Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "??"

Dave Filoni just loves Boba Fett, the delineation of young Boba and his bounty hunter gang in Clone Wars from Filoni's works was quite fanscinating, especially the espisode when little Boba with his failed attempt to assasinate Mace Windu to avenge his father death.

The Mandalorian story took place 5 years right after the events of ROTJ. Hopefully we will see some cameos of Boba (yes...hes still alive), and his iconic Slave I :)

I think a reveal trailer was confirmed. Along with a BTS for TROS.

I also think The Mandalorian is a great way to fill in the gaps between ROTJ and TFA. Hopefully they explain the Rebel Alliance's uneasy rise to power (paper over the cracks) and their failure to capitalise on their triumph against the empire. While also on the other side explaining the civil wars between factions of the now-defunct Empire and possibly even the origins of the neo-Empire (ala First Order).

This is a great opportunity to fix up some of TFA's biggest flaws. I however have very little faith.

*Would be incredibly interesting if they somehow mentioned Leia being disgraced from her title should the secret of her father be revealed somehow. Maybe this is the catalyst for why the Rebels (now the principal governing body of the galaxy) loses faith and turn their back against her (which in turn strains her marriage) and possibly even Luke. This would be a logical explanation for why the Resistance exists in the first place and doesn't just feel like a re-tread of the OT.

I think a reveal trailer was confirmed. Along with a BTS for TROS.

I also think The Mandalorian is a great way to fill in the gaps between ROTJ and TFA. Hopefully they explain the Rebel Alliance's uneasy rise to power and their failure to capitalise on triumph against the empire. While also on the other side explaining the civil wars between factions of the now-defunct Empire and possibly even the origins of the neo-Empire (ala First Order).

This is a great opportunity to fix up some of TFA's biggest flaws. I however have very little faith.

Absolutely. I?m sure the first season will lean strongly on the OT, but with each further season I?m sure the ST will begin to be referenced.

Yeah, hopefully the story doesn't just span across several days. Would be interesting to see this make up the majority of the 30 year gap considering they're shooting a second season - but I fear that Disney have plans for a prequel trilogy for the sequel trilogy (no, not the OT) because everybody gets a go at making trilogies now apparently.

I personally hope they do not touch anything of what's going on in the "Saga" realm.

I just want a western set in the outer rim with new characters in a familiar environment. There is a vacuum of power with remnants of the Empire still clinging on to what they can, and lawless badasses like the Mandalorian doing what they think is right.

Look, I wouldn't have any problems with that but that's pretty much exactly what Solo felt like. It felt isolated from the saga but in turn, it sacrificed everything that made it relate to the enterprise. All you have to do is literally swap the names of the characters in that movie and no one would see it as a SW movie. By moving away from the saga they had nothing so they desperately tried to expand on every minute detail (the blaster, the ship and even his damn last name) but ultimately failed to go anywhere interesting with it.

The Kessel Run really should've been a race with each contestant having scummy backgrounds (but yet still having their own understandable and relatable motivations) rather than an excuse to have another tentacle monster and a TIE-Falcon chase. I fear it will be the same for The Mandalorian.

The only consolation is that this is a new character so they've got literally nothing to ape off of - which is exactly what I'm afraid of. SW needed time to breathe but they keep holding their hands on its neck.

*I see Dave Filoni worked in some capacity. That's good. The Clone Wars is literally a gap-filler but they did it right and people are now (or have been for a while) embracing the prequels. The Mandalorian should do the same to some degree.

This little guy looks like an Ugnaught to me.

Yep, sure does.

This D23 schedule is a mess. Considering the Mandalorian is their big draw for Disney+ there is hardly any mention of it at all. I can't even tell if they will stream the panel of it. Is there even a panel of The Mandalorian ???

https://d23.com/magic-streaming-d23-expo-2019/

https://d23.com/livestream-the-magic-of-d23-expo-2019/

The trailer is taking place during the Disney+ panel. There doesn't appear to be any specific Mandalorian panel. They'll probably stream it and be complete dicks by blacking out the trailer.

Absolutely. I?m sure the first season will lean strongly on the OT, but with each further season I?m sure the ST will begin to be referenced.

No issues with that at all, they need to bridge that gap between trilogies. They'll no doubts do the same thing with Cassian/Kenobi and the PT/OT.

Look, I wouldn't have any problems with that but that's pretty much exactly what Solo felt like. It felt isolated from the saga but in turn, it sacrificed everything that made it relate to the enterprise. All you have to do is literally swap the names of the characters in that movie and no one would see it as a SW movie. By moving away from the saga they had nothing so they desperately tried to expand on every minute detail (the blaster, the ship and even his damn last name) but ultimately failed to go anywhere interesting with it.

The Kessel Run really should've been a race with each contestant having scummy backgrounds (but yet still having their own understandable and relatable motivations) rather than an excuse to have another tentacle monster and a TIE-Falcon chase. I fear it will be the same for The Mandalorian.

