Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

?. I remember how much I loved - and still do - Faora from "Man of Steel." I loved her. She was beautiful, had awesome armor and was a general world-wrecking badass - and we never got a HT figure of her.

It makes me a little nervous, thinking if they will ever make HT Cara.

I think my worry is, regarding these incessant casting announcements [and I bet at least 50% of them are fake] - why would they *need* to launch these characters from "Mandalorian"? These people have had their very own shows for YEARS now. Everyone knows who they are. Its not like this is some new ****.... did we have to launch Kenobi from "Mandalorian"? Nope.

I'm thinking 50 stars in six episodes sounds like a whole lotta chaos, where things get touched on but not finished. I have nothing against Ahsoka. But she had seven season's-worth of a show already. I don't want to see Clone Wars season eight. I want to know more about Mando's earlier life, about his training and what is going on on Mandalor on the current timeline? Please explain this unremoveable helmet stuff! These are the issues we NEED.

Excuse slightly sour grapes.

I'm excited about some of characters and cast that have been revealed but I see your point. It's not as if there is going to be 15 episodes, we are talking 8 episodes at about 40 minutes each. Still I'm curious to see how Boba/Ahsoka are handled and also Timothy Olyphant and Michael Biehn in the SW universe.

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

I think my worry is, regarding these incessant casting announcements [and I bet at least 50% of them are fake] - why would they *need* to launch these characters from "Mandalorian"? These people have had their very own shows for YEARS now. Everyone knows who they are. Its not like this is some new ****.... did we have to launch Kenobi from "Mandalorian"? Nope.

Not everyone watches the animated shows. The Baby Yoda hype has probably brought a lot of new Star Wars fans on board (and that's more than okay). So, for a lot of people these characters are new. Kenobi is a pre-exisiting live-action character, who is well-known by everyone, regardless of whether they watch Star Wars or not. So, yeah they kind of do need introducing in live-action form. Also, two of the ''rumoured'' characters are Mandalorians (Sabine and Bo Katan), who may well play a key part in the show going forward. I'm sure Favreau and Filoni know what they're doing, stop worrying and enjoy the ride.

I'm excited about some of characters and cast that have been revealed but I see your point. It's not as if there is going to be 15 episodes, we are talking 8 episodes at about 40 minutes each. Still I'm curious to see how Boba/Ahsoka are handled and also Timothy Olyphant and Michael Biehn in the SW universe.

Fett is the one thing out of all these announcements that I am excited for. I very much want to see Morrison as Fett. Very much so. I have a feeling he'll be used for the end-of-season cliffhanger, though.

I would not at all be surprised to see Biehn cast as Mando's adoptive father. He's the right age. But we'll see. This genre veteran is welcome in the series any old way. I'll enjoy seeing him.

Many of these others though, especially non-Mandelorians... strike me as unnecessary clutter. Should I feel a need to go watch Rebels, I'll go watch it. I don't need it brought here. But that is just me. The show does not need to be yanked in fifty different directions.

Fett is the one thing out of all these announcements that I am excited for. I very much want to see Morrison as Fett. Very much so. I have a feeling he'll be used for the end-of-season cliffhanger, though.

I would not at all be surprised to see Biehn cast as Mando's adoptive father. He's the right age. But we'll see. This genre veteran is welcome in the series any old way. I'll enjoy seeing him.

Many of these others though, especially non-Mandelorians... strike me as unnecessary clutter. Should I feel a need to go watch Rebels, I'll go watch it. I don't need it brought here. But that is just me. The show does not need to be yanked in fifty different directions.

I'm definitely more intrigued by Fett being in the show than Ahsoka. He is a more logical character for this particular show and if they do it right they could actually do his character some justice after his idiotic demise in ROTJ. His death scene is certainly one of the biggest fails of the OT if not the biggest.

As for Biehn and Olyphant I am excited to see them just because I happen to be fans of their previous work. Loved Biehn in Terminator and Olyphant in Deadwood and Justified. I just hope they have cool parts on the show, however they are utilized.

Not everyone watches the animated shows. The Baby Yoda hype has probably brought a lot of new Star Wars fans on board (and that's more than okay). So, for a lot of people these characters are new. Kenobi is a pre-exisiting live-action character, who is well-known by everyone, regardless of whether they watch Star Wars or not. So, yeah they kind of do need introducing in live-action form. Also, two of the ''rumoured'' characters are Mandalorians (Sabine and Bo Katan), who may well play a key part in the show going forward. I'm sure Favreau and Filoni know what they're doing, stop worrying and enjoy the ride.

