Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Everything they did with him was bad ass. The fighting, the look, taking over Jabba's palace.

Even Slave 1 looks and sounds the coolest and bad-assed ship there is.

And to think I had a fleeting thought that Mando could end up with it in the final episode ! Ha !

Come to think of it, I wonder what ship they'll come up with for Mando in Season 3 ??

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Bring it on !!

IMG_1209.jpg

Everything they did with him was bad ass. The fighting, the look, taking over Jabba's palace.

Robert Rodriguez was just announced as an executive producer, as well as Favs and Filoni, for Book of Boba. That?s massive news imo and is a big indication he?s directing the mini-series. This show is going to be brutal! Think episode 6 on steroids.

Even Slave 1 looks and sounds the coolest and bad-assed ship there is.

And to think I had a fleeting thought that Mando could end up with it in the final episode ! Ha !

Come to think of it, I wonder what ship they'll come up with for Mando in Season 3 ??

They'll fill up Luke's X-Wing.

Well, I don't - not yet anyway.:monkey3

I wasn't a Boba fan; and am uneasy about all the fan service, but:

View attachment 501893

This was just SO beautiful I wanted to cry. The BADASSERY of this simple moment....:cool:

DEATH INCARNATE in gleaming and shadowy Beskar. I NEED this on the shelf.:drool:drool:drool

Two Mandalorians walk into a bar....

Boba's fan service is very much deserved. And now, at last, finally and about time too everyone else is coming to understand. I love Mando, I really do. He is an awesome guy and much respect. But there can only be one king, and we all know who that is.

I'm very much hoping they keep the music they used in the post-credits scene as the main theme for BoBF, because that music was SO. PERFECT.

Did anyone else hear that CLANG as Slave 1 forcibly docked with that shuttle and think of the EU and how this was supposed to be one of the most fearsome sounds you could hear as a criminal, because Here Comes Fett and you won't be escaping.... nope, not a chance there is no where else to run.

I love the sounds that ship makes, it is just the best and getting to see the inside was just one giant nerdgasm. I love this show so much.

Two Mandalorians walk into a bar....

Boba's fan service is very much deserved. And now, at last, finally and about time too everyone else is coming to understand. I love Mando, I really do. He is an awesome guy and much respect. But there can only be one king, and we all know who that is.

I'm very much hoping they keep the music they used in the post-credits scene as the main theme for BoBF, because that music was SO. PERFECT.

I always feel like the term fan service gets thrown around like it's a bad thing. Everything they've done with Boba on this show has always been what he was in the EU. They're finally giving us the live-action representation of the character we've always known him to be. I'd say instead of saying fan-service, I'd actually say they're finally giving the character, justice.

I always feel like the term fan service gets thrown around like it's a bad thing. Everything they've done with Boba on this show has always been what he was in the EU. They're finally giving us the live-action representation of the character we've always known him to be. I'd say instead of saying fan-service, I'd actually say they're finally giving the character, justice.

:goodpost:

I think people don't know what fan service actually is. This was all in service of the story grounding it in the Star Wars universe, not gratuitous eye candy just for feels. Feels alone do not equal fan service. It's as bad as how often "plot hole" is used when people either don't like a plot point or not everything is explained in a giant exposition dump.

:goodpost:

I think people don't know what fan service actually is. This was all in service of the story grounding it in the Star Wars universe, not gratuitous eye candy just for feels. Feels alone do not equal fan service. It's as bad as how often "plot hole" is used when people either don't like a plot point or not everything is explained in a giant exposition dump.

Disagree as IMO the series was ALREADY effectively grounded in the SW universe. Plenty of callbacks. Outside of the other Mandalorians, this series could have happily rolled without Boba, Luke, Ahsoka and probably a whole calvacade of dead Jedi and other Filoni characters to come.

Whether the fan service makes people happy is another matter. Personally I'd take Boba over Ahsoka any day, because after Clone Wars and Rebels I am Ahsoka'd out. But yeah, I feel bad the show seems to be sliding into a live action Clone Wars vs. the fresh, new, everyman hardscrabble characters trying to get by in the Outer Rim. I didn't get into the show to see a Rebels sequel. Two seasons in, and we know very little about Moff Gideon and his motives, but we got a whole show of Ahsoka. We could have had a new remnant Jedi turn up, but we didn't get that either.

