Hot Toys - DeLorean - Mod ideas & Resources

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quick pic of how my delorean looks before and after.

Then:

IMG_2473.jpg

Now:

20160817_004544.jpg

What gauge cable and heatshrink did you use? I'd like to try out various options on mine.

The wires are the same I used for the interior. See here https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165970&p=8652228&viewfull=1#post8652228

The heatshrink I used was 3.2mm from this ebay listing: 201174663824

It was big enough to fit around 6 or 7 cables. It stays on rather snug too.

I didnt weather the red and yellow wires on the outside mainly because I dont have any black wash paint but I actually kinda like the look of it anyway so I wont be weathering those.

I am seriously considering improving the door head space and if I do, it will be the only permanent mod fixture as I would have to use glue.

The wires are the same I used for the interior. See here https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165970&p=8652228&viewfull=1#post8652228

The heatshrink I used was 3.2mm from this ebay listing: 201174663824

It was big enough to fit around 6 or 7 cables. It stays on rather snug too.

I didnt weather the red and yellow wires on the outside mainly because I dont have any black wash paint but I actually kinda like the look of it anyway so I wont be weathering those.

I am seriously considering improving the door head space and if I do, it will be the only permanent mod fixture as I would have to use glue.

Thanks! I knew you'd said somewhere, but couldn't remember.

Door head space? What do you mean?

Its the circled part. Its so taller people can fit into the car with the door closed. Maybe I should have used the term head well. Jeremy clarkson still had trouble sitting in one comfortably. You may have noticed that the figure of martys head sits in this well which leads me to think the Doc figure may have trouble sitting in the car with the door closed.

DeLorean_DMC-12_(15704582713).jpg

20160401_210902.jpg

Well, the doors are easy to remove. My suggestion would be to wait until Doc arrives and see.

On a side note, I need to find out what colour the front and back sections of the DeLorean are. The HT one is nothing like the colours in those pictures. HT painted with almost a brown tint to it. Strange.

Any new disassembly pics? Thanks for sharing everything so far, Anx10us.

Any new disassembly pics? Thanks for sharing everything so far, Anx10us.

I've been too busy the past few days. Sorry, dude. I will continue looking at the back section. Hit a wall again and not sure if I shall continue forward. Ordered a new set of drills, in case I still go that route, but even though I ordered them from Amazon, they seem to be coming from China. Gggrrr. I'll post updates as soon as I have any :duff

Well, the doors are easy to remove. My suggestion would be to wait until Doc arrives and see.

I meant im considering either painting it or gluing on some of the same fabric I used for the carpets as it doesnt look that great now. Im leaning more to the carpet option myself. I think the only way will fit in the car at the moment is if you remove his boots making him shorter.

Oh, I see what you're saying. My bad. Thought you wanted to mod it so Doc would fit.

I could have worded it better, but Doc not fitting is a concern. Maybe he will fit and ive just had marty sat too high up. I also think this is why HT neglected to add in the foot pedals. It would have possibly made it harder to get marty/doc to sit in the car and also they probably would have snapped when people tried.

Had another quick look tonight and I've decided I'm not take any more of the back apart. Too secure and to risky.

So, I'm going back to my original plan to remove the dash, seeing as it's not load-bearing at all. Will update when I have done it.

If you could post any more pics of the stubborn back end it would be appreciated. I eventually want to gut the entire thing and your pics have been invaluable so far.

I'll try and compile a load of pictures and details at the end etc.

Is anyone else taking there's apart at the moment? Plan to go this deep? Would be good if someone caught up to where I am.

Got it out!

a-brett.jpg

Cut those three post you mentioned ealier and then cut the glew around the windshield frame

a-brett-2.jpg

I dont think you would get it out from behind because there are screws inside the middle console.

Back