Hot Toys DX Anakin Skywalker (EP3)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A valid point. Only the super-elite will be buying HT figures by the time they come out with their new trilogy stuff.

They have a choice to make. At some point they will price out 95% of those who bought their products and made them what they are today. So what would the edition sizes on these be a year or two from now at $300-400 a pop? I bet that rise in unit price wouldn't cover the loss in units sold.

The impression I got from that interview is that maybe that they're getting the License that Medicom holds and thereby aren't limited to the License they have through SS so they can thereafter produce whatever they wanted.

Which also makes me think that it could be that SS limits what and who they can produce.

They have a choice to make. At some point they will price out 95% of those who bought their products and made them what they are today. So what would the edition sizes on these be a year or two from now at $300-400 a pop? I bet that rise in unit price wouldn't cover the loss in units sold.

Been saying that for a while now. they're going to price themselves out of the market.

The impression I got from that interview is that maybe that they're getting the License that Medicom holds and thereby aren't limited to the License they have through SS so they can thereafter produce whatever they wanted.

Which also makes me think that it could be that SS limits what and who they can produce.

This WAS CONFRMED by Howard chan AGES ago.

Hot toys is only allowed to make figuers that sideshow has already made, OR ones that are not currently in development that have not yet been made,
OR ones they have no intent of doing ( Jar Jar, some vehicles)

Been saying that for a while now. they're going to price themselves out of the market.

This WAS CONFRMED by Howard chan AGES ago.

Hot toys is only allowed to make figuers that sideshow has already made, OR ones that are not currently in development that have not yet been made,
OR ones they have no intent of doing ( Jar Jar, some vehicles)

Must've missed that edition of the Wall Street Journal.

Dang, I hope so. I'm so tired of having to interact with you plebeians.

Wel, sarcasm aside... you do realize that at least 70% of HT buyers are moneybags Asians and Asian retailers?
Cuz those are incredibly simple minded when it comes to this :lol

They'll have to have gold and red editions of any Star Wars figures if they want to sell well in Hong Kong and China. ;)

I am a fan first of the original trilogy (ep 4,5,6), then the first episodes (1,2,3). I am not sure what the plans are for the new trilogy but I don't think I will be collecting those. There are so many star wars characters in the first 6 movies already.

To me from the interview it sounds like they don't like having to share the money with SS, and are waiting for a new contract ,which will be the disney sw flicks.

I am a fan first of the original trilogy (ep 4,5,6), then the first episodes (1,2,3). I am not sure what the plans are for the new trilogy but I don't think I will be collecting those. There are so many star wars characters in the first 6 movies already.

hey startrekfan, don't you know, howard does not acknowledge your existence :wink1:

Weren't people saying they'd price themselves out of the market when these hit $300?

I agree though, when will too much be too much for a figure?

Weren't people saying they'd price themselves out of the market when these hit $300?

I agree though, when will too much be too much for a figure?

All I know is this for the price of this fig; it better have a cord to pull from the back to hear some great quotes from the movie...............:wink1:

The ONLY reason I'm not priced out of this hobby is SSC's flexpay option...and even with that, I'm barely hangin on lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back