Hot toys comic version carnage and venom coming???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like more clarification on that lab setup. It does sound like we might be overwhelmed with stuff this year. The first three Iron Man figures were my first Hot Toys purchases and I told myself I'd like to collect their Marvel offerings but financially I'm going to have to be selective. If I had known about the battle damaged Mark III I would have gotten it instead of the first Mark III, but I can't seem to justify both. I figure one of each armor might be stretching it with all the Iron Man 2 offerings but that's my goal so far.

I would like more clarification on that lab setup. It does sound like we might be overwhelmed with stuff this year. The first three Iron Man figures were my first Hot Toys purchases and I told myself I'd like to collect their Marvel offerings but financially I'm going to have to be selective. If I had known about the battle damaged Mark III I would have gotten it instead of the first Mark III, but I can't seem to justify both. I figure one of each armor might be stretching it with all the Iron Man 2 offerings but that's my goal so far.

With the lab,I was thinking....Could the packaging be the actual environment that the suit sits in,so if you collect all the suits you could clip it all together to form one giant lab?Making the box part of the figure if you will.Like the Ideal Zeroids from the '60s.And then maybe just have the floor and the computer desk as a seperate environment(I HATE typing that word but it s better than playset:lol)

Assuming the information is accurate, I hope HT does not revisit all the same comic characters as Medicom.

I know certain heavy hitters like Spiderman and Wolverine would certainly be considered. I wouldn't mind other comic characters such as:

Hero
- Captain America
- Daredevil
- Hulk
- Iron Fist
- Thor
- Deadpool

Villian
- Red Skull
- Kingpin
- Dark Wolverine
- Norman (Goblin or Patriot)
- Juggarnaut
- Magneto (Medicom is blah)

I wonder how the films upcoming would influence the line. Smart business sense would be to have fans not be able to pick and choose but to buy one and then later buy another. We know the Spider-Man film is coming and that HT will do a film figure so will that influence the decision NOT to do a Comic Spidey until later? I have no doubts that they'll do a Thor and Cap film version so will that delay a comic version?

Good question. Upcoming Marvel films naturally peg the more popular characters which one would guess would be their comic license as well.
HT will divide collector's into those who choose comic or movie versions and those who buy both. How to do that successfully will be a good qustion.

Back