Hot Toys DX 04 is coming soon!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to insert this for V!C:

jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg

Fail on almost every count:
1)Enterbay did him first and better
2)Most werent expecting nor really wanted this.
3)The hype was unwarranted and the clues nonsensical.
4)The body looks unusually cartoonish.
5)My money stays in my wallet.

Counter Arguments.. not that hard TBH. :lol

1) And? Are you saying when a company does a license first no one else should touch it? So that midget Medicom Vader was good enough? Sideshow should have left that character alone!? And that "better" part is your opinion. If the figure bombs and doesn't sell then it'll be a fact. Until then.. it's simply an opinion.

2) Most weren't expecting this, true. Because it's a new license. But as far as most not really wanting this.. you must be referring to people who aren't in Asia.

3) Agreed. And guess who's to blame for that? FANS. Because there was no hype from HT. They posted 3 messages on their Facebook. Yeah.. they hyped the living crap outta that. :lol

It was all the fans, specifically the Christopher Reeve Superman sect that over hyped the announcement. HT wasn't going all over the place trying to get people excited. Fans did that all on their own.

And as far as the clues.. it's funny. In hindsight they make sense. Because HT was obviously excited about that new figure and they brought out a huge amount of staff talent for the project. Us non-Asians immediately figured it MUST be something we consider "important" and something that's "important" to us. Completely disregarding the fact that HT is based in HK.

It's big to them. It's important to them. It's an honor for them. Not us. Again.. that's not their fault. It would be different if an American based company like Sideshow made a similar announcement and it ended up being Brice Lee.. but for a Hong Kong/Asian company like Hot Toys. Nah.

4) It might change.. it might not. It's a prototype. The production figures might not be as detailed and some of that "cartoony" look might be toned down. Or maybe it won't. Bottomline.. if you don't like it, don't buy it. But it WILL sell regardless. Especially in Asia. And that's the only thing that's important to HT.

5) Again.. that's cool. That's how it should be. If you're not happy with a product, that's how you show it. Don't buy it. Don't support it. But the reality is, this figure will still sell and still make HT money. So in the bigger scheme of things.. it doesn't matter.

And just for the record, I could care less about a Bruce Lee figure from ANY company. Never bought one, and have no desire to EVER buy one. Just playing Devil's Advocate. :wave

Since V!C obviously failed to. :D

Can't believe the hate on this figure. It's one of Hot Toys' best for me. Both headsculpts are incredible. I agree about the body in most parts but it still looks great. Just let down a bit by the forearms.

A brilliant base, 2 back drops, 2 outfits, about 50 spare hands, 2 headsculpts with PERS, great accessories. I think some people need to stop, think and realise what you get these days for your money. We're getting spoilt! Can't lose sight of what this hobby is about.

Superman fans can shove it! You're all stuck with a Mattel Reeves complete with a camel toe accessory! Ha!

We know what the figure is, we've expressed our disappointment, so no real need for this thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back