Hot Toys DX 04 is coming soon!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just an idea, they say its been years of planning, how long was avatar in planning?

For that to be true, you'd have to assume that HT secured the Avatar license BEFORE the movie even came out and while IT was still in development. Pretty big assumption. :lol

but avatar was the biggest film of last year and made a lot of money. Hot toys may look at that and think the figures could do the same for them

im guessing Avatar....they would have started work at least a yr whilst the filming was on.....

First Avatar concept art released in 2004.

Maybe...?

Yeah maybe. Hot toys have done two of james' films, terminator and aliens, could have made a deal for all 3 when they released the 1st T 800 from T1?

Last edited:
HT usually credits/assign "Art Direction" not "Body Art" per say

I've actually never seen an "Art Direction" credit for a HT figure. Got an example? It usually just says "Figure Painted by" or just "Painted By".

Like for this DX 04 it says:

- Painted by JC Hong

That "Art Directed by" is something new, to me.

- Head & Body Art Directed by JC Hong & Kojun
I got the impression it meant Hong did the actual painting while Kojun helped with suggestions. :lol

I think the new muscular body puts the nail in the coffin, got to be Reeves Superman, T2 body's already been designed, I can't think of any other candidate from our guesses (other than Rambo and Rocky which I really don't expect) that would have 2 PERS heads and a new muscular body.

I've actually never seen an "Art Direction" credit for a HT figure. Got an example? It usually just says "Figure Painted by" or just "Painted By".

Like for this DX 04 it says:

That "Art Directed by" is something new, to me.

I got the impression it meant Hong did the actual painting while Kojun helped with suggestions. :lol

Whiplash's:

Artists:
* Head Sculpted by Kojun
* Head Painted by JC. Hong
* Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

So I maintain it's (Head and Body) Art Directed... and not (Head) and (Body Art) Directed

I honestly hope it is not Avatar:pfft: But im sure it is so Sideshow can carry it and it will go along with their designs from the film.

i hope its not avatar, but it looks like it could be. I want superman/clark kent, with street backdrop and phonebooth

Avatar is a good candidate for the pers system but again then why they would include two separate heads.and what are the accessories included?an arrow and bows?
And also the body of neutiri or jacks avatar is not muscular at all and also they dont wear any kind of special costume except somethink similar 2 predators skirt

muscular body directs to either rambo/rocky or t-800 bd

t-800 with 2 with 2 different headsculpts(one damage and one semi damaged)new muscular body with exposed endo parts... An armory...gauntling gun, grenade launcher, a lot of weapons, also on the head with the light up eye the pers system it could work differently for each eye
also for backdrop would have somethink similar to mcfarlanes t-800

i cannot find any reason for rambo for 2 separate heads
rocky although could have one normal and one battle damage head and body with sweat and for backdrop would have a ring or a training corner with a box heavy bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back