Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Hot Toys love doing their own thing.

Apparently their "thing" now is avoiding the very thing that made them the leader in realistic 1/6 figures, making character head sculpts.

All the troopers and reused sculpts have really become annoying.

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Very annoying. This year hasn't been their strongest, despite hyping up their anniversary. To be honest, I'm far more interested in other companies and haven't bought a single 1/6 except Rambo this year.

Very annoying. This year hasn't been their strongest, despite hyping up their anniversary. To be honest, I'm far more interested in other companies and haven't bought a single 1/6 except Rambo this year.

If only other companies had or utilised the 1/6 scale Star Wars license.

Honestly I'm not sure any other companies out there are qualified to do humans. Threezero could probably do pretty decent aliens and droids. Their costumes are usually pretty good but their human sculpts are generally weak. I think a character like Kuiil would be right in their wheelhouse.

Honestly I'm not sure any other companies out there are qualified to do humans. Threezero could probably do pretty decent aliens and droids. Their costumes are usually pretty good but their human sculpts are generally weak. I think a character like Kuiil would be right in their wheelhouse.

I'm surprised Kuiil isn't wanted by more people. Just cause he's dead shouldn't mean a thing.

When I think of the number of characters which die in a movie and the figures Hot Toys have made....

He get's more air time than any of the other characters which Hot Toys made (other than the Mando of course) and was a truly memorable character. Not to mention he would look great on the shelf as something totally different to all humanoid forms.

Anyway I'll stop my rant now.

Bring on the Tusken and Moff Gideon !! That's a decent start.

I'm surprised Kuiil isn't wanted by more people. Just cause he's dead shouldn't mean a thing.

When I think of the number of characters which die in a movie and the figures Hot Toys have made....

He get's more air time than any of the other characters which Hot Toys made (other than the Mando of course) and was a truly memorable character. Not to mention he would look great on the shelf as something totally different to all humanoid forms.

Personally I just dont really like the Ugnaught species design, never been a fan of it.

Saw this and thought it was funny

af1b6422e6c055ef16a6b98fed15409c.jpg

.... However, unless I GREATLY miss my guess Mando is going to become the HT version of Iron Man. There is intense interest in this show and the characters populating it. I'd be very surprised if one or more of their character sculptors were not burning the midnight oil over this show.

Sad to say, I would bet you real money that the first actual face sculpt we are going to get from this show is going to be none other than Tatooine Boba. Desert outfit, weapons strapped on his back, the works. If HT knows one thing it is that Fett Sells. He sells even more than Mando does.

Now, I am not saying I agree with this! I really do not; I'd prefer to see this version of Fett fully armored up WITH character sculpt, a la Jango.

I will be absolutely shocked to see Vanth, which real talk, I think declining on him is a mistake as many are very taken with him. They need to man up and give us Cara, though.

Desert Boba. Just you wait. When it happens I will dig this post out of the ground and say I TOLD YA. lol.... *big sigh*

How much money? Moff, Moff.........I mean cough, cough!

Actually not a bad call though I would be very, very surprised if it didn't happen.

I think it's a start and we will see more characters with sculpts from HT. They're very quite these days, Venom is done by an outside team it so the main HT team must be sculpting on other things.

Has anyone got any idea who's directing the next episode?

I know Carl Weathers is doing episode 4 and Filoni episode 5. I'd guess Robert Rodriguez, with being the big Hollywood movie director of the season, will be doing the finale. That leaves Rick Famuyiwa, Bryce Dallas Howard, and one unknown.

Is Favreau only doing the first episode? Too bad if true.

I of course completely agree. I also hate when a very cool character dies and subsequently gets ignored.

Kuiil was Mando's first ally on the show, had a great backstory about earning his freedom, fixed the Razor Crest and made BY's crib, fixed IG-11, sacrificed his life trying to save BY, coined one of two catchphrases from the show, etc etc. I'm still holding out hope.

How much money? Moff, Moff.........I mean cough, cough!

Actually not a bad call though I would be very, very surprised if it didn't happen.

*raises brow Spock-style* Hey, when I'm wrong I'm wrong. I just admit it. ;) I am glad that people who want Gideon and Tuskens are getting them though, figure diversity is good.

I wonder if Fett is going to end up going, "Take my helmet will you? All-righty then." *snatches Djaren's helmet off HIS head* or something along the lines of that. I could see it happening.

Ok, back to arguing on another forum as to the moral implications of B.Y. committing genocide by eating some unfertilized eggs. The internet is hilarious; to hear many tell it, B.Y. foraging is right up there with Anakin mowing down a bunch of kiddos via lightsaber. He is right up there with Colonel Green from ST! People have NO common sense or reasoning abilities these days. How about B.Y. is a damn toddler who does not know any better atm?

Has anyone got any idea who's directing the next episode?

I know Carl Weathers is doing episode 4 and Filoni episode 5. I'd guess Robert Rodriguez, with being the big Hollywood movie director of the season, will be doing the finale. That leaves Rick Famuyiwa, Bryce Dallas Howard, and one unknown.

Perhaps it's another Filoni episode ?? I go more by the characters who will turn up, so if Mando makes it to the Covert and there are potentially some well known Mandos there then perhaps Filoni will also need to be there directing ?? No idea, just a guess.

Perhaps it's another Filoni episode ?? I go more by the characters who will turn up, so if Mando makes it to the Covert and there are potentially some well known Mandos there then perhaps Filoni will also need to be there directing ?? No idea, just a guess.

Could be. Good logic. 7 directors for 8 episodes, someone has to be directing twice. Filoni and Famuyiwa are the only real possibilities.

Fett figures are a guarantee. Pre getting his armor back and post armor....

Honestly I just want my Han Solo.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely want Kuiil. He was a great character, would go great with Mando and IG-11. I hope he comes with a tea set for IG-11 lol.

Is Favreau only doing the first episode? Too bad if true.

I don't really put too much weight to the directors for each episode. In watching the Gallery series, they basically 3d animated the every episode before ever shooting. So I think Favreau/Filoni are really 'directing' the entire thing. Coupled with who knows when/if Pascal is in the costume, it seems very much a collaborative effort for the whole series.

Preparation for Cobb Vanth?
f5b0437babb5b1a6567f4f50184599e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Back