Hot Toys DX Anakin Skywalker (EP3)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it looks as good, or better than the one Vancei did years ago. That piece was absolutely amazing at the time. I managed to locate one at one point but the guy wanted something like $2,500 for it. I'd also pick up an extra head to see if I could get someone to do "real" hair.
customanakin4.jpg

If they do it the same way they did Luke, with 2 figures and the cost of $299.99,it BETTER be 100 times better than this figure in this pic!
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I'll most likely be skipping the Hot Toys Mannequin Skywalker. Perhaps if he really wows me and it's a slow time for releases that I want.

I think the Vancei piece is amazing. But these days HT should be able to surpass. It also has the light-up saber. Wasn't somebody doing those recently? I'd also hope that Han comes out a far cry better than HT Indiana Jones.

Stormtrooper armor would feel like a ripoff when we already have the Sideshow stormie.

Well pretty much anything hot toys does aside from set pieces like the falcon cockpit could be called a ripoff, considering SSC has covered SW pretty comprehensively over the last several years. ANH Han is a ripoff in itself.

I hope it looks as good, or better than the one Vancei did years ago. That piece was absolutely amazing at the time. I managed to locate one at one point but the guy wanted something like $2,500 for it. I'd also pick up an extra head to see if I could get someone to do "real" hair.
customanakin4.jpg

This thing looks like it should be dancing around naked,with his lightsaber tucked between his legs, listening to
"Goodbye Horses" by Q Lazzarus

I think the Vancei piece is amazing. But these days HT should be able to surpass. It also has the light-up saber. Wasn't somebody doing those recently? I'd also hope that Han comes out a far cry better than HT Indiana Jones.

You think they would, but looking at my DX Bespin Luke figures... I don't know what to expect from them on the SW front. I'm not saying the likeness is terrible or that I don't like the Luke figures, but Hot Toys can and have done better likeness on other figures.

Since Luke is such an iconic character, to me, being my favorite from the SW Saga, I was kinda disappointed by their poor attempt at Mark Hamill's likeness.. especially considering that SSC would never be able to nail the likeness and that HT only can do, as they've said, one figure per year (much more likely 2 years). Which means that another high-end Luke figure is not going to be released in the near future.

Everyone I've showed them to have pretty much told me they don't see the likeness, which I try to tell myself isn't true just to make myself feel better. My girlfriend laughed at it when I showed her the proto pics.. and she gave me this funny look when she noticed that I bought it anyway. :lol

I think their effort on it is up there with the DX05, not terrible but not that great either. Will be interesting to see what they can achieve with the Anakin figure.. I'm sure the clothing, accessories and whatever base he will come with will look incredible.. but the likeness.. I don't know with Hot Toys anymore.. :lol

Well pretty much anything hot toys does aside from set pieces like the falcon cockpit could be called a ripoff, considering SSC has covered SW pretty comprehensively over the last several years. ANH Han is a ripoff in itself.

Yeah but their Han NEEDED to be updated. The Stormie armor, which was developed WITH Hot Toys, doesn't require any substantial improvements.

customanakin4.jpg

The only good thing about that custom was the sculpt (minus the hair), the outter dark brown Jedi tunic, the real (p)leather boots, and the light saber. Over all it's a nice piece but not something that I hope Ht strives to be like, except for maybe the sculpt.

I'd imagine ANH Han would be like the DX10 was for some. Some felt it wasn't a worthy release and didn't come with enough to warrant it being a DX but it ended up being a well received figure. In the end it was abou the same price as Avengers Cape. If imagine if ANH Han is the version choice that it will be priced lower than what DX Luke was

Yeah but their Han NEEDED to be updated. The Stormie armor, which was developed WITH Hot Toys, doesn't require any substantial improvements.

I suppose, but I had to swap my SSC Stormie to a TT Slim and do quite a few mods to the armor to get it to a point where I was happy with it. Anyhow, the idea of a HT Han (not involving Arnie Kim) is exciting!

I suppose, but I had to swap my SSC Stormie to a TT Slim and do quite a few mods to the armor to get it to a point where I was happy with it. Anyhow, the idea of a HT Han (not involving Arnie Kim) is exciting!

In two years with inevitable delays...(sigh)

Do you have pics of your trooper Dane?

Yeah...:(

I haven't actually sat down and shot pictures of just my trooper, but here's a couple with my old Vader and the Emperor. :) The camera has a hard time picking it up, but his armor is glossed.

_MG_6158.jpg

_MG_2744.jpg

Nice dolls Dane, I think I need to upgrade my two Stormtroopers.

Wait... this is happening?

Like... fo sho?
Howard posted this on Facebook supposedly. If it was really him, and if he said it was this year, then I would think that it is going to happen. But Hot Toys news has been fabricated in the past. And Howard has said things that have not come to pass in legit interviews (sculpted hair on Black Widow, promising extra Platoon characters, etc.). So I am not treating it as gospel truth.

Wait... Hayden Christensen's character actually becomes Darth Vader like from "Star Wars"? Fell asleep during the second hour of the lava lightsaber battle.

:rotfl 1/6 Chewy will see release in 2027. It will retail for $799.

Don't lie. he states it plainly in the interview that Chewie will be Hot toys First "build-a-figure". and they will release one piece of hime with each star wars release, as the exclusive pack in, starting with han.

Well I don't understand one thing then what does the those by the fans votes mean then I though Chewbacca had won that vote as the next star wars figure and now this announcement just blow that away and state it will be Anakin

As is stated in each of the threads EVERYTIME someone makes a thread about those Hot toys fan's polls, those polls are strickly "just for fun" and have NO effect whatsoever on what HT produces.

.....so I guess this rules out the Ice Cream Maker guy, huh?

For now. gotta wait till sideshow makes him first :lol

Is it just a rumor or is there truth to Hot Toys trying to get the asian license from Medi?

It's mostly a rumor, but it's a rumor I'd believe. That would be the liscense that is avalible to Hot Toys, and it would allow them to make whatever they wanted, unrestricted.
So, i'd say it's a safe bet they want it.

one figure a year... which year is anyone's guess.

TRUTH:exactly:

Doesn't the DX just mean that it has PERS eyes?

more or less, and DX's TEND to have dio bases, and a higher accessory count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back