Hot Toys DX Anakin Skywalker (EP3)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also find the OT and PT to be equally good.

Don't you mean equally bad?
smaug.001.gif

Growing up with something makes it better than it actually is. :lol

GI Joe is a good example of that.

It is. Re-watching the toon is cringe-worthy.
Do you cringe when watching ANH or ESB? I'm guessing not, since they're still good movies, even if you also liked them as a kid. There's plenty of stuff I liked as a kid that I would never watch now or want a memento of. Sure nostalgia plays a part but it's not enough alone to make a bad movie good later in life. And comparing the prequels to the OT *shakes head*. There's not a single movie critic worth their salt that will agree that POS movies like TPM or AOTC can hold a candle to SW and ESB (and even with clunky dialog, there is undeniable chemistry between the main cast that there simply isn't in the prequels... that alone makes them more fun to watch). ROTJ has some prequel elements but it's at least 50% good. Damn you, Evilface! :mad:

I wish that could be the case but unfortunately they will allways be connected in that they turned a badass evil character into Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christensen.

sideshowfreaks.jpg

Is it certain that it will be Revenge of the Sith Anakin only? Would a Jake/Hayden double be possible to capture the combined greatness of the PT in one package?

Some information about HT's plans for Anakin and future Star Wars releases (Hooray for Google Translate :wink1:)
Toy man: Since 2011 published a Luke Skywalker, except for DX-Series will be launched mentioned Anakin (Anakin Skywalker) outside, there is no other news of the Star Wars series. And the new Star Wars trilogy is expected to launch in 2015, will launch Hot Toys Company will, upon release of the film trilogy and introduced old or new roles do?

Howard Chan: Current Hot Toys has accelerated the speed of production has almost ready, will announce the new year should work, the other Star Wars movies copyright may also have the opportunity to acquire, but is still not hundred percent sure. If Hot Toys can have the opportunity to get the copyright, there should be a great opportunity to reproduce the classical roles, I am also very much hope that you can quickly carry out this part, because there are a lot of roles I want them to do it. For example, Luke. Skywalker (Luke Skywalker) there are many other versions of the style I also want to launch; addition, if there appear old Star Wars Episode seventh edition of Luke. Skywalker, I will be very excited!
Source: https://www.toy-people.com/?p=22945

Personally, I'd love to see a X-Wing pilot Luke!

Never was a fan of X-Wing Luke since the outfit is so specific to piloting, but the jumpsuit done by HT would look pretty spectacular. Still don't think I'd buy but it would be a really cool release. Sure hope their plans work out.

Son of a *****. He's taking all my money! I hoped that the Anakin would be about a year away..

The wait has been just silly. They've made one announcement in the last year that has interested me. One. They used to be a cool company but now it's all flavor of the month lameness. I want more 1966 Batman kinda stuff and less Barney Ross 2.0. You know?

The worst part for me was the Metal Gear and Resident Evil statement. There are so many classic characters they could make from those franchises, but they went with Resident Evil 6 and MGS 4. Oh well.

The worst part for me was the Metal Gear and Resident Evil statement. There are so many classic characters they could make from those franchises, but they went with Resident Evil 6 and MGS 4. Oh well.

I've grown tired of their business practices. One or two releases from a film/franchise then POOF, it's gone... Better yet their super lame releases like the Mime Joker. If sales spur their figure choices then why would they release a version no one wanted of a character that can still be had a retail?? Then there's the version 2.0 blues. I wonder how all the people who bought the T2 T-800 DX felt when they showed off the BD T-800 DX the same week the previous version charged and shipped to them?

Now, I'm critical but I am a bit of a hypocrite. I ordered the '66 Batman and Robin and I will buy anything OT they release... Assuming they ever get off their asses and make anything more that is.

This is the trouble when one company seems to have the monopoly on most of the classic licenses - in addition to their figures being hugely popular.

It's times like now, when I'd love to see NECA doing 1/6 scale stuff. They'd more than provide a competitive & satisfactory alternative to HT in some cases. You won't get super kick@i$$ tailoring etc, but with stuff like Batman Returns, 1966 Batman, Terminator, Dredd, Hellboy, Prometheus etc.. we'd have some nice options open to us.

I thought it was pretty clear from every interview ever given, including this last one, that no amount of actual pre-production or prototype work has yet been done on any new SW character by Hot Toys. The ANH Han and PT Anakin are simply pipe dreams at this stage, and more likely than not, we won't see them from Hot Toys before sometime in 2015 - but very likely never.

Honestly, at this stage in the game, Sideshow would be insane to let Hot Toys produce another Star Wars character on their license. With SS's quality improving by leaps and bounds over the past few years, and the SW franchise about to come out of simmer-mode, it would simply be a bad idea to let anyone else steal your thunder.

I'm firmly in the "not going to happen" camp wrt Hot Toys Star Wars releases.

I'd more than welcome SSC stepping up the plate, if they continue to improve - & really, what company interested in longevity wouldn't be aiming for that.

It's a win / win for all concerned. :)

I've grown tired of their business practices. One or two releases from a film/franchise then POOF, it's gone... Better yet their super lame releases like the Mime Joker. If sales spur their figure choices then why would they release a version no one wanted of a character that can still be had a retail?? Then there's the version 2.0 blues. I wonder how all the people who bought the T2 T-800 DX felt when they showed off the BD T-800 DX the same week the previous version charged and shipped to them?

Now, I'm critical but I am a bit of a hypocrite. I ordered the '66 Batman and Robin and I will buy anything OT they release... Assuming they ever get off their asses and make anything more that is.

I'm a major Hot Toys hypocrite, Flosi. I own a ton of their products, so I really have no right to talk. However, I am getting tired of the constant remakes and Iron Man variants while properties I'm interested in like Prometheus get put on the back burner. Prices on the retail and secondary market are getting out of hand as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back