Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

Looks great Toys210!

I'm planning on buying a table from ikea to display this. It's 59" long and 29 1/2" deep so it will be perfect. It also comes in grey so it will look like his workshop.

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

LINKING SIDE WALLS MOD:

A real easy way to get these wired requires a few little things.

- 20 gauge wire
- 3/8 Dow wood rod
- steel tacks
- mini transformer adapter for a 2 wire +\- power strip

Wiring steps:
1. Cut the bell wire to proper length.
2. Strip the ends and loop a copper hoop around the steel tack.
3 cut the 3/8 Dow rod Dow to the size of a AA battery.
4. Hammer the steel tack with wire ends down into the dow rod for 1 end. Should look like pic below.

Then just place the metal tack ends to the top and bottom of the hall walls so the +\- are set. ( I used red for hot or +).
Feed the wall into the matched walls and pull out of the back.

The last step is to connect all of the paired connections to a power link. I need to order one, but I believe Ikea has them in the lighting section with the Dioder LEDs. When I order mine or acquire one I will update this post.

But after you wire in the other walls and feed the wires through, now the sides can be controlled easily with a control switch, dimmers or a remote.

Hope this helps for anybody not wanting to use batteries and worry about turning them all on and off on the display.:peace

Thanks for the mod tutorial and your whole setup turned out amazing. :rock

Today my girlfriend chipped in on the full Hall of Armor as an early Christmas present. We managed to get this for $760 shipped! While I'm eagerly awaiting for the huge box to arrive, I'm going to have to round up supplies to do Hokietwo's light mod...

For those of you that have this, what model plug in power adapter are you using for the rest of the lights?

Today my girlfriend chipped in on the full Hall of Armor as an early Christmas present. We managed to get this for $760 shipped! While I'm eagerly awaiting for the huge box to arrive, I'm going to have to round up supplies to do Hokietwo's light mod...

For those of you that have this, what model plug in power adapter are you using for the rest of the lights?

You need a 4.5 volt AC plug in adapter.

I got one from walmart for about $19. It has adjustable voltage and several different size plugs. It's the Original Power Powerline 1300 mA Universal AC Adapter--works great!

I was lucky, my local comic store is allowing me to pay per piece at a time.

Four to go!

I was lucky, my local comic store is allowing me to pay per piece at a time.

Four to go!

Congrats man... Yeah My set arrives today...I decided to cave in and click the button to ship my loot. I'm undecided where to place my set. I have my Iron Man Armor suits inside Horizontal Detolfs right now. I may set them on top of one of my other display cabinets, but really want to do the full scene with Tony on his platform. The Good thing is, I'm taking a vacation next week so I will be able to take my time and set everything up the way I want it including doing the wiring mods.

BTW I think Mark 1 in your pic looks like he was drinking the night before and seems a little tipsy :lol .... maybe he will sober up by the next HOA cube you add :)

Congrats man... Yeah My set arrives today...I decided to cave in and click the button to ship my loot. I'm undecided where to place my set. I have my Iron Man Armor suits inside Horizontal Detolfs right now. I may set them on top of one of my other display cabinets, but really want to do the full scene with Tony on his platform. The Good thing is, I'm taking a vacation next week so I will be able to take my time and set everything up the way I want it including doing the wiring mods.

BTW I think Mark 1 in your pic looks like he was drinking the night before and seems a little tipsy :lol .... maybe he will sober up by the next HOA cube you add :)

Thanks!! Not sure why my mark I tilts to the side. I tried fixing it many times. :blissy

Lol. That's a unique look! Might as well make them all like that

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I do hate how many batteries this thing needs. It's a big pain.

Horizontal Detolfs?

As in, you have them on their side?

I need to see how that works, I would have thought they were too fragile.

Horizontal Detolfs?

As in, you have them on their side?

I need to see how that works, I would have thought they were too fragile.

Yes Sir, You must be VERY VERY careful specially for what I did. Placing one Detolf horizontally that is built per Ikea specs is one thing, but what I have done is a little different.

You can use 4 Detolfs side by side standing Vertically and place one Hortizontaly on top for a total of 5 Detolfs.

Or, you can do what I did.

I needed Depth. I bought 2 Detolfs. I built the first detolf without the Front Door, so you will have a 3 side fish tank. I placed that one on top of my Batman display table horizontally. You MUST make sure both wooden End caps are supported fully by whatever is under it. At no point should the Wooden end caps hang over the end of whatever table, or cabinet you are placing it on.

Next you need something to support the weight of the glass wanting to flex in the middle and pop out of the detolf plastic channels. I took a full roll of electrical tape and cut the roll in half. This will give you a springy half circle of rubber. I then took that presses as flat as I could and used a large open ended 1 1/2" wrench and placed the flattened half roll of electrical tape in the end of the wrench and used it to PUSH the electrical tape under the glass in the middle of my detolf glass all the way to the back. I repeated this 2 more times. So in all I have used 1.5 rolls of electrical tape. The electrical tape is rubber and gives you a bounce and flex so the glass is supported in the middle and will no longer flex or pop out of the Detolf plastic channel.

