Hot Toys DX 03 speculation...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TIME OUT.... Is this just another figure or is this really the DX03..REALLY?? Someone please say NO.... PLEASE tell me no.

If it is, I can't even describe how much that sucks:mad::mad:

Shoulda been Captain E-O, but this looks pretty great.

And to all those disappointed, take this as a break from shelling out $200 bucks so soon after the recent deluge of awesome figures. There'll be more:angelsmil

True saving money is good but Im really confused as to how this is should be a DX figure.:dunno
I mean what can he really come with to make him a DX, PERS, and what?? A "Dirty Diana" shirt and spare hands. The thriller figure was better news than this and as a DX?? I don't see the sense of it.

Good move from a business standpoint, but I'm personally a bit disappointed that we aren't getting Rambo or T1 T-800. Oh well, hopefully now we're one step closer to another pre-nose job/skin whitening MJ that I would be glad to add to my collection. My Thriller MJs are lonely.

True saving money is good but Im really confused as to how this is should be a DX figure.:dunno
I mean what can he really come with to make him a DX, PERS, and what?? A "Dirty Diana" shirt and spare hands. The thriller figure was better news than this and as a DX?? I don't see the sense of it.
The moving eyes, an extra head of sorts, and possibly the base are the only distinguishing characteristics we've really seen for DX. You can't make 2 Batmen with his DX figure.

They could have done this as part of the M Icon line. I've come to regard the DX announcements as events, where a thread will go to 60 pages in a day. This had everyone banding together in excitement, now disbanded in disappointment. I am happy the MJ fans are getting this but it could have been something way cooler.

Remember when HT said, "Are you expecting some surprise from DX 03?" Maybe that was some kinda sick joke knowing that a MJ DX would piss us off.

Good move from a business standpoint, but I'm personally a bit disappointed that we aren't getting Rambo or T1 T-800. Oh well, hopefully now we're one step closer to another pre-nose job/skin whitening MJ that I would be glad to add to my collection. My Thriller MJs are lonely.

The moving eyes, an extra head of sorts, and possibly the base are the only distinguishing characteristics we've really seen for DX. You can't make 2 Batmen with his DX figure.

What Im saying is (and what your saying above too:lol) Thriller MJ could/should have been a DX if ANY MJ at all was to be a DX.
Thriller era MJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any other era MJ.

Hot Toys is sticking to their tradition of releasing only the popular characters from a line...another MJ? Where the f is Tito and Jermaine? WTF! And what about bubbles and elephant man?

Does it come with replaceable nose, an alternate darker face-plate and molestation hands?

That totally blows!

Yikes. A lot of hostility surrounding HT choice for DX03 :lol

I am not a fan of the artist or the choice either but eh. Big deal. Congrats to those who will purchase, it looks amazing.

I am not a fan of the artist or the choice either but eh. Big deal. Congrats to those who will purchase, it looks amazing.

HT might be a bit to blame for that. The "mystery" DX turned out to be something we all knew was coming anyway. Kinda like your mom jumping out of a stripper cake. SURPRISE!!! :dunno:lol

I wonder what all the bellyaching is about? Not surprised there is bellaching, but MJ is a big seller for them, and now is the best time for HT to cash in on product.

And, this is the 3rd figure of him, just like the Joker. So why not make it a DX.

HT might be a bit to blame for that. The "mystery" DX turned out to be something we all knew was coming anyway. Kinda like your mom jumping out of a stripper cake. SURPRISE!!! :dunno:lol

Oh, that makes a bit more sense... didn't really pay attention to the DX teaser :lol

exactly. some (most?) collectors on here seem to hate it when any company releases something that's not what they wanted. Then they whinge and cry about it, forgetting that they're not the centre of the universe.

Other people will be happy with the announcement... so just look forward to the next one! Every product doesn't have to please you :rolleyes:

This is true, but I'm kind of grateful its a MJ figure because its something I have no interest in buying.

Much as our own "pet" choices would have been nice to see (except for those who wanted Avatar--I'm hoping HT will decide not produce any of those eyesores at all), this is a good business move. They need to capitalize on the MJ interest now, because as his death slowly fades from memory, interest in toy versions of him is going to go down.

Rambo, Terminator, and others aren't in the same boat. They are probably going to be just as popular in 6 months or a year as they are right now, so why should Hot Toys rush things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back