Hot Toys Death Star Gunner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Realistically this is priced as cheap as it was going to be unless they did some sort of two pack. I'll be picking up one or more eventually but obviously no rush.

Alter Ego has him at $199 so, yes!

I guess you got me, I should have specified Sideshow. But you could have said Yoda... wasn't he $199.99 at Sideshow? I just remembered him. Been so long. Seems like another era.

Because yes, I can get many HT Star Wars figures on ebay for like $50 less or more than HT/SS offer.

He's $199 though, like many before, or at least the ANH Stormtrooper. RO trooper was $189. The basic TFA trooper might have been $195 too.

I don't remember many $199.99 HT Star Wars figures at Sideshow in the last couple years.... other now than Yoda and RO trooper (which I never paid attention to).

Was there many others? Seems like HT likes to keep their retail (SS) prices over $200 in general.

I guess you got me, I should have specified Sideshow. But you could have said Yoda... wasn't he $199.99 at Sideshow? I just remembered him. Been so long. Seems like another era.

Because yes, I can get many HT Star Wars figures on ebay for like $50 less or more than HT/SS offer.

Sorry, never thought of Yoda. $200 for that one seems EXPENSIVE so he was never on my radar. Based on this guy, gonna say we know how much the standard Death Star Commander dude is gonna be: $205 with a deluxe one at $225 or some such range. For some reason, way more excited for that guy!

Has HT offered a figure for under $200 in the last couple years?
I think a couple First Order Troopers (I believe the regular Trooper and Tie Pilot) were $199. Plus like you said Yoda. The regular Stormtrooper and Leia were $199 as well and they're within the past couple years. Also he's a tad over but a major character like Finn at $205 was a decent price. The new Rocket Racoon is $198 (though he's a tad high in comparison to the first release).

Edit: Actually I guess the First Order Trooper was $205. Seems like $205 is fairly standard for basic Troopers without a lot of accessories such as the Death Star Gunner and Snowtrooper.

Well, yeah, I mean Leia came with nothing and a really simple dress.

At least the Gunner has a complex outfit and a swappable shirt.

Anyway, my point was that HT seems to drive pricing over $200 whenever it can. I doubt anyone truly wants to argue that point.

Well, yeah, I mean Leia came with nothing and a really simple dress.

At least the Gunner has a complex outfit and a swappable shirt.

Anyway, my point was that HT seems to drive pricing over $200 whenever it can. I doubt anyone truly wants to argue that point.
Hey it could be worse. Look at Sideshow prices the past couple years. They've gone crazy and tend to release bare bones figures that underwhelm.

At least you will get a decend stand and good quality figure. Neither of that is sure when comes to Sideshow.

Omg after all these years I just noticed he's wearing a Sandtrooper Pauldron on his chest!

Yeah, it's actually the other way around. The Gunner is wearing it properly, it's old school chest padding for motor-cross.

I only found this out a few months ago myself.

a9f768859967d3bff6064bea5b59162d.jpg
dfc23d7bf1524d8338bf1d0c0c61a709.jpg
d912caee9512e840db015e9443ef166f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back