Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Can we have a bloated Bib Fortuna next complete with Kenner staff and Dais please Hot toys 😉😉😉😉

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Yeah, the way some of the headsculpts have been it seems that might be the case i.e losing a/some sculptors.

Does anyone follow the sculptors who have been there for a while. I think one was called Kojun or something. I wonder who was the sculptor for that Mk85 headsculpt. Per person ! But still it was his/her bosses boss + Disney probably who approved it.

I even read somewhere that JC Hong may go. That would be a travesty !!

Thanks Greygoose for the kick ass sig !!

Well, worst case - since I keep my figs long term unless emergency - that will be when I shell out for a top custom, down the road. Who knows what effects the pandemic has had on companies.

Really believed we'd get a Cara announcement for Christmas - nope.

On a side note, thought it was mildly funny that SSC helpfully reminded me of POs due December 25. Nothing slows the great machine of commerce. :cool:

Doubt JC Hong will go, he probably makes a tonne of $ without the worries of being a CEO. I don't know if HT "employs" the artists, seems like most of them are contracted for specific sculpts.

Yeah with JC Hong gone we might have to rely on Sideshow to continue the Mando line instead. Don't think anybody wants that. :D

Doubt JC Hong will go, he probably makes a tonne of $ without the worries of being a CEO. I don't know if HT "employs" the artists, seems like most of them are contracted for specific sculpts.

I sure hope not. Driving him out would be completely counter productive to what the social media outrage mob apparently thinks they are trying to accomplish.

Isn't JC Hong responsible for head paint and not the sculpt?

Isn't JC Hong responsible for head paint and not the sculpt?

I guess I have always thought he was kinda "in charge" as an overseer of it all. Perhaps I am wrong though.

HT definitely seems to be struggling a bit with sculpts lately. A couple real stinkers combined with a lack of many figures with sculpts being made at all. But I fail to see how going after JC Hong on social media will make this better. I'm sure the guy is trying to do his best.

we should all let jc know we appreciate him and all the work he does :1-1: This community can be kind of demanding sometimes

JC Hong is a professional businessman and 100% not going anywhere, I'm pretty sure he has fully acknowledged the risk when using his social medial as a platform to communicate with "consumers".

btw just rewatched Episode 1 last night, changed my mind, Cobb Vanth was a pretty cool character, but definitely no HT treatment :)

JC Hong is a professional businessman and 100% not going anywhere, I'm pretty sure he has fully acknowledged the risk when using his social medial as a platform to communicate with "consumers".

btw just rewatched Episode 1 last night, changed my mind, Cobb Vanth was a pretty cool character, but definitely no HT treatment :)

You need to go watch Justified and Deadwood.

Lol. The line is far too long.

Yeah, because of all the diecast versions of the House Party Protocol Iron Man armors they will eventually be releasing, along with the Venomized and Zombie characters nobody asked for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JC is almost like the Number 2 around HT isn't he? He's always in photos with Howard whenever you see him. I thought he was more of a Creative Director and also in charge of paint and with him being quite prominent on social media he seems to be (unfortunately) the go to guy when it comes to issues. I feel just as bad for the sculptor. Imagine your work being received like that; it's got to be a punch in the gut.

So, is Kojun the only qualified sculptor in the industry?

The way HT is moving along these days, I hope they release the Shore Trooper or some other trooper next and leave Bo and Boba until they can get the head sculpts done. It would be a real stinker if they release those two without head sculpts.

Kojun is up there but for my money the greatest sculptor is KA Kim. Too bad her sculpts either don't get made (Bowie), do get made but by a scammer (Lennon) or shoddy production ruins her work (Blitzway).

Threezero's sculptor(s) seems to be fine. Likeness in their prototypes are good. But they drop the ball during mass production.

Kojun is up there but for my money the greatest sculptor is KA Kim. Too bad her sculpts either don't get made (Bowie), do get made but by a scammer (Lennon) or shoddy production ruins her work (Blitzway).

Those two are very good, but in terms of consistent excellence over the years I'd have to give a slight edge to Yulli. Of course it may come down to what lines one collects vs. what lines these artists work on.

Back