Action Figure Hot toys Diecast Iron Man Preservation (For Diecast Surface)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't think these would need much maintaining. I have a ton of Diecast 1:18 scale cars that i have had for 20+ years and never touched them other than maybe a damp wipe down if the surface needs cleaning, thats about it. I have had them on a shelf and they have remained in great shape.

I've never put anything on my figures, but I have a car with matte paint and use a matte ceramic coating so it doesn't become glossy. Could possibly work on figures.

https://www.drbeasleys.com/matte-paint-coating.html
IMG-20190606-WA0008.jpg
Matte Paint coating can apply on Hot Toys War Machine Diecast Mark 1, 2 and 3? Personally, I have seen many similar issue on Hot Toys War Machine diecast surface. The photo here is the most obvious. If do nothing, entire diecast surface will become worse and worse.

View attachment 462545
Matte Paint coating can apply on Hot Toys War Machine Diecast Mark 1, 2 and 3? Personally, I have seen many similar issue on Hot Toys War Machine diecast surface. The photo here is the most obvious. If do nothing, entire diecast surface will become worse and worse.

What type of environment do you live in? I feel like that would only happen in a very humid setting...

What type of environment do you live in? I feel like that would only happen in a very humid setting...

Living in South East Asia. Considered hot and humid. But, place in air-conditioning dry room also having this issue.

Living in South East Asia. Considered hot and humid. But, place in air-conditioning dry room also having this issue.

Looking at the photo again it almost seems like some kind of liquid may have splashed on it? Are you sure those marks aren't caused by something else?

I've never put anything on my figures, but I have a car with matte paint and use a matte ceramic coating so it doesn't become glossy. Could possibly work on figures.

https://www.drbeasleys.com/matte-paint-coating.html

Like yacobschlomo suggested, there are wax that have different sheen after the fact.

I wouldn't think these would need much maintaining. I have a ton of Diecast 1:18 scale cars that i have had for 20+ years and never touched them other than maybe a damp wipe down if the surface needs cleaning, thats about it. I have had them on a shelf and they have remained in great shape.

Thanks! Live in the middle of the Pacific ocean and everything rusts way quicker here. Granted all my figures are in dustproof glass display cabinets and I reside a good distance away from the beach, still would like to do preventive measures.

Looking at the photo again it almost seems like some kind of liquid may have splashed on it? Are you sure those marks aren't caused by something else?

Never splashed with any liquid, bought sealed brand new from Hot Toys distributor, just displayed it normally at home on table. I have seen many of this issues from friends staying at different areas. Just that they are lazy to share out here. Any coating suitable for Matte diecast surface?

My mark 46 suffers the same problem, I live in southeast asia too
Some of the red paint part on the thigh isn't flat anymore, it looks like some texture
First I thought it was dirty, the red paint peel off soon as I tried to clean it :thud:

I kept my Mark 46 back in the box since then

If you live in a really humid climate, it may help to run a dehumidifier in the room where you keep your collectibles.

90% of the time when I see one of these "my figures are deteriorating!" posts, the owner appears to live somewhere like southeast asia, south of the equator, with super humid conditions, etc.

90% of the time when I see one of these "my figures are deteriorating!" posts, the owner appears to live somewhere like southeast asia, south of the equator, with super humid conditions, etc.

You have no idea. Without ac/fan, my room humidity is unbearable, hot toys pleather with begin flaking in about 2-3 years. I always envy those pic in instagram which show their earlier predator, red skull in near mint condition

For those having these issues, are only the diecast figures affected? I used to collect diecast cars as a kid in Thailand and those were prone to blistering/cracking. Don't recall the plastic ones doing that.

For those having these issues, are only the diecast figures affected? I used to collect diecast cars as a kid in Thailand and those were prone to blistering/cracking. Don't recall the plastic ones doing that.

Yes. This happens on Diecast surface.

Back