Hot Toys DX 03 speculation...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not like HT won't do any more DXs peeps. chin up eh?

look at it this way - the DX series is still in early stages (dare i mention the ahem ahem oil?). if you don't like MJ like so many of you clearly don't, isn't it a good early figure for HT to experiment DX stuff with? by the time they get to a figure you actually want, they'll have improved the techniques, which means better figure for you.

i'm coming round to the idea of a DX Icon MJ. I'm glad one of them will be PERS'ed.

(and i agree - rocky 1 deserves DX treatment! it's only a matter of time surely. more than rambo 4 which could be done as MMS)

I was actually sure it would be Rocky,i guess HT changed their plans.But hell...this not a let down for me at all,i will take any MJ HT make.

i will get like 3 of this,make different customs.

OH did I freakin call that? Did I ???! :chew

I think it actually will be MJ. They have never called it 'M-IconDX' cause they haven't made one yet. But he is the most qualified for a DX, there are already two figures and we know they are making BAD. So if that is a DX then people will have more incentive to buy a 3rd MJ figure.

Now wheres my Coke? :lol:monkey3 And everyone who was hoping for a new character, don't get me wrong, I want new characters. But there is a certain procedure Hot Toys would go through before they introduce something new.

Whether its a DX or not, they would not just drop a new figure at random like 'Look everyone, its that guy from that one movie, remember?!' If it was something like 'Die Hard' first they would inform us about the franchise, like 'Hey guys, We just got the Die Hard license, YEAH! Stay tuned for updates' They would hype the franchise for a while and THEN drop the figure afterward

Since it`s a DX,i would absolutely love a extra set of these clothes from the Bad Tour,nice that they added the Dirty Diane shirt.

Zero interest. I'm actually gutted over here, was thinking it'd be something new and cool. Yawn.

Ehh... I have mixed feelings about this announcement. I may get it but I may not. I was hoping for something else like Rambo or Superman as a DX figure. Oh wells... what's done is done.

I like this and I'm getting it!
But I dont know if the extra clothes & 1 PERS head is enough to justify the DX price tag. They certainly have got to match up the the DX Joker & Batman in terms of gimmicks if they are going to charge the same price for it.

I like this and I'm getting it!
But I dont know if the extra clothes & 1 PERS head is enough to justify the DX price tag. They certainly have got to match up the the DX Joker & Batman in terms of gimmicks if they are going to charge the same price for it.

Agreed, I'd like to see a second head and/or a more detailed second outfit if they're planning to charge the same for it. Not that I won't get it either way, but I'd still like to see it...

Will he come with any weapons? ;)

Michael-Jackson-auction-2-005.jpg

;)

Oh well. I know MJ stuff sells well, and I'm happy for those who like it. But it's a total waste for me. At least I'll save money!

Honestly, while I'm happy for you guys who are getting stuff you want from HT, I'm finding less and less they make interests me. Not a Terminator fan, or MJ. I suppose I would get a HT Professor X or Spidey, but otherwise, unless they finish out the Watchmen line there's nothing here for me. I guess to each their own!

Owh cha'mon not another MJ figure !!! Most of us here are into our film figures. But damn he looks good. Am happy its not something I wanted cause I cannot afford right now but dissapointed it wasn't Reeves. Owh well, its good for MJ fans.

Re: Hot Toys want you to guess what the DX03 is.

That looks like an asian man dressed up as MJ. Whats with the eastern features?:google

I would have to disagree. That is spot on MJ. And I realized if you looked at the lowest right hand corner the picture of MJ pointing. It looks exactly like the proto Thriller head with new hair!

Agreed, I'd like to see a second head and/or a more detailed second outfit if they're planning to charge the same for it. Not that I won't get it either way, but I'd still like to see it...

Yep a second head or a dance/concert/music video floor base with lights would be nice.

For Weapons....he can have a mic stand + the mic lolz

Stop crying, guys. Be happy for the MJ fans.

exactly. some (most?) collectors on here seem to hate it when any company releases something that's not what they wanted. Then they whinge and cry about it, forgetting that they're not the centre of the universe.

Other people will be happy with the announcement... so just look forward to the next one! Every product doesn't have to please you :rolleyes:

Wait a minute Darren, are u saying I am not the center of the universe?!?!?!!?!?

What I think should be included:
- Mic + Stand
-Stage/Train Station Mini Diorama/Stand with spotlight
-Tour Outfit
-Extra head (PERS with/without dosen't matter.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back