The only consolation is that this is a new character so they've got literally nothing to ape off of - which is exactly what I'm afraid of. SW needed time to breathe but they keep holding their hands on its neck.

*I see Dave Filoni worked in some capacity. That's good. The Clone Wars is literally a gap-filler but they did it right and people are now (or have been for a while) embracing the prequels. The Mandalorian should do the same to some degree.
Completely disageee. Solo was great ..felt more like Star Wars than most from the word go.
Why would the kessel run be a race ?!! Kessel and its spice mines are already established ..why would they race there?
Personally I'm loving that were getting coherent stories ..books .games ..animation ..series that all tie tigether nicely (so far). Even though I'm no fan of the sequels all the other stuff more than makes up for it and i honestly feel this is one hell of a time to be a SW fan. :)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Completely disageee. Solo was great ..felt more like Star Wars than most from the word go.
Why would the kessel run be a race ?!! Kessel and its spice mines are already established ..why would they race there?
Personally I'm loving that were getting coherent stories ..books .games ..animation ..series that all tie tigether nicely (so far). Even though I'm no fan of the sequels all the other stuff more than makes up for it and i honestly feel this is one hell of a time to be a SW fan. :)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It is a difficult film to get in to upon the first few watches. It's very hard to detach yourself from the ''this is not Harrison Ford'' thing. It clicked for me around the fourth or fifth watch, when I finally decided I wouldn't focus on the character being Han Solo, and instead think of him as a new character. That worked a treat actually. He's a really likeable character, and played well by Ehrenreich, he's just not Han Solo. Once detached there's a very fun and interesting story in there. The best bits for me are centred around Qi'ra and the much underappreciated Dryden Vos and Tobias Beckett. The worst bits are not centred around Alden Ehrenreich, but that hideous equal rights droid L3. That's heavy handed to say the least. Star Wars is not Blade Runner or Ex-Machina, it needs to be a little more subtle with its message. In summary it'll never be a great film, but it's a million miles away from being a bad one. It's a solid 7.5/10 SW film with many ideas/characters that should be expanded upon. For someone who never wanted them to make a young Solo film I'm glad it exists.

Yeah, I thought Alden did really well actually.

I personally hope they do not touch anything of what's going on in the "Saga" realm.

I just want a western set in the outer rim with new characters in a familiar environment. There is a vacuum of power with remnants of the Empire still clinging on to what they can, and lawless badasses like the Mandalorian doing what they think is right.

Yeah I'm the same way. As much as I'd like to learn the full history someday of what led up to the ST, the Mandalorian seems like something that would work much better as a self-contained story focused on this one man operating in a dangerous world of bounty hunters. That's already rich enough territory for a SW series as it is.

It is a difficult film to get in to upon the first few watches. It's very hard to detach yourself from the ''this is not Harrison Ford'' thing. It clicked for me around the fourth or fifth watch, when I finally decided I wouldn't focus on the character being Han Solo, and instead think of him as a new character. That worked a treat actually. He's a really likeable character, and played well by Ehrenreich, he's just not Han Solo. Once detached there's a very fun and interesting story in there. The best bits for me are centred around Qi'ra and the much underappreciated Dryden Vos and Tobias Beckett. The worst bits are not centred around Alden Ehrenreich, but that hideous equal rights droid L3. That's heavy handed to say the least. Star Wars is not Blade Runner or Ex-Machina, it needs to be a little more subtle with its message. In summary it'll never be a great film, but it's a million miles away from being a bad one. It's a solid 7.5/10 SW film with many ideas/characters that should be expanded upon. For someone who never wanted them to make a young Solo film I'm glad it exists.

I'm in agreement with you on everything except that it took me about 5 minutes to get over the fact that this wasn't Harrison Ford as Han Solo and then all fell into place. Being a younger, less experienced Solo helped as well.

I'm in agreement with you on everything except that it took me about 5 minutes to get over the fact that this wasn't Harrison Ford as Han Solo and then all fell into place. Being a younger, less experienced Solo helped as well.

Yeah....disliking the film because it wasn't Ford seems rather silly. I grew up with Ford as Solo however; he isn't the only person that can ever play him for my sake. Life doesn't work that way and people age. If the portrayal is true to the character and the film / script good then I'm down for all new people playing the characters.

Just me tho....

I noticed there's an advanced release Mandalorian Funko Pop for D23. Could Hot Toys do something similar for D23?

If the figure looks cool, I may grab something. I really think disney has ruined sw with rogue 1 being the exception. Maybe this will be okay, we'll see.

All the leaked merchandise is pushing the Mandalorian (obviously), Cara Dune, IG-11 and Kuiil (the Ugnaught) as the main crew, so that should give us an indication of what we''ll possibly see from Hot toys.

I noticed there's an advanced release Mandalorian Funko Pop for D23. Could Hot Toys do something similar for D23?

I don’t recall ever seeing Hot Toys just release a figure for sale out of the blue. Even the Sith Trooper was announced a little while before SDCC.

Back