Not much I can do about it tho:(. Someone puts out a product u either like it or u don't. I was happy to see Fennec back. And i like how they handled Boba and the aesthetic. Maybe I'm jumping the gun and should trust Favreau, but Disney seems to want to overstuff so they can sell more. And they obviously dont worry about rehash. Otherwise Palps would have stayed space dust.

But it wasn't his show. Disney chose to do Mandalorian over a Boba Fett show, originally. E.g., IMO Mandalorian shouldn't be used to fix - anything. Yeah, it worked, and I'll get figs, and now Boba is getting his own show, and because of that the show I'm actually involved in is getting shoved into 2022. That's a LONG wait for a show that's only 8 short episodes anyway.

But it wasn't his show. Disney chose to do Mandalorian over a Boba Fett show, originally. E.g., IMO Mandalorian shouldn't be used to fix - anything. Yeah, it worked, and I'll get figs, and now Boba is getting his own show, and because of that the show I'm actually involved in is getting shoved into 2022. That's a LONG wait for a show that's only 8 short episodes anyway.

I don’t know what to tell you? Either accept it or just start a blog and complain there?:dunno

If your perception of "LONG wait" for a hundred million dollars project with "8 shorts episodes".

Then simply refer to the production time of a typical Hot Toys figure takes roughly more than a year. I could say the same thing, just a $250 dolly what took them so goddamn LONG :). I sincerely hope you understand my point :).

And you know this how? You were intimately involved in the mapping out of the series that Fav and Filoni jointly did after KK head hunted Fav and put him together with Filoni after it turned out his idea for a show aligned with something Filoni was already developing (source the Art of the Mandalorian)? This was mapped and always part of the plan. We are just along for the ride. If you don't like it...

I don’t know what to tell you? Either accept it or just start a blog and complain there?:dunno

From what i understood from the latest Disney and Favreau announcements, both shows will be streaming in december next year along Ahsoka and Rangers of the New Republic. It was also hinted that those shows will cross over.

I'm actually kinda with you a bit here. I'm not exactly thrilled to see Djarin pushed aside in favor of Boba Fett. I don't mind Fett popping in from time to time or Djarin coming back to enlist his help or something, but kinda sucks mando s3 is now on the back burner.

I'm sure the Fett show will be great and I'm still excited for it, but as someone who didn't really see grogu leaving as the end of Djarin's story ( what with Mandalore calling and the whole dark Saber business) I was excited to pick up where we left off next year.

Instead I guess we'll get Boba redecorating Jabba's palace? Maybe putting in a skylight. :lol

From what i understood from the latest Disney and Favreau announcements, both shows will be streaming in december next year along Ahsoka and Rangers of the New Republic. It was also hinted that those shows will cross over.

Actually, Boba is next December and season 3 will be after that. Favreau asked Filoni to keep it a secret so Kennedy used the term “next chapter” during the Investors call last week. People just assumed she meant season 3 but she didn’t.

They’re still in production on the Boba show and will start season 3 “right after.”

Good. So, worst case scenario, they'll likely stream weeks apart. Very unlikely we'll have to wait 6 months to a year before actual Mando Season 3 is released.

I'm sure the Fett show will be great and I'm still excited for it, but as someone who didn't really see grogu leaving as the end of Djarin's story ( what with Mandalore calling and the whole dark Saber business) I was excited to pick up where we left off next year.

Instead I guess we'll get Boba redecorating Jabba's palace? Maybe putting in a skylight. :lol

On to the next chapter! Djaren is gonna do something else for a while, we'll get to see Mandalore and I think its going to be super fun. Grogu will not stay permanently gone, I'm very confident.

I just hope Mandalore does not have that many tapcafs; evidently just one Mando in a tapcaf/cantina and half the furnishings are destroyed while they smacktalk each other, trade punches and jet around enclosed spaces :p If I ran one I'd make all the Mandalorians sit outside, they *cannot* behave.

Regardless, I think of it like this: instead of just eight weeks of content this coming year, we're going to get at least 16 weeks of Mandalorian-themed content. They'll run one series first - my money is on "Mandalorian" first - and then the second after that, along with whatever else they throw at us SW-wise. It is a win for everyone!

Boba's gonna put in a skylight by using a seismic charge. That'll wake 'em up in Mos Eisley, for sure, no matter how far way.

Back