Hot toys comic version carnage and venom coming???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cos Mark 1 was destroyed & used as a base for Iron Monger.

No. It fell apart after his fall but was collected in full and backwards engineered into Iron Monger. In the film you can see Pepper walk up to it and say "I thought it'd be bigger" right before Iron Monger emerges from the shadows.

Even if he couldn't get it back because it was used as a base for the Iron Monger, it's not like he doesn't have the money to build another one for display in his armory. Dude's a billionaire, he can afford it.

He has it but you have a point. There was a point in the comics where he was building variations of the Iron Mans just to fill an armory as "Just in Case" scenarios.

'll be very surprised if we see a Rorschach from HT - they're done with Watchmen. And that's why these comic character choices are strange - they do a couple of heavy hitters and only then do they consider other characters. And I didn't get that it was a movie Invisible Woman - that would be great if it was, but still a strange choice. I'd think they'd lead off a FF movie line with Thing - they can do the non-standard bodies.

We don't know what they are doing until they put it out there. Thing might be accompanying Invisible Woman if they are in fact doing it.

I don't think it's going to be the Alba one since they are planning a F4 reboot already.. I could be wrong though.

HT has a master Marvel films license. They are planning reboots of Blade as well and they are still doing that.

After Yulli's latest work on the T-800, I am so stoked to see what HT can do with Marsden's Cyke, as well as Magneto. I love the first 2 movies.

HT will produce figures they can sale and re-produce. That said, I know it is a stretch but I wouldn't mind a Juggarnaut and Beast from X3. Not because I enjoyed their characters persay I think a 1:6th scale representation would look cool on my shelves. I hope we hear something in the near future about HT direction with the Marvel license. Speculating is fun but the wait is killer :D

Hi. I found this and thought it was interesting while trying to find some more weight to the rumors:

https://reviews.ebay.com/Insider-News-of-Hot-Toys-July-2009_W0QQugidZ10000000012645157

What is interesting is the date on this page and how it looks like he lists some things that have been announced since this list was made. It also doesn't mention whether the Invisible Woman or Venom are movie or comic version. I was under the understanding that Hot Toys only had the license to do movie versions but I could be wrong about that.
It looks like based on the lat time this page was edited it was before Comic Con and the announcement for the Mars Attacks and 300 figures. I'm also thinking the Dark Knight DX and Thriller figures had yet to be unveiled.

Last edited:
Christopher Reeve as Supes is a MUST HAVE. I would probably pass on Venom and Carnage, and the Invisible Woman could be hit or miss. I would only consider her if she was the Alba version.

And I know I'm in the minority, but I actually found the Fantastic 4 movies entertaining; They were the first time I had any type of interest in those characters and comics, who never appealed to me growing up. I would totally buy a Hot Toys Julian McMahon Dr. Doom, just because he had such a great look, especially in the sequel:

3958647_main.jpg

But I know most of the comic geeks would prefer a comic version, so a movie version would be unlikely.

Let's just say this, there have been at least five or six board members for about a year now who have been saying HT is getting the Marvel comic license. They've been naming the same characters usually too, Hulk and Spidey characters as lead offs. It will be very interesting to monitor in the coming months to see if all of this speculation comes to pass. We know they have the Spider-Man film license and it will be interesting to see if they'll do a film Spidey and a comic Spidey in such close proximity because I guarantee you that a Spider-Man 4 figure will be offered.

What are our chances of getting a movie Spidey from SM1 or 2 this year, before HT goes all out with a SM4 version? Or will the SM4 version be the first?

What are our chances of getting a movie Spidey from SM1 or 2 this year, before HT goes all out with a SM4 version? Or will the SM4 version be the first?

I bet there will be a SM released before SM4 hits. HT has too much to gain releasing beloved older versions (SM1) then capitalizing on the new buzz (SM4). Once the initial R&D cost is determined to make the first figure anything afterwards is money in the bank.

I won't argue the point since the HT Marvel license is my grail, I will take all they offer. :D

Honestly it depends on when they've started working on it. We know from the TDK franchise that they work of approved conceptuals which is why we have The Joker looking the way he does. With Spider-man 4 hitting in Summer 2011 and filming projected in March of 2010, the figures usually being in process for months its possible that they may be looking at Spider-Man from 4 being their first one.

A year and a half is a long time before releasing the first SM figure. I assume HT has the specs to create a SM1 - SM3 since the license was obtained. Which means they could began working on the first figure in July or August 09.

Whether the figure is released in 2010 or 2011 will not matter. Spiderman brings a huge fan base and collector's will snatch them up. Thus the waiting continues............:monkey2

Isn't the lead time for figures roughly 6 months? So if they announced and previewed the figure this month the earliest it'd come out is June. By SDCC I guarantee you that you'll see SM4 figures from Hasbro, etc. previewed. Which would indicate that if they wanted to wait for SM4 they could easily have it planned to be released at the end of the year or Q1 of next and not have to preview it until mid year this year...

Isn't the lead time for figures roughly 6 months? So if they announced and previewed the figure this month the earliest it'd come out is June. By SDCC I guarantee you that you'll see SM4 figures from Hasbro, etc. previewed. Which would indicate that if they wanted to wait for SM4 they could easily have it planned to be released at the end of the year or Q1 of next and not have to preview it until mid year this year...

Lead time for figures vary. T2 T-800 was previewed this month and due early 2Q which is 3 to 4 mos. Wolverine was announced in April and released in December which is 8 mos. I assume lead time depends on "new features" versus "existing features".

Your logic is solid with Tech-suit IM, BD IM and Blade coming in the first half of the year and good bet IM2 the second half of the year. Gives us Marvel freaks something to chew while the Marvel line-up takes shape.

I'm curious to see what comic version 1/6th scale figures from Hot Toys would look like. I'm probably in the minority but I'd almost rather see an Alba Invisible Woman because basing it off an actor would seem to me to give it a more lifelike appearance, however with Venom, I could go either way. I guess when I have seen some of the Medicom RAH Marvel figures some of them seemed too cartoony, but that's just me.
Any guesses when some light might be shed on these rumors?

All of Medicom's figures have an anime vibe to them which it was understandable that the Marvel ones would fall that same fate. There are a ton of artists who drew the characters unstylized and many who took a real world approach like Alex Ross. Honestly I would like HT to hide some celebrity sculpts in there as well as their own takes of the decades of source material and give us something holistic.

I'm curious to see what comic version 1/6th scale figures from Hot Toys would look like. I'm probably in the minority but I'd almost rather see an Alba Invisible Woman because basing it off an actor would seem to me to give it a more lifelike appearance, however with Venom, I could go either way. I guess when I have seen some of the Medicom RAH Marvel figures some of them seemed too cartoony, but that's just me.
Any guesses when some light might be shed on these rumors?

I have all the comic RAH's (except Blade) and they are a decent crop. The red /blue and black versions of Spiderman are two of my favorite collectibles. That said, I have a 'wait and see' attitude towards future comic versions. I prefer a movie sculpt, it gives the figure a recognizable appearance.

According to the latest news about Spider-Man 4, I'm having doubts that Hot Toys are currently in the process of developing anything from the film. It sounds like things could still change and somethings are still not locked down. Maybe the film will be pushed to Christmas of 2011. This would might be good comic book movie fans because it will give Thor, Green Lantern and Captain America a bit of breathing room.
As far as the other rumored characters, I'm hoping the Invisible Woman figure is the Alba version. I was thinking it would be cool to have some representation of the last 10 years of Marvel films with her, a Maguire Spider-Man, some movie X-men and maybe a Molina Dr. Octopus and Doug Jones Silver Surfer.

Back