Next you build another Detolf without the Back Saftey glass pannel. So you will have 2 sides and the front door ONLY. Yes this make it very unstable. Be very very careful please. You then lift Very Slowly very carefully in front of the First Detolf that was already pushed to the back of your display. Do the electrical tape support trick for the middle of your glass..

End result is 2 Detolfs Horizontally with 32" of depth. Your Detolf in the front will have a Bread Box style door opening so I left the Detolf door up and place a pole to support the weight while Im adjusting my figures, then remove the pole and close my detolf Bread box.

Lots of work but for 130.00 its the cheapest way to have this much space for an Iron man display. I have not setup my HOA inside of it yet, but will try this weekend. For now here is my setup. Please look carefully and thing about how large Tony's platform is. Tony's platform is in the Front Detolf and the Armor suits are in the Second Back Detolf.

HOA by matrix0fleadership, on Flickr

Yes Sir, You must be VERY VERY careful specially for what I did. Placing one Detolf horizontally that is built per Ikea specs is one thing, but what I have done is a little different.

You can use 4 Detolfs side by side standing Vertically and place one Hortizontaly on top for a total of 5 Detolfs.

Or, you can do what I did.

I needed Depth. I bought 2 Detolfs. I built the first detolf without the Front Door, so you will have a 3 side fish tank. I placed that one on top of my Batman display table horizontally. You MUST make sure both wooden End caps are supported fully by whatever is under it. At no point should the Wooden end caps hang over the end of whatever table, or cabinet you are placing it on.

Next you need something to support the weight of the glass wanting to flex in the middle and pop out of the detolf plastic channels. I took a full roll of electrical tape and cut the roll in half. This will give you a springy half circle of rubber. I then took that presses as flat as I could and used a large open ended 1 1/2" wrench and placed the flattened half roll of electrical tape in the end of the wrench and used it to PUSH the electrical tape under the glass in the middle of my detolf glass all the way to the back. I repeated this 2 more times. So in all I have used 1.5 rolls of electrical tape. The electrical tape is rubber and gives you a bounce and flex so the glass is supported in the middle and will no longer flex or pop out of the Detolf plastic channel.

Next you build another Detolf without the Back Saftey glass pannel. So you will have 2 sides and the front door ONLY. Yes this make it very unstable. Be very very careful please. You then lift Very Slowly very carefully in front of the First Detolf that was already pushed to the back of your display. Do the electrical tape support trick for the middle of your glass..

End result is 2 Detolfs Horizontally with 32" of depth. Your Detolf in the front will have a Bread Box style door opening so I left the Detolf door up and place a pole to support the weight while Im adjusting my figures, then remove the pole and close my detolf Bread box.

Lots of work but for 130.00 its the cheapest way to have this much space for an Iron man display. I have not setup my HOA inside of it yet, but will try this weekend. For now here is my setup. Please look carefully and thing about how large Tony's platform is. Tony's platform is in the Front Detolf and the Armor suits are in the Second Back Detolf.

HOA by matrix0fleadership, on Flickr

That is insane! Nice work! :horror :thud: :clap

Crazy and yet Genius at the same time. Nice work, Lotus

My HOA arrives today. Can't wait to get home to see how big the box actually is!

Finally got charged my set of 4 from Alterego. :yess:

I'm finally getting around to putting my HOA together. I think the QC is pretty bad on these. Can another member please look at the Top of the HOA and tell me if it is glued Flush to so there is no seem, or do you see the top glued so it hangs over the front, by a hair. I have looked at all Seven of mine and some are Glued flush and some Glued where it hangs over.

My next problem is with the Wall Light panels. Out of 14 panels I have 6 that have clear spots inside the frosted plastic. So you really notice the clear spots when the LED is on. Once again just poor QC.

I think its just Hot Toys saying we don't care about you suckers.

I'm finally getting around to putting my HOA together. I think the QC is pretty bad on these. Can another member please look at the Top of the HOA and tell me if it is glued Flush to so there is no seem, or do you see the top glued so it hangs over the front, by a hair. I have looked at all Seven of mine and some are Glued flush and some Glued where it hangs over.

My next problem is with the Wall Light panels. Out of 14 panels I have 6 that have clear spots inside the frosted plastic. So you really notice the clear spots when the LED is on. Once again just poor QC.

I think its just Hot Toys saying we don't care about you suckers.

Have you taken the plastic film of the panels? I don't think it's supposed to be frosted.

Edit: whoops! Wall panels not hologram panels...

Have you taken the plastic film of the panels? I don't think it's supposed to be frosted.

Edit: whoops! Wall panels not hologram panels...

Correct I'm referring to the Slide in Wall Light panels not the Acrylic hologram ones. The Slide in Wall Panels have a frosted internal design. It seems that on 6 of my panels something caused 2 clear spots to occur during the frosting process.

Correct I'm referring to the Slide in Wall Light panels not the Acrylic hologram ones. The Slide in Wall Panels have a frosted internal design. It seems that on 6 of my panels something caused 2 clear spots to occur during the frosting process.

I have only unboxed 1 of the 7 HOA that I have but both of my panels have those same clear spots and on both panels, they are in the exact some spot. Definitely a QC issue.

Back