Hot Toys DX 04 is coming soon!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a side note, when HT does release its Avatar figures to be in true 1/6 scale they're gonna have to be 20 inches tall. :lol

Actually when Hot Toys announced their DX line then they said they will be taking older releases and improving on them. Don't ask for quotes I don't know where they said it but am sure of it so if thats true, which am 70% thinking it is, then will see no Superman or Avatar. Instead we can hope for another Terminator, Rocky or Rambo...if its an arnie Terminator then i'll be satisfied but dissapointed that we will have to wait longer for Supes !!!

P.S. Think of it. The DX line has only consisted of figures that have already been released so the theory is prob true !

Actually when Hot Toys announced their DX line then they said they will be taking older releases and improving on them. Don't ask for quotes I don't know where they said it but am sure of it so if thats true, which am 70% thinking it is, then will see no Superman or Avatar. Instead we can hope for another Terminator, Rocky or Rambo...if its an arnie Terminator then i'll be satisfied but dissapointed that we will have to wait longer for Supes !!!

P.S. Think of it. The DX line has only consisted of figures that have already been released so the theory is prob true !

MJ Bad! has never been released before so that theory falls short.

Whiplash's:

Artists:
* Head Sculpted by Kojun
* Head Painted by JC. Hong
* Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

So I maintain it's (Head and Body) Art Directed... and not (Head) and (Body Art) Directed

That "Head Art Directed by" credit I believe is in regards to JC Hong overseeing the production pieces that get painted up by other people i.e. "Head Painted by" means JC Hong painted the prototype and "Head Art Directed by JC Hong" means he oversaw the paintwork for the production pieces.

So for the DX 04:
- Painted by JC Hong
- Head & Body Art Directed by JC Hong & Kojun

It would mean JC Hong painted up the prototype and Hong/Kojun are overseeing the paintwork for the production pieces.

On a side note, when HT does release its Avatar figures to be in true 1/6 scale they're gonna have to be 20 inches tall. :lol

Thats ture, and if they did do a jake, they would need a new body as his legs were very skinny, wouldnt work with a normal tt

33v0x1y.jpg

Seriously :gah:

MJ Bad! has never been released before so that theory falls short.

True. But technically they released MJ figures before Bad so in theory they have released a MJ line before they did Bad. Also they would never re-release the same figure for example the Thriller one again as a DX04 but they would continue the line in a one off DX. The theory could still be true.

That "Head Art Directed by" credit I believe is in regards to JC Hong overseeing the production pieces that get painted up by other people i.e. "Head Painted by" means JC Hong painted the prototype and "Head Art Directed by JC Hong" means he oversaw the paintwork for the production pieces.

So for the DX 04:

It would mean JC Hong painted up the prototype and Hong/Kojun are overseeing the paintwork for the production pieces.

Yes, agreed ..... and not specifically "Body Art".... which may imply patterns on skin like tatoos or stripes.

Looks like a Smurf after a streamroller ran over it. :lol

:lol when they do make avatar figures im sure they will be great, but not sure if it would be something i would pick up, i can just about get my t-600 to fit inbetween my shelves, a avatar would have no chance lol

which need a newly sculpt body? Superman/Spider Man/Conan/Rambo??

But only Superma and Spider Mann need 2 head sculpt, arrrr I dont know

Like someone pointed out earlier it could be Rocky with a bruised up and bloody headsculpt and a "normal" one. I think i'd actually like a Rocky figure from the first film. And he is an iconic character.

If we get avatar i wonder if the figure will have light up feauture for mandibles ...after that we will get a set of jack and sally connected with mandibles in an energy light source and for a backdrop we will have a jungle scene...;)yeah blue smurfs united
afterwards we will get dicabrio and winslet with pers system and a backdrop of a titanic

I'm really hoping it's a BD t-800. Imagine all the details the artists would have to go through to get it right like the flesh and blood over the endo and the light up system on the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back