Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

I don't see too many of those guys bashing The Mandalorian, Rogue One, or Solo. So, ''bashing every new addition to the story'' is a bit of a stretch.

Par for the course on this forum. These are passionate opinions falsely framed as 'arguments' wherein logical fallacies and even brazen dishonesty abound.

If I had a dollar for every straw man and red herring in these threads. :lol

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

[...]God or bad it will live inside the Star Wars mythos just like everything else inside this galaxy, even if in the future the ST to be considered non canon by dysney. Star Wars is OT,PT and ST, IT'S ALL THE SAME THING.

For the people who saw Star Wars for the first time in the OT Luke was their Jedi; For me was Qui gon jinn & Obi Wan and for my 10 year old sister it was Rey.

On this we can agree on. But with the glut of genre fiction being produced these days, the ST has a better chance of fading into the general background noise of 'blockbuster' entertainment, along with the rest of Star Wars once the older fan base dies out.

You're wrong, the ST will not be forgotten because Star Wars won't be forgotten, i dont like JJ take on star wars but the truth is it will be remembered.
God or bad it will live inside the Star Wars mythos just like everything else inside this galaxy, even if in the future the ST to be considered non canon by dysney.
Star Wars is OT,PT and ST, IT'S ALL THE SAME THING.

For the people who saw Star Wars for the first time in the OT Luke was their Jedi; For me was Qui gon jinn & Obi Wan and for my 10 year old sister it was Rey.

But, while you can't say they never put MCU Inhumans on film; doesn't mean anyone tries to rewatch it.

At least the PT there was commitment in the narrative and the characters. Haven't been able to bring myself to rewatch the ST yet. After I saw TROS a second time thought it was so bad - just as films go - don't know if I will ever be able to rewatch.

Maybe more for this thread - I own TFA Rey and Kylo. I was always gonna get Finn at least, maybe another Rey and Kylo and Luke - but - it's just too much money for something I didn't enjoy that much. So re ST collecting I just - stopped.

By the time Mando got released, really didn't care that much. SW had been - I dunno - gone off the rails IMO.

But then Favreau and Filoni come along with this little show and light the fire etc.:cool::monkey3

Yep, they're totally making a figure of that character. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

It will always be funny to me that whenever there is something people like, it's "Favreau and Filoni are geniuses!" and when it's something they don't like, it's always "Kennedy sucks!"

Haha that's true.

Now that all episodes are out of the way what are people's final top 10 most wanted lists for the first 2 seasons?

I'll go with...

1) The Armorer
2) Bo Katan
3) Boba Fett
4) Ahsoka
5) Cobb Vanth
6) Dark Trooper
7) Kuill
8) Fennec Shand
9) Koska Reeves
10) Migs Mayfeld

1. Cara Dune
2. Kuill
3. Boba Fett Deluxe w/ clean/unclean armor
4. The Armorer
5. Ahsoka
6. Mayfield

I honestly don't want a Cobb Vanth anymore after getting so much Fett action. I'm going to have to watch more TCW/Rebels to decide if I'd buy a Bo Katan. Dark Troopers would have to make another re-appearance, don't really care for the design, just felt like black Terminators with a trooper helmet. Fennec is same as Katan, I'll have to see more in the Fett show.

You're wrong, the ST will not be forgotten because Star Wars won't be forgotten, i dont like JJ take on star wars but the truth is it will be remembered.
God or bad it will live inside the Star Wars mythos just like everything else inside this galaxy, even if in the future the ST to be considered non canon by dysney.
Star Wars is OT,PT and ST, IT'S ALL THE SAME THING.

I don't disagree that there are going to be ST fans when they grow up, but even totally disregarding our opinions on quality and all of that, just so much fewer kids are even into SW as a whole. There's SO MUCH MEDIA out there these days, kids have so many choices, there won't be nearly as many kids who are nostalgic about this in 20 years as there is the PT. The MCU is Star Wars to kids from the past 5-10 years.

I take it as a big hint too that they announced TEN new shows and zero of them are related to the ST timeline.

Now that all episodes are out of the way what are people's final top 10 most wanted lists for the first 2 seasons?

