Hot Toys Death Star Gunner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an interesting point. And makes sense.

Does seem like they slipped this order in between two... which would indicate a small edition size.
Hard to blame them if its true. It seems like these Trooper type variants end up sitting in stock forever and wind up discounted later which winds up costing them in the end. It probably makes more sense to do a smaller edition size.

It's interesting to see 'Episode 4' all over those blogger pics when he was in Rogue One also. Same happened with the Battlefront Snowtrooper.

This is how Hot Toys marketed it. Probably on all of their promotion lit like the pre-order info. I think Rogue One helped bring about their release though.

"Sideshow and Hot Toys are pleased to officially introduce the sixth scale collectible figure of the Death Star Gunner for Star Wars fans to add to their collection! The highly-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the appearance of the Death Star Gunner in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope and features a greatly detailed unique helmet, expertly tailored outfit that can be interchanged between the two styles of looks, a blaster pistol, and figure base. This Death Star Gunner will surely make a great addition to your Imperial display!"

Looks pretty good but I decided against it. No a character I need and would be getting it because of my love for the original POTF line.

The two-part (ANH Vader style) gloves and a too-stubby blaster don't help put this fig over the line for me. No idea why HT keeps trying to return to that pleather and hard-plastic-scrawny-hands combo for gloves. These look almost as goofy as the Vader ones were.

Also in the video it doesn't appear that HT used a separate tinted/transparent visor on this figure's helmet like they have done with most of their troopers - seems to be just part of the main helmet mold. It's always a pretty subtle (and sometimes invisible) inclusion but was a nice nod to actual prop.

This guy with a TIE Fighter pilot and a Stormy in the middle feels like it'd be a great display.

The two-part (ANH Vader style) gloves and a too-stubby blaster don't help put this fig over the line for me. No idea why HT keeps trying to return to that pleather and hard-plastic-scrawny-hands combo for gloves. These look almost as goofy as the Vader ones were.

Also in the video it doesn't appear that HT used a separate tinted/transparent visor on this figure's helmet like they have done with most of their troopers - seems to be just part of the main helmet mold. It's always a pretty subtle (and sometimes invisible) inclusion but was a nice nod to actual prop.

Yeah, gloves are the only let down. Cool that they did both tops. And as this figure has a unique helmet it still has an edge on some of the other OT troopers for me.

One issue I always had with if you buy the stormies, sandtroooer, TIE pilot, and AT-AT driver is that they all share the same stormtrooper helmet as the base. A bit too similar on the shelf for me.

It's Star Wars, it's Imperial, it's got a special shelf on the Detolf waiting for it's arrival.

And K2S0 looks amazing. Can't wait for that one, as well.

Wasn't going to get this, but it is a pretty unique trooper and it has been executed really well by HT. My mind has been changed!

I agree on those gloves. Just awful

I also agree about the gloves. I will need to find suitable replacements for these and the Death Star Trooper' s.

Until then, it looks like I will be posing these guys with their hands behind their backs.

I also agree about the gloves. I will need to find suitable replacements for these and the Death Star Trooper' s.

Until then, it looks like I will be posing these guys with their hands behind their backs.

Think I may just use extra sideshow tie pilot gloves or altered at-at driver ones

It was a nice attempt to get the wrist articulation but I agree these gloves are bleh. I may skip out on the Gunner but most definitely want the DS Trooper and will most likely have him hiding his hands behind his back.

In allegiance to the Empire of course ;)

Anyone know when you'd see them in the ribbed shirt versus the smooth one. Is it a difference between movies, or even scenes in the same movies?

Back