Hot Toys DX Anakin Skywalker (EP3)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The facial sculpt is definitely dead on though....

I have always liked the Vancie Anakin. It was the first 12" that totally blew me away at a time I wasn't in the hobby. I lost out on an opportunity to get one because it was way too expensive at the time. If HT matches or exceeds that quality I will be over the moon. While I know there might be some issue as to whether or not they can do versions that SS hasn't gotten to, the ultimate for me would be a DX with EP II and EP III options, with two bodies plus a bonus Sith HS. Would really like to have blue and green light-up sabers if possible. We'd probably be talking $400-$450 range, but there would probably be various single figure options available. I would definitely try to get a real hair customization done on it. Fingers are crossed that there's a secret reveal coming.

Too much whining..

tumblr_lrs97jJHzh1r3v6f2o1_400.gif

Here's more photos of the figure, that one posted is just a nice shot. I have no doubt Hot Toys can reach a higher quality.

vaderanakin02sq6.jpg

anakin002.jpg

WOW
That is awful.
I'm hoping Hot Toys is 100% better than that.
Last time I looked Anakin didn't have dreadlocks.
I've seen this figure before and I didn't understand the praise then or now for it.
If some one paid for that,I'm sorry...I'm so very sorry.
Get your cash back!

Vancei's Anakin has several versions. Officially, there are 4 versions and this picture shows the 1st one. After Vancei made the 1st version, he developed his piece again and again. I admit the 1st one's quality is a little bit deficient for these days. (Vancei made it in 2005, and actually it was phenomenal 8 years ago.) However, there is a wide defference between the 1st one and the others. Just like Joker DX and DX 2.0 by Hottoys.

I've seen many figures of Hottoys, Enterbay and etc, but Vancei's Ani has the incomparable beauty IMO. Especially, from the 2nd one. (The 2nd version has the least issue about its hair job, too.)

Vancei's Anakin has several versions. Officially, there are 4 versions and this picture shows the 1st one. After Vancei made the 1st version, he developed his piece again and again. I admit the 1st one's quality is a little bit deficient for these days. (Vancei made it in 2005, and actually it was phenomenal 8 years ago.) However, there is a wide defference between the 1st one and the others. Just like Joker DX and DX 2.0 by Hottoys.

I've seen many figures of Hottoys, Enterbay and etc, but Vancei's Ani has the incomparable beauty IMO. Especially, from the 2nd one. (The 2nd version has the least issue about its hair job, too.)

Interesting, I thought the hair looked different in all the pictures I had seen of it. Welcome to the forum, btw! :)

Interesting, I thought the hair looked different in all the pictures I had seen of it. Welcome to the forum, btw! :)

Vancei made Anakin for only Korean collectors, so the detailed information is not widely known. Thank for your welcome. :)

Um yeeeeah. No offense to Elvis, but as much as I hate vanceis anakin, it is still better than the Billy Corgan as Anakin figure. That just looks like an awful cosplayer.

Um yeeeeah. No offense to Elvis, but as much as I hate vanceis anakin, it is still better than the Billy Corgan as Anakin figure. That just looks like an awful cosplayer.

Yeah Im with you. Everything SW related Elvis has touched has been gold but I am just not feeling that Anakin.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Does Ani Con ever do any special reveals at the end? I know we're all hoping against all hope at this point.

And it's strange cos OMG is usually very reliable when it comes to these things!

In fairness OMG comment could be taken as panic over there not being an Anakin figure :lecture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back