I'll go with...

1) The Armorer
2) Bo Katan
3) Boba Fett
4) Ahsoka
5) Cobb Vanth
6) Dark Trooper
7) Kuill
8) Fennec Shand
9) Koska Reeves
10) Migs Mayfeld

I am discounting figures unlikely at this point to be made, so that means Dune, the Armorer and Kuill are not on my list.

In no real order:

*Bo-Katan
*Fett, Tattoine Mythos version. Headsculpt please and make it a Deluxe
*Fett, post-Sherwin-Williams-visit *Chef's kiss*
*The maquette seen in the post-credits scene, I am talking about the scenery here. That big piece of furniture and what it sits on. All that.
*Mando with headsculpt and beskar spear, maybe the Darksaber
*Fennec Shand
*Axe Wove
*Koska Reeves
*Mayfeld...?
*You know.... cant believe I am saying this, but maybe we need a new version of that Jedi who showed up. Included in the package can be a Grogu

I dont know, I'm just sitting there watching Slave 1 flying around and its total nerding out, like I cannot believe I am actually seeing this. So many times, we get producers who have this strange idea that we MUST trash all source material and have a "new" version of characters people have loved for decades, because "we have to appeal to people who don't know anything about this." No you don't. Doing that is a huge Eff You to fans. Give people what they want to see, what they know, what they love and their gratitude and love in return will drown you. Their delight will in turn draw in new fans.

This Is The Way.

Well Jackollie95 seems to enter the thread right at a ripe time to trigger the most people, diverting them away from what we are here to discuss, figures for the Mando and Cassian and Kenobi. No mention of ST in that title.

I just chose to ignore him/her and discuss what we're here for. Mando and the final episode. You're never going to convince people like that. They just come here to stir up trouble.

I fainted during the last 10 - 15 minutes of the season 2 finale.

Randy

Well Jackollie95 seems to enter the thread right at a ripe time to trigger the most people, diverting them away from what we are here to discuss, figures for the Mando and Cassian and Kenobi. No mention of ST in that title.

I just chose to ignore him/her and discuss what we're here for. Mando and the final episode. You're never going to convince people like that. They just come here to stir up trouble.

So i can't post here because you say so?
Dude did you even read the posts before i answer Captain_Trips? it wasn't me who mentioned the ST.
I am the one who is saying to not hate for the hate, that Star Wars is for everyone and for all tastes exactly because it is eclectic.
You're the one who is being an ******* just because you don't agree or respect my opinions.

100% HT will make that throne. I'm hoping for a DX with both weathered and freshly painted armor, but it will likely end up two separate releases. SDCC 2021 here we come, I look forward to the figure shipping at Christmas 2023.

100% HT will make that throne. I'm hoping for a DX with both weathered and freshly painted armor, but it will likely end up two separate releases. SDCC 2021 here we come, I look forward to the figure shipping at Christmas 2023.

i guess hot toys will release Ahsoka and Fett just for their solo series

I'll go with...

1) The Armorer
2) Bo Katan
3) Boba Fett
4) Ahsoka
5) Cobb Vanth
6) Dark Trooper
7) Kuill
8) Fennec Shand
9) Koska Reeves
10) Migs Mayfeld

What a pity that the Armourer didn't turn up this season. Does that final scene mean he's now "out" of the sect ? I really hope they don't conveniently forget the Armourer and those other Mandos in S3.

Problem is that there are so many characters without masks. That sucks really.

Why can't they scan these peoples faces and do the sculpts like that ? I wonder what the cost stack up would be like for a scan vs hand sculpted for hours / days ? Accuracy would be better too you'd think. And they've got the tech to do it.

Even better why don't Hasbro, Hot Toys and other Toy manufacturers with the Disney licence band together to share the cost to scan, royalties etc ?

OK rant over. Just frustrating that Hot Toys is so limited by the headsculpts.

Yeah a throne would be an easy and nice accessory for them to add for him you'd think.

At minimum third parties are probably already at work :lol

It doesn't feel real. It feels like an amazing dream I had after falling asleep. Favreau and Filoni are just geniuses.

It's

Back