Yeah, agree with this. Sabine trained with the Darksaber and if memory serves correct, didn't she leave it with Bo-Katan? I really want to know how it came to be in the possession of Gideon. Was there a second 'Siege of Mandalore' where he invaded with the remnants of the Empire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree. I got sucked into Mandalorian because - Mandalorian. The show, the characters, etc. The right nods to SW but it was all FRESH.

So don't need Mando to be used for wish fulfillment filler for all the stuff in the admittedly excellent Clone Wars and Rebels. If Filoni and/or Disney didn't want to continue either - and Filoni in some interviews anyway sounded unenthused about doing more of Rebels - Mandalorian shouldn't be turned into old home week.

Tho wouldn't be surprised if Mando is used to introduce these characters for their own shows:dunno. Maybe. It's hard to have it sink in that the casting and actor filming was already done by February. Media makes this sound new, but whatever F & F decided to do is in the can already.

That said IMO maybe there will be some good news from the virtual SDCC - since HT must have all the character designs already. Because can't wait to promise HT some MORE $$$$$:lol

Yeah, agree with this. Sabine trained with the Darksaber and if memory serves correct, didn't she leave it with Bo-Katan? I really want to know how it came to be in the possession of Gideon. Was there a second 'Siege of Mandalore' where he invaded with the remnants of the Empire?

Yep, and that's exactly why these characters are more than forced appearances in this show. Bo-Katan was the last to have the Dark Saber before Gideon. So yes how did he get it ? What happened to the Mandalorians post Clone Wars ? Is Bo-Katan still their leader somewhere ? What will happen with the Mandalorians going forward ?

Sure, Ahsoka is linked to Bo-Katan from Clone Wars and I think this is more of a fan favourite pick to highlight her for her own season. But she is also one of the only remaining trained force users (who knew Yoda) that could help with Baby Yoda. So that also works.

While there have been a lot of announcements, I think many have the feeling it feels really crowded. However if some of them only show for one episode then it's not really overwhelming the Mando himself. Even Bo-Katan could only be in a couple of episodes. I doubt she'll become part of Mando's team.

I also believe Bo-Katan and Sabine will also be more in Season 3 as the future of the "Mandalorian culture" part of the story plays out.

But like Captain Trips mentioned.

"I'm sure Favreau and Filoni know what they're doing, stop worrying and enjoy the ride".

So, Ahsoka set to appear in Kenobi. Better grab some popcorn for the comments coming.

No wonder Kennedy fired the previous writer. She wants to inject her Force is female ******** in here too.

If Ahsoka is set to appear briefly in the Obi series for them to talk about Anakin, then I'm all for it.
Or maybe she'll just be in a flashback Clone Wars scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:clap Sounds like Olyphant will indeed have a really cool role on the show!

Great news eh. Watching Deadwood at the moment and this guy is great. Talk about perfect casting.

Great news eh. Watching Deadwood at the moment and this guy is great. Talk about perfect casting.

Yeah Timothy Olyphant is awesome and a great fit for The Mandalorian. He was fantastic in Deadwood, just a great show. If you haven't seen Justified, watch that next.

Yeah Timothy Olyphant is awesome and a great fit for The Mandalorian. He was fantastic in Deadwood, just a great show. If you haven't seen Justified, watch that next.

Watching Deadwood through for the first time and have to say it's really good so far. I haven't seen Justified but will check that one out next, thanks for the tip.

I'm gonna have a Hot Toys Timothy Olyphant. Good times.

https://www.slashfilm.com/timothy-olyphant-mandalorian-character/

Olyphant playing Boba, or at least wearing his armour. Likely Cobb Vanth. Time to go read Aftermath I think.

I am now at the point where I believe exactly ZERO percent of this. Zero.

The idea of hiring T. Morrison, but giving Boba's armor to some 27? year old guy -instead- frankly really ticks me off. I should know better though! This is exactly the kind of crap Disney is known for.

Every single day now we have a new casting notification on a show with 6? count-em six episodes, and a half-hour run-time. There will be so many people onscreen we wont need scenery.

Next: CARRIE FISHER TO JOIN CAST OF MANDELORIAN :slap

I am now at the point where I believe exactly ZERO percent of this. Zero.

The idea of hiring T. Morrison, but giving Boba's armor to some 27? year old guy -instead- frankly really ticks me off. I should know better though! This is exactly the kind of crap Disney is known for.

Every single day now we have a new casting notification on a show with 6? count-em six episodes, and a half-hour run-time. There will be so many people onscreen we wont need scenery.

Next: CARRIE FISHER TO JOIN CAST OF MANDELORIAN :slap

He's 51.

Back