Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

What a pity that the Armourer didn't turn up this season. Does that final scene mean he's now "out" of the sect ? I really hope they don't conveniently forget the Armourer and those other Mandos in S3.

Problem is that there are so many characters without masks. That sucks really.

Why can't they scan these peoples faces and do the sculpts like that ? I wonder what the cost stack up would be like for a scan vs hand sculpted for hours / days ? Accuracy would be better too you'd think. And they've got the tech to do it.

Even better why don't Hasbro, Hot Toys and other Toy manufacturers with the Disney licence band together to share the cost to scan, royalties etc ?

OK rant over. Just frustrating that Hot Toys is so limited by the headsculpts.

I feel pretty sure that Hasbro does face scans, or they really have gotten some excellent 1/12 sculpters in the last couple years.

I see this show going farther and farther away from stuff like the Armorer and more towards King Din of Mandalore.

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Say it, Johnny, say it!...

It's just pure joy. After this year, it was just amazing to see and hear someone who gave you such happiness again, when it wasn't fan art, or a videogame, or a comic book. I didn't have this feeling once during all of the ST nonsense these past few years. But I had it tonight watching the show. It opens my imagination to the same nostalgic possibilities that I had growing up imagining how Anakin got into the suit, what the duel with Obi-Wan looked like.

In the past year, Star Wars has taken a quantum leap in showing fans they hear us and they care. The next few years will be amazing. And I am here for all of it.

It's just pure joy. After this year, it was just amazing to see and hear someone who gave you such happiness again, when it wasn't fan art, or a videogame, or a comic book. I didn't have this feeling once during all of the ST nonsense these past few years. But I had it tonight watching the show. It opens my imagination to the same nostalgic possibilities that I had growing up imagining how Anakin got into the suit, what the duel with Obi-Wan looked like.

In the past year, Star Wars has taken a quantum leap in showing fans they hear us and they care. The next few years will be amazing. And I am here for all of it.

:yess::goodpost::duff

I don't see too many of those guys bashing The Mandalorian, Rogue One, or Solo. So, ''bashing every new addition to the story'' is a bit of a stretch. People don't like the ST because it was terrible story-telling, an obvious lack of planning, and no solid vision with directors/creators seemingly working against each other rather than working as a unit. Time will not make these great, or even good, films. They'll be all but forgotten in 10 years time. Is there even any real evidence that the ST is popular among younger fans? Most of the younger fans will grow up having The Mandalorian as their nostalgic childhood Star Wars memory, not The Last bloody Jedi and whatever episode 9 was called. If you love the sequels then that's great for you, but don't suddenly pretend you're not in the minority among SW fans in doing so.

Sure. Toxic old fan. I don't have to energy for this because its so predictable.

Now that chapter 16 has aired and no "new" character appeared, i'll update my want list for both seasons.

- Greef Karga (Season 1)
- Kuill
- Armorer
- Cara Dune
- Trapper Wolf
- Migs mayfeld
- Zero
- Cobb Vanth
- Boba Fett (Tatoo?ne)
- Carson Teva
- Bo-Katan
- Koska Reeves
- Ahsoka Tano
- Boba Fett (Armor)
- Fennec Shand
- Dark Trooper
- Juggernaut Driver
- Shore Trooper
- Imperial Officer

With 4 series coming at the same time next year, It'd going to be hard to keep up with new reveals.

I have to agree with your statement. The rest of my comment in spoiler tags in since it just happened.
Spoiler Spoiler:

What a pity that the Armourer didn't turn up this season. Does that final scene mean he's now "out" of the sect ? I really hope they don't conveniently forget the Armourer and those other Mandos in S3.

Why can't they scan these peoples faces and do the sculpts like that ? I wonder what the cost stack up would be like for a scan vs hand sculpted for hours / days ? Accuracy would be better too you'd think. And they've got the tech to do it.

Even better why don't Hasbro, Hot Toys and other Toy manufacturers with the Disney licence band together to share the cost to scan, royalties etc ?

The funny part is someone pointed out that in theory that's what HT is supposed to be known for. Like a lot of characters aren't masked all the time. Then there was the TFA Kylo thing where he spends a fair amount of time unmasked. Black Panther.

If I get what I want the Armorer will show up S3 as part of the Deathwatch group. And the Marshall. And we get a Pascal sculpt that's awesome. But who knows what is going on with HT these days - less staff or what with these long delays.

I want a HT red eyed death trooper now after watching the season finale

Why you're craving for the Armourer. I'm totally satisfied with my robust heavy Mando :lol

I'll keep my list short and more realistic.

1. Bo Katan with head sculpt
2. Fennic Shand with head sculpt
3. Boba Fett with head sculpt and clean armor
4. Din with head sculpt and the two new weapons.
5. Armorer

Spoiler Spoiler:

Who'd have thought about seeing these two would ever return to the screen with such immense amount of epicness :yess:. Bring on the figures!
131937720_10217431773096227_2519844140939082398_o.jpg
Boba-Fett-Clean-and-Dirty-Armor.jpg
luke-mandalorian-1608299184.jpg

I already displayed Luke that way, canon be darned lol.

That black robe would be the major selling point for that version, I seriously do not care about the CGI HS, like HT ever nails the likeness of Hamil whatsoever :lol

I’d double dip on Mando Luke if they sized him up a bit. He’s just way too petite next to Anakin.

I seem to be the minority on this, but I can wait for a new Boba fig. While I like his spruced up armor, I can't stand the black robes. He needs a new flight suit or some other sort of proper costume again. I guess I'll be waiting quite a while.

I'll keep my list short and more realistic.

1. Bo Katan with head sculpt
2. Fennic Shand with head sculpt
3. Boba Fett with head sculpt and clean armor
4. Din with head sculpt and the two new weapons.
5. Armorer

I wasn't really convinced we needed an unmasked Mando before, but yeah after this season it feels like a must.

And my list is still pretty short as well: just Bo-Katan, Boba, Ahsoska, and S2 Mando. And of course I'm still holding out hope for a Cara.

I wasn't really convinced we needed an unmasked Mando before, but yeah after this season it feels like a must.

And my list is still pretty short as well: just Bo-Katan, Boba, Ahsoska, and S2 Mando. And of course I'm still holding out hope for a Cara.

Yep, that?s the list right there. I kinda see the mando head sculpt maybe coming with the tank trooper figure if they release it so we have to buy both figures 🤦*♂️

Back