing...and welcomed by this collector...

honestly i'm just excited to hear they haven't forgotten about the sw license. hopefully we see some movement from them soon on this front as he states...but just the idea of something maybe coming soon is exciting enough for me. regarding the new sw trilogy, I think what he meant by that was its still up for grabs and its not ssc to have yet, so I took it as they're trying to get the license for the new trilogy. if that's the case that would be epic.

With such an expansive franchise, together with HT's production times these days.......good luck to y'all getting the figures you want. Glad I'm not invested in high-end Star Wars.

I think what he meant by that was its still up for grabs and its not ssc to have yet, so I took it as they're trying to get the license for the new trilogy.

It was funnier when I read it from the Hot Toys guy. If he's not making it all up, he's stretching the truth at the very least. Of course it's possible that Disney/LFL hand out multiple licenses, but it's not "up for grabs" because Hasbro and Sideshow don't already have a lock on their own - they most certainly do.

Honestly, this thread might as well be about the color of Santa Claus' new socks. ;)

With such an expansive franchise, together with HT's production times these days.......good luck to y'all getting the figures you want.

Sideshow has enough Star Wars on tap to satisfy most collectors I think. The way HT's sculpts have been turning out lately, I wouldn't be in a hurry for a new SW character from them anyway. I also have zero interest in anything PT, a sentiment shared by other collectors and something Hot Toys had better be aware of, especially if they think something new is gong to outsell their DX07 effort.

Howard Chan seems to be on his way to become another McFarlane in terms of ego.
The line about not acquiring the Star Trek license because he doesn't like it was a bit rough...
Oh well, more money for customizers and less expenditure for me.

As for Anakin, I'm not holding my breath.

At any rate, if they ever make him, I think it's a safe bet to say it'll be ROTS "clean" Anakin and Mustafar duel "dirty" Vader.

I actually can't wait to see this that would just make my collection complete, and with SSC having their 501st Clone it will look so good together

Well he did use the word "accelerate" which gives the impression that there will be some movement soon. Fingers crossed for an Anakin reveal soon, then onto the one everyone wants, HT Han.
Accelerating from a grinding halt still doesn't imply anything is happening fast...

Why can't they just make multiple SW figures simultaneously? At least one OT and one PT to please everyone.

Cuz licensing is such a pain in the *** :dunno
They can't do horse **** w/o Sideshow's permision.

I wonder what the deal is with the new trilogy. In the expanded Howard Chan interview, he seems to imply that HT will be doing the new trilogy:

1377029_10151743058303108_1167